If there's no God...

Nothing, BUT do you believe a man can still do what he could've done a thousand years ago with a nation?
Today all people care about is the beaurucracy, and it's disgusting.

...you don't think humans had bureaucracy a thousand years ago?

Conquering other peoples civilizations is hardly living in peace and harmony ...:rolleyes:

It isn't about that so much as we CAN'T do it today anymore with the damn beaurcracy; basically, today we care more about paperwork than a man's will.

It's the difference, that back then you could do great things and be proud and loyal of your faction, today where are the patriots in the US? Are there any?

We're burrying ourselves under all these policies and procedures.

...you don't think humans had bureaucracy a thousand years ago?

'Course they did, but I think it was more centralized around loyalty to one's faction, rather than paperwork. Effectively, a man could make something of his name for his people more than he can really do today. It isn't the same at all.

You do realize that the paperwork is the modern day representation of a man's will, right? Do you want to go back to the sword and bargain trading?

You do realize that the paperwork is the modern day representation of a man's will, right? Do you want to go back to the sword and bargain trading?

Honest question?

The paperwork does nothing but burry you in all of these different stupid policies, and you can't take a shit today without it being documented.

No limits towards what? If anything, you have to look both ways. This means the potential for goodness from human beings is limitless.
Religion does not limit goodness either, but it DOES limit wickedness; that's a plus

Like spidergoat said, you can have culture without religion. For example, I'm not religous at all, but I still enjoy celebrating Christmas. And then you have secular holidays like Thanksgiving, Fourth of July, etc.

Fourth of July is a patriotic holiday
Thanksgiving is a more "celebration" holiday to celebrate goodwill; however, it still centers around giving thanks, and with many, thanks to God.

My point is, religion is a big part of life, it's just part of Human identity. I think removing it is a mistake. Productivity and money will certainly fly up..........but that isn't what I live for.

You are sending confusing signals. First you say that religion would make the world a more peaceful place. Then you talk about conquering other nations. Are you calling for a modern crusade or what ? Also ,in talking about pride in America, you are overlooking the fact that nationalism and jingoism lead to nothing but intolerance and strife.

I honestly think you should give the matter some more thought.

You are sending confusing signals. First you say that religion would make the world a more peaceful place. Then you talk about conquering other nations. Are you calling for a modern crusade or what ? Also ,in talking about pride in America, you are overlooking the fact that nationalism and jingoism lead to nothing but intolerance and strife.

I honestly think you should give the matter some more thought.

Religion WOULD make a more peaceful place in a moderate form; the conquest bit was directed at patriotism and how, today, I am sick of all the beaurucracy bullshit; men can't prove themselves today as they could in the past.

Maybe you don't love your country, but I do. Sorry for you.

However, we need not fret!

Firstly, it is no insomuch sincerely believing in the RELIGIOn as it is living by the philosophy. The philosophy and spirituality generated, however, are what I find to be beneficial to society.

And secondly, in the end the religious will just move and the atheists will move to their type of society; then, we can ALL respect each others' beliefs or lack of it, and live in peace in the type of society we WANT to live in.

For instance, as I would want to live in a patriotic, united society with a sense of family loyalty and tradition, as well as dedication and hard work for your people; as I would want to live in such a society, I would not go move with alot of liberals or atheists.

However, we need not fret!

Firstly, it is no insomuch sincerely believing in the RELIGIOn as it is living by the philosophy. The philosophy and spirituality generated, however, are what I find to be beneficial to society.

And secondly, in the end the religious will just move and the atheists will move to their type of society; then, we can ALL respect each others' beliefs or lack of it, and live in peace in the type of society we WANT to live in.

For instance, as I would want to live in a patriotic, united society with a sense of family loyalty and tradition, as well as dedication and hard work for your people; as I would want to live in such a society, I would not go move with alot of liberals or atheists.

What would you do just deport those people who grew up with views that differed from your own?

Without trying to come across as sounding rude.. man you don't half talk a right load of old bollocks.

There is no reason why atheists cannot have philosophy, spirituality, a sense of family loyalty, a tradition of hard work, etc. Those things are not the monopoly of monotheism.

There is no reason why atheists cannot have philosophy, spirituality, a sense of family loyalty, a tradition of hard work, etc. Those things are not the monopoly of monotheism.

I agree that they CAN have it, but I highly doubt they WOULD

And I doubt they'd have spirituality in not believing in spirits

Without such faith, money takes holds of everyone's live; the only point of living becomes watching tv.

That's just my worry, ya know?

Also snakelord why do you feel so?

also Schim no but they probably will want to leave on their own. That's what people do if they live in a society they don't like.

also Schim no but they probably will want to leave on their own. That's what people do if they live in a society they don't like.

Or they try to change it from within. :D

The implication in your post was that atheists have no family loyalty, are not hard working, have no sense of tradition, no dedication, no unification and are not patriotic.

If you have something, anything, even the teeniest little bit of data to support such a ludicrous statement then I eagerly await the presentation of it. If you actually believe that shit you must have scrambled egg for brains.

The implication in your post was that atheists have no family loyalty, are not hard working, have no sense of tradition, no dedication, no unification and are not patriotic.

If you have something, anything, even the teeniest little bit of data to support such a ludicrous statement then I eagerly await the presentation of it. If you actually believe that shit you must have scrambled egg for brains.

No, I wasn't saying THAT THEY DON'T HAVE but that they would be less inclined TO HAVE those values, as nothing promotes them.

And that those values appear less in very atheist societies as opposed to religious societies, for instance, compare the Netherlands to Italy.

No, I wasn't saying THAT THEY DON'T HAVE but that they would be less inclined TO HAVE those values, as nothing promotes them.

How would they be less inclined? How would an atheist be less inclined to work hard - His food will fall out the sky for free? How is an atheist less inclined to have family loyalty - atheists don't love their kids, mothers or wives as much as religious folk? Etc etc etc..

Like I said.. scrambled egg.

And that those values appear less in very atheist societies as opposed to religious societies, for instance, compare the Netherlands to Italy

Got any relevant source data? I must have missed the poll that stated Dutch people love their kids less than Italian people. :bugeye:

Last edited:
And that those values appear less in very atheist societies as opposed to religious societies, for instance, compare the Netherlands to Italy.
There are no atheist societies. But even so, you aren't talking about faith, but rather culture.

I agree that they CAN have it, but I highly doubt they WOULD

And I doubt they'd have spirituality in not believing in spirits

Without such faith, money takes holds of everyone's live; the only point of living becomes watching tv.

That's just my worry, ya know?

Spirituality doesn't mean believing in spirits. As usual (for religious people), you equate lack of religion with some kind of deliquency, which is just propaganda.

Back