Is money the root of all evil?

Sure, money can enhance the living experience. But, spending too much time pursing money can destroy the living experience. So, how much time do you spend seeking money?

That's the thing money is great...IF you have it...IF it's actually a good representation of your effort and work. That is not always the case.

Sure, work can be part of the living experience. Would you spend your last day on Earth working though?

Money - work - the same tired treadmill for wasted lives running the rat race. You like this?

What else are you advocating exactly? Don't work, bum off the government - be happy in your cardboard box?

No, money isn't anything, its like Ayn Rand said:
"So you think that money is the root of all evil?" said Francisco d'Anconia. "Have you ever asked what is the root of money? Money is a tool of exchange, which can't exist unless there are goods produced and men able to produce them. Money is the material shape of the principle that men who wish to deal with one another must deal by trade and give value for value. Money is not the tool of the moochers, who claim your product by tears, or of the looters, who take it from you by force. Money is made possible only by the men who produce. Is this what you consider evil?"

Money - work - the same tired treadmill for wasted lives running the rat race. You like this?

There are all kinds of work, the writer, the artist at their canvas...perhaps you just have a problem with the industrial revolution and consequent long hours of drudgery.

I have a problem with spending too much time working instead of spending time of things you love. If you would work on your last day on Earth, than you truly love work - and I wouldn't begrudge you your pathetic life.

It is said in so-called primitive hunter-gatherer societies they only spent a fraction of the time we spend now in work gathering food. Making a living might only require an hour or two a day.

Unfortunately, yes. But, what am I - a robot trained to think like my superiors? I can have a job and still not like it. In fact, I think most people don't like their jobs. Why kid yourself into thinking work is so important - just because you're stuck doing it. That's self-inflicted brainwashing.

Not everyone hates their job.....just because you may think your job is shit and that money sucks doesnt mean everyone else does, thats called projecting.

Back