I think it's fun to step on ants. So what?

Exactly! That is the OP's answer.

It should be - Because I must.

Why not?

Guys: I'm not some demented freak who rubs his hands together and laughs maniacally when I see a bug. It's not like I'm delighted by pain or that I hate all ants -- except when they get on my stuff. I have a neutral attitude toward them, but that also means I don't care about them. They're just ants and their lives make no difference to me, which means if I feel like stepping on them out of boredom, then I will.

Religion aside, what are the possible consequences of this, practically or philosophically? There are none.

except for the psycological conciqences of course. Hell i will kill bull ants if i see them in my yard because im worried about them killing my animals but i dont care if there are spiders in the house (especially huntsmen) they keep the other incects in line. I dont even use fly spray (because it would poision my fish tank)

except for the psycological conciqences of course. Hell i will kill bull ants if i see them in my yard because im worried about them killing my animals but i dont care if there are spiders in the house (especially huntsmen) they keep the other incects in line. I dont even use fly spray (because it would poision my fish tank)

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not a sociopath in the making.

Twenty-four. I'm considered pretty normal by most standards, and by most everyone I know. Out of college, I have a job, friends, a girlfriend, and I keep busy outside.

I'll give you a hint.. free of charge:
Do not try to discuss this with anyone that you want to like you..

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not a sociopath in the making.

Maybe you already are a sociopath?

Perhaps you should ask yourself why you sometimes choose to step on ants? Why is it the death of a living creature gives you such pleasure???

I'll give you a hint.. free of charge:
Do not try to discuss this with anyone that you want to like you..

sorry to say this, but not a lot of people give a tinker's damn about ants...or spiders...or cockroaches...

No seriously.
Some people here say: "why care about nature.. it's survival of the fittest. So I can kill anything I want."
This sort of mentality is the root cause for the problems we have now and for the problems that are coming.
What they don't seem to realize is that: no nature equals no humans. Even: no insects equals massive problems for humans.
If most people do not care about nature then my only conclusion can be that most people are stupid. But we already knew that I guess...

I say it because not a lot of people care about bugs. Do you see people hanging bird zappers around their house like bug zappers?

I agree that that's how it is, but why did you tell me ? You should know by now that I am very aware of that..

I like bugs. I've raised my kids not to kill them. They do defend themselves though (the whole lawn on fire incident).
Oh, I do kill flies.

Back