Is Atheism Irrelavent?

Well you were luckier than me then, in my spare time we were forced to work. If I spent time reading it was considered a waste of time. It was a conflict though, for Dad would say "get a good education" but wouldn't allow us to read anything.

Well then, this:

Is that you being a troll?

Is your first problem. Insinuating that someone is being a troll because they posted a reference you didn't understand.

Maybe you need to examine yourself some more and spend some time trying to figure out how many of the problems you find dealing with atheists are actually reflections of your own attitude towards them.

Well then, this:

Is your first problem. Insinuating that someone is being a troll because they posted a reference you didn't understand.

Maybe you need to examine yourself some more and spend some time trying to figure out how many of the problems you find dealing with atheists are actually reflections of your own attitude towards them.

Learn to read Trippy! When I ask a question "Is that you being a troll?" I am not "insinuating that someone is being a troll because they posted a reference I didn't understand", it was just a simple question.

The Atheists definitely need to reflect on their attitude toward me!

Learn to read Trippy!
My prose literacy is well above average.

When I ask a question "Is that you being a troll?" I am not "insinuating that someone is being a troll because they posted a reference I didn't understand", it was just a simple question.
I'm sick of this - the argument 'I didn't imply anything, it was just a question'. It's boring, inane, and insipid. It's nothing more than cowardice, it's why people phrase things as a question in the first place.

The fact that you chose to ask him if he was being a troll tells us you considered the possibility that he might be trolling you rather than answering the question.

The fact that you chose "Are you being a troll?" over the alternatives, for example, "I don't get it." "What's your point." "COuld you explain what you mean." is part of where the implication and insinuation comes from.

No, and this post fairly conclusively demonstrates that.

No not true. Everyone has the chance of telling the honest truth or making up a deception to hide the truth. You don't have tell lies all the time, but you could pick and choose.
For me there is no longer the option of picking and choosing. I have to tell the truth. Makes life harder, for how do I tell someone the truth and get away with it? But at least I don't have my head cluttered with lies.

Don't try and over analyse me please, as in your statement: "since the only reason that you think lying is wrong is because God will punish you". Only reason! No; for the person you are telling the lie to could also find out, and give you a slap around your ears as well. You might be wise not just to fear God.
I can only go by what you yourself write... And that seems to change with the wind.

My prose literacy is well above average.

I'm sick of this - the argument 'I didn't imply anything, it was just a question'. It's boring, inane, and insipid. It's nothing more than cowardice, it's why people phrase things as a question in the first place.

The fact that you chose to ask him if he was being a troll tells us you considered the possibility that he might be trolling you rather than answering the question.

The fact that you chose "Are you being a troll?" over the alternatives, for example, "I don't get it." "What's your point." "COuld you explain what you mean." is part of where the implication and insinuation comes from.
Well without getting too carried away how does a picture of Jeremy Cricket answer my original question? (What underscores an atheist's morality?) Have you ever tried to get facts out of Beer w/Straw? I know you haven't, for your innocence confirms that.

Why don't you start by not referring to people as "the Atheists"? What if someone constantly referred to you as "the God idiots"..."are the God idiots moral?", "do the God idiots think?", what do "the God idiots think about this?".

Well without getting too carried away how does a picture of Jeremy Cricket answer my original question? (What underscores an atheist's morality?)
Jiminy Cricket was Pinocchio's conscience.

[video=youtube;DOZzNOkcEgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZzNOkcEgM[/video]

I can only go by what you yourself write... And that seems to change with the wind.
You don't understand me in other words. I would say Captain Kremmen is close, and Spidergoat really does. But everyone else just holds up a crucifix and would love to drive stake through my heart.

In fact I shudder every time I see your avatar appearing on the scene.

Why don't you start by not referring to people as "the Atheists"? What if someone constantly referred to you as "the God idiots"..."are the God idiots moral?", "do the God idiots think?", what do "the God idiots think about this?".
So when you read "the Atheists" you do you read "Those fighting against the God idiots"?

You don't understand me in other words. I would say Captain Kremmen is close, and Spidergoat really does. But everyone else just holds up a crucifix and would love to drive stake through my heart.

In fact I shudder every time I see your avatar appearing on the scene.
I was hoping you had learned something during your time off. I guess not. I'll put you back on ignore where you belong.

Well without getting too carried away how does a picture of Jeremy Cricket answer my original question?
Why don't you start with Wiki-fucking-pedia?

But then again, I note you've used the correct name instead of what I said.

Alternatively you could ask the man with the straw to elaborate further.

(What underscores an atheist's morality?)
Examples have been given to you, you have thus far chosen to ignore them rather than to dicsuss them.

We can only lead you to the answers, we can't force you to think. You have to do that for yourself.

Have you ever tried to get facts out of Beer w/Straw? I know you haven't, for your innocence confirms that.
Yes, actually, I have had a number of interesting, insightful, and productive discussions with Beer w/Straw over the last five years.

Jiminy Cricket is a small cricket who first appeared in Disney's 1940 animated film, Pinocchio as the deuteragonist. Jiminy acts as a conscience and a good friend to the film's title character. He is clever, kind, caring and brave. He will do anything for a friend, even if it's life-threatening. He has appeared along with Mickey Mouse and Tinker Bell as a Disney mascot. He has been voiced in the past by Cliff Edwards, Sterling Holloway, Eddie Carroll and currently by Phil Snyder.

http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Jiminy_Cricket

Jiminy Cricket was Pinocchio's conscience.

[video=youtube;DOZzNOkcEgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOZzNOkcEgM[/video]
Let your conscience be your guide. but when you tell a lie is your conscience really saying it is OK? Or are you saying they momentarily over ride their conscience at times.
At what point did your conscience tell you it was OK to lie?

I was hoping you had learned something during your time off. I guess not. I'll put you back on ignore where you belong.
God is Good. Thanks, that is just what I wanted. For you and I should never be in the same conversation.
What a arrogant attitude you just displayed, unfortunately you'll miss my reply. WTFAU to say "I was hoping you had learned something during your time off"?

You have some weird fixation with lying.

Have you ever thought of why lie detectors work?

So when you read "the Atheists" you do you read "Those fighting against the God idiots"?

"Atheist" is a term given by theists. I don't particularly like being referred to by that label. I'm not in a group called "the Atheists". I just don't have your belief...that's it. Someone who doesn't have a belief doesn't need a label and they certainly don't need to be grouped by a non-label.

Do all "non-Aussies" think like you? What do all you "non-Aussies" do for entertainment when you have a day off? I'd like the "non-Aussie" perspective on this.

Back