Is Abortion a right someone should have?

Something else which hasn't been mentioned yet.

Abortions will happen, regardless of whether they are legal or not. If women cannot access legal abortions, some will resort to dangerous, illegal procedures. This is historical fact.

Far greater net harm results when abortion is illegal than when it is legal.

It was vaguely mentioned back on page 3, but its always worth mentioning again. It's the point i agree with most, if a baby is not wanted people will become desperate to remove the foetus and if they dont have the safe means to do so they'll find their own ways of doing so.

angrybellsprout said:
===============================================

REASONS FOR ABORTIONS: COMPILED ESTIMATES

Rape 0.3 % (0.2-0.6 %)

Understandable due to their choice of sex being taken away...

Incest 0.03 % (<0.1 %)

Who made the choice to bang their sister/brother/cousin/etc.?

Physical life of mother 0.2 % (0.1-0.3 %)

We shouldn't force the mother to kill herself for the child.

Physical health of mother 1.0 % (0.1-3 %)

Same as above.

Fetal health 0.5 % (0.1-1.0 %)

Not sure how far I'd go with this, as then you start getting into eugenics.

Mental health of mother depends on definition

"Personal choice" 98% (78-99 %)

--Too young/immature/not ready for responsibility (32 %)

Too young? Why are they having sex?

--Economic 25% (21-28 %)

Too poor? Why are they having sex?

--To avoid adjusting life (16 %)

Don't want to adjust? Keep your pants on.

--Mother single or in poor relationship (12-13 %)

Can't deal with children? Keep your pants on.

--Enough children already (4-8 %)

Get your ovaries removed and then you won't have to deal with that.

13 July 2005

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abortion/abreasons.html

James R said:
Something else which hasn't been mentioned yet.

Abortions will happen, regardless of whether they are legal or not. If women cannot access legal abortions, some will resort to dangerous, illegal procedures. This is historical fact.

Far greater net harm results when abortion is illegal than when it is legal.

We have laws against rape, but rape will happen as well.

Are you suggesting that we should just abandon all of our laws against rape simply because rape exists?

If some dumb slut that can't keep her pants on wants to kill herself, then all she is doing is helping to cleanse the gene pool.

Nysse said:
Right. Make the woman not only have to deal with the rape itself, but 9 months of a situation she never wanted to be in in the first place that will completely fuck her current life up. And while you’re at it call her a "dumb slut" for going and getting herself raped as well.
Nice.

The englishes are not very strong with this one...

rape and dumb sluts are two different categories, hence the bit about rape being used as an excuse to justify dumb sluts

i don't expect you to ever learn how to become literate and understand how the englishes work just wanted to point out how idiotic you really were...

angrybellsprout said:
We have laws against rape, but rape will happen as well.

Are you suggesting that we should just abandon all of our laws against rape simply because rape exists?

If some dumb slut that can't keep her pants on wants to kill herself, then all she is doing is helping to cleanse the gene pool.

What do you do when a young child is raped by a family member and ends up pregnant?

Nysse said:
Too true.
And some will try and do it themselves. My friend became pregnant at 14, but her parents refused to take her to the clinic to have the abortion she wanted, so she ended up trying to do it herself with a piece of wire. It wasn’t pretty. She fucked herself up completely, when she could have just had the abortion safely and cleanly.
There would be considerably more cases like that, and more people dying than just foetus’ if it were illegal.

lol maybe that would have helped her learn her lesson about keeping her pants on until she was ready to be held accountable for her actions...

angrybellsprout said:
lol maybe that would have helped her learn her lesson about keeping her pants on until she was ready to be held accountable for her actions...

This whole thing about saving babies is too help people, and this young girl hurt herself because she's scared shitless to have this child and your laughing at her?

Lemming3k said:
It was vaguely mentioned back on page 3, but its always worth mentioning again. It's the point i agree with most, if a baby is not wanted people will become desperate to remove the foetus and if they dont have the safe means to do so they'll find their own ways of doing so.

Then they can either kill theirselves or just go to prison on murder charges.

either way it will be pretty lol

hug-a-tree said:
What do you do when a young child is raped by a family member and ends up pregnant?

I dunno I'm sure that it wouldn't be the same thing that I've been advocating the entire time...

allowing abortion in the case of rape...

hug-a-tree said:
This whole thing about saving babies is too help people, and this young girl hurt herself because she's scared shitless to have this child and your laughing at her?

She did it to herself, that's whats funny about it. Wouldn't have happened if she would have kept her pants on. It's that simple.

angrybellsprout said:
She did it to herself, that's whats funny about it. Wouldn't have happened if she would have kept her pants on. It's that simple.

That's not the point. It happened, and she hurt herself and there's nothing funny about that.

Damn straight, I was in no position to deal with things like kids.

I'm going to continue doing so while I'm in uni as well. Once I graduate and get a job and house in 2-3 years, then I'll be ready to deal with children.

My big fear as a teenager was mono, while others were picking up more intereasting illnesses...

Back