I AM an Astrologer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are appreciative for the time that I have taken to discuss their issues.

This is much the same way that some are helped by chiropractors. A massage makes them feel better, and the positive benefit had nothing to do with the quackery that is chiropractic.

Most people appreciate anyone who will talk to them about themselves and their troubles. That they appreciate this has nothing at all to do with astrology.

When the person comes to me and says to me that I was right about what happened to them after I told them astrologically, which I did nothing more than look at their chart and tell them what was coming up in their chart, then how is that not true. If I see certain issues and events coming up in their chart and point it out to them, how is that not true. How they handle the issues and events are up to them, that is choice.

I don't charge at all for helping people and I now think that you could say how can someone not listen if they haven't paid me. They are appreciative for the time that I have taken to discuss their issues. If I haven't helped them, then I haven't hurt them one bit. But I will tell you this much, I am respected as a person first, just as I respect them.

Thats very touching, call me sinical but no one does anything for mothing.

All the rich con merchants have claimed similar - Uri gellar, John Edwards ,Telly evangelists.....

Why do I need something in return? I didn't ask them if I could help them, they came to me. I am non-judgemental of people and I think that is what they respect. I can give freely, can you?

There is no catch, no return. I am not like that, are you? Do you help people because you are looking for something in return?

So what you are all saying is that you a sceptical of everything. You don't believe in ghosts, alien abductions, or Big Foot? You have no beliefs at all unless it has happened to you personally.

The Tooth Fairy had a direct effect on me, by lifting the tooth from beneath my pillow and exchanging it with quarters, all the while I slept.

I often wondered where she got all that money, and why it always smelled like draft beer?

The point is that you need explain the difference between ghosts and alien abductions to the flying invisible pink dragon living in my attic.

When the person comes to me and says to me that I was right about what happened to them after I told them astrologically, which I did nothing more than look at their chart and tell them what was coming up in their chart, then how is that not true. If I see certain issues and events coming up in their chart and point it out to them, how is that not true. How they handle the issues and events are up to them, that is choice.

No, it would be true if the exact events you described in detail actually occurred every single time, consistently and unequivocally.

Why yes, it has. I don't need to lie about all the times that I have given astrological advice over 20 yrs that people have come back to me and told me that I was right about what I told them-oh no, then I would be a psychic, if I was right that many times and then underfire for that!

So what you are all saying is that you a sceptical of everything. You don't believe in ghosts, alien abductions, or Big Foot? You have no beliefs at all unless it has happened to you personally.

As Carl Sagan said, "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." If I had been an Ichthyologist prior to the discovery of a living Coelacanth, I would have been very skeptical of anyone claiming there were still living specimens. I would have changed my mind once a living specimen was discovered. That's how science works.

I haven't seen a ghost or Big Foot, nor had an alien abduction, but I believe in them. Maybe that makes me gullible, but I think that it is my "blind" faith even though I don't have a belief system per se. That is, I don't beleive in the God concept. I think that the bible is a great historical book. I don't think that Adam and Eve were created like in the bible nor the other stories. And almost the whole bible is filled w/contradictory stories. I don't always have to "see" to believe w/my eyes though.

Good. Then you are leaps and bounds beyond the thread starter. His claim had a 'what' without evidence. Your claim has a 'what' and a 'how' with 'testimonials'... the most unreliable kind of evidence for objective truth. I propose an experiment. Lets pick a target such as (Q). Use your charts to make an important and specific prediction about an upcoming event in his life. The prediction should include:

1) Who and / or what is involved.
2) What is the event.
3) How long will the event last.
4) When will it happen (in GMT for compatibility's sake).
5) Where will it happen (specific geography)
6) Why / How it is happening (if applicable).

Send the prediction to a person of your choosing on this forum. Right after the event supposedly comes to pass, the person you chose will ask the target:

* Where were you (5) on / between some time / date range (3) (4)?
* What transpired (2) during that time?
* Who / what (1) was part of that event?
* Why / How did this happen (6) (if applicable).

Lastly, the person will post the original prediction side-by-side with the target's responses. If the answers match up then you will have officially attained a proof (a feat that no other known astrologer has ever been able to do). Success at this means a new discovery about reality that will completely change the world of science and gain you a bit of fortune and fame in the process. Failure at this means you are deluded and are intentionally or unintentionally trying to delude others.

What do you say?

I haven't seen a ghost or Big Foot, nor had an alien abduction, but I believe in them.
Why do you believe in them?

I just do. I feel that ghosts are on a diff plane then we are and they can be somehow trapped here...I believe that aliens can and do exist because I can't believe that we are the only somewhat intelligent lifeform in our Universe, and I believe that something like Big Foot could be left around since olden times. But, it sure is funny that no one has a "real" picture of one. That's all.

Good. Then you are leaps and bounds beyond the thread starter. His claim had a 'what' without evidence. Your claim has a 'what' and a 'how' with 'testimonials'... the most unreliable kind of evidence for objective truth. I propose an experiment. Lets pick a target such as (Q). Use your charts to make an important and specific prediction about an upcoming event in his life. The prediction should include:

1) Who and / or what is involved.
2) What is the event.
3) How long will the event last.
4) When will it happen (in GMT for compatibility's sake).
5) Where will it happen (specific geography)
6) Why / How it is happening (if applicable).

Send the prediction to a person of your choosing on this forum. Right after the event supposedly comes to pass, the person you chose will ask the target:

* Where were you (5) on / between some time / date range (3) (4)?
* What transpired (2) during that time?
* Who / what (1) was part of that event?
* Why / How did this happen (6) (if applicable).

Lastly, the person will post the original prediction side-by-side with the target's responses. If the answers match up then you will have officially attained a proof (a feat that no other known astrologer has ever been able to do). Success at this means a new discovery about reality that will completely change the world of science and gain you a bit of fortune and fame in the process. Failure at this means you are deluded and are intentionally or unintentionally trying to delude others.

What do you say?

I don't do Worldly predictions. I do horoscopes w/people. I do chart readings w/real people. Does someone want to volunteer for that?

You are requesting a prediction for a Worldly event. My field of astrology deals w/people prediction and events. A natal chart reading, a progression and a transit.

I just do. I feel that ghosts are on a diff plane then we are and they can be somehow trapped here...I believe that aliens can and do exist because I can't believe that we are the only somewhat intelligent lifeform in our Universe, and I believe that something like Big Foot could be left around since olden times. But, it sure is funny that no one has a "real" picture of one. That's all.

And they all have one thing in common; not a shred of empirical evidence can be found to support any of them. Openly stating you have these sorts of beliefs is fatally damaging to your credibility on a science forum.

What are these ghosts? What is this "diff plane" that they are trapped in? What evidence is there for either?

We could very well be the only intelligent life form. Or there may be intelligent extraterrestrials. But it is a fantastic leap to go from the possibility of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe to "And they come to Earth and abduct humans."

The "Bigfoot" could be like the Coelacanth. But in all of these years, no specimens, no photos that haven't been easily debunked as fakes, no real tracks, no scat deposits; it seems far more likely that it has all been a hoax.

All you are doing is establishing yourself as a remarkably credulous individual. Which makes you a poor choice to try and convince a bunch of hardnosed skeptics that there is something to astrology, when it has long been established to be pure hokum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back