Is Atheism Irrelavent?

Jiminy Cricket is a small cricket who first appeared in Disney's 1940 animated film, Pinocchio as the deuteragonist. Jiminy acts as a conscience and a good friend to the film's title character. He is clever, kind, caring and brave. He will do anything for a friend, even if it's life-threatening. He has appeared along with Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell as a Disney mascot. He has been voiced in the past by Cliff Edwards, Sterling Holloway, Eddie Carroll and currently by Phil Snyder.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Jiminy_Cricket
So do you have this little thing sitting on your shoulder prompting you like my Guardian Angel did when I was younger?

This is another reason I generally try and avoid lying. I seem to have particularly strong physological response when I lie, they're dead easy to spot.
That's close but why not say no more lies at all? No more thinking about avoiding them from now on.

Last edited:
No because Christ came in the Iron age not the stone-age.
That's your comeback?

You still follow the god of Abraham.
You still insist on the accuracy of the teachings of the Old Testament.
Therefore you still follow a stone-age cult. At best it's an iron age cult of personality that has its roots in a stoneage cult.

Do you even understand the differences between Judaism, Christianity and Islam?

That is an absolute lie. I might not have accepted what you say but I did read it.
It would be a lie if I said "You haven't read anything I had said." As it's phrased, it's a question, and a genuine one based on what appears to be either ignorance or dishonesty on your part.

"Atheist" is a term given by theists. I don't particularly like being referred to by that label. I'm not in a group called "the Atheists". I just don't have your belief...that's it. Someone who doesn't have a belief doesn't need a label and they certainly don't need to be grouped by a non-label.

Do all "non-Aussies" think like you? What do all you "non-Aussies" do for entertainment when you have a day off? I'd like the "non-Aussie" perspective on this.
A Kiwi is a non-Aussie!

A Kiwi is a non-Aussie!

The point you're missing is that while Kiwi's are non-aussies, Brits are non-aussies, Yanks are non-aussies, Russians are non-aussies, Chinese are non-aussies, North Koreans are non-aussies.

Do you think like a North Korean? Do you do the same things for entertainment that a North Korean does when they have a day off (assuming they get any).

That's your comeback?

You still follow the god of Abraham.
You still insist on the accuracy of the teachings of the Old Testament.
Therefore you still follow a stone-age cult. At best it's an iron age cult of personality that has its roots in a stoneage cult.

Do you even understand the differences between Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
You don't know me very well yet do you?
I am writing my life story in the BCS thread and I can't ever remember saying anything much about the God of Abraham. You are jumping the gun as you tend to.

The point you're missing is that while Kiwi's are non-aussies, Brits are non-aussies, Yanks are non-aussies, Russians are non-aussies, Chinese are non-aussies, North Koreans are non-aussies.

Do you think like a North Korean? Do you do the same things for entertainment that a North Korean does when they have a day off (assuming they get any).
That is a good question but this forum is not suited to answering a question like that.

You don't know me very well yet do you?
I am writing my life story in the BCS thread and I can't ever remember saying anything much about the God of Abraham. You are jumping the gun as you tend to.

Do you even understand christianity?

That is a good question but this forum is not suited to answering a question like that.
Really?

You're missing the point by that much?

You don't see the paralell between calling everybody who doesn't believe in the abrahamic god an atheist and suggesting they all think the same and calling everybody who lives outside Australia a non-australian and assuming they all think the same?

o_O

Do you even understand christianity?
I am telling my life story, most would say I'm not Christian, but I call myself a Christian because I follow the teachings of Jesus Christ. So I understand some parts of the Christian story. But there would be plenty of debateable bits.
Are you an expert?

Really?

You're missing the point by that much?

You don't see the paralell between calling everybody who doesn't believe in the abrahamic god an atheist and suggesting they all think the same and calling everybody who lives outside Australia a non-australian and assuming they all think the same?

o_O
I get the feeling you might be a Aussie!

It would be a lie if I said "You haven't read anything I had said." As it's phrased, it's a question, and a genuine one based on what appears to be either ignorance or dishonesty on your part.
It was just a question but one that and 3 question marks after it, The sign of a truly questionable, questionable question.

Back