Hypocrisy Issues in the Bible !!!

§outh§tar said:
www.ihatejesus.com is also a good place to learn about Christianity and it's goodwill message.

luuk simply dismiss PM, he is ignorant and "Proud" of it.

Yeah !! typical christian !!! you guys are exposed !! your bible is full of contradictions and cant be trusted.

Here is one example for you to think about before you sleep:

II Chronicles 36:9 says that Jehoiachin was 8 years old when he became king.
II Kings 24:8 says Jehoiachin was 18 years old when he became king.

A difference of 10 years !!!

James R said:
Another thread edited for plagiarism.

what do you mean plagiarism ??? when haters quote hadiths without reference, you let them do so, but us quoting the bible without reference is plagiarism !!! what a hypocrite JAMES !!

:mad:

Here are the hypocrisy issues in the bible ( NO SOURCE REQUIRED SINCE THEY ARE VERY CLEAR IN THE BIBLE TO ANY ONE WHO WANT TO READ AND SEARCH ) !!

Judah condemns Tamar to be burned for harlotry, when he himself had been her patron (Gen 38:24).

Saul consults the witch of Endor after having banned witches (1Sam 28:7-10).

Amnon loves Tamar until he rapes her, then he hates her and casts her out (2 Sam 13:1-17).

David kills the Amalekite for killing Saul, his enemy (2 Sam 1:1-15).

Jesus forbids calling someone a fool (Matt 5:22), then he does it (Matt 23:17, 19, Lk 11:40).

Jesus says to love your enemies, bless them that hate you (Matt 5:44), then he curses his enemies (Matt 12:34, 23:15, 17, 19, 27, 33, Luke 11:40, John 10:8).

Lol, that's some funny shit. Quoting the Bible is plagarism? (or did he rip some pre-made thoughts from another website?)

- N

The 'my religion is better than yours' arguement is rather tiresome and very last year.

Sure I agree, so ask the christians here to stop their cheap attack on Islam so that Muslims will stop showing how '' peaceful'' the bible is !! :p

Proud Muslim - Your own Holy Book states that the Bible was received directly from God. See:

TORAH - "We gave Moses the Book and followed him up with a succession of messengers," (Sura 2:87).
PSALMS - "We have sent thee inspiration, as We sent it to Noah and the Messengers after him: we sent inspiration to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob and the Tribes, to Jesus, Job, Jonah, Aaron, and solomon, and to David We gave the Psalms," (4:163).
GOSPEL - "It is He Who sent down to thee (step by step), in truth, the Book, confirming what went before it; and He sent down the Law (of Moses) and the Gospel (of Jesus) before this, as a guide to mankind, and He sent down the criterion (of judgment between right and wrong)," (3:3).
Also, "And in their footsteps We sent Jesus the son of Mary, confirming the Law that had come before him: We sent him the Gospel: therein was guidance and light, and confirmation of the Law that had come before him: a guidance and an admonition to those who fear Allah," (5:46).

Here are some verses which note that the word of God cannot be altered:

"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).
"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all," (6:115).
"For them are glad tidings, in the life of the present and in the Hereafter; no change can there be in the words of Allah. This is indeed the supreme felicity," (10:64).

(quotes from http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/quran/)

Any comments? ;)

f

I bet his response will be something like "Typical hater! You dont know anything about Islam!" -- without any real substance in his argument, or intellect

filter said:
Proud Muslim - Your own Holy Book states that the Bible was received directly from God. See:

Any comments? ;)

The Noble quran talks about the INJIL that was sent to Jesus, not the current bible which was written by some liars.

Christian missionaries in almost every discussion of the Quran assert that the Quran asks Muslims to believe in the Bible as a revelation of God. But the Quran says no such thing.

There is no reference to the Bible in the Quran whatsoever. The Quran mentions the Taurat (Old Testament) and the Injil (New Testament). The Taurat is the book given to prophet Moses. This the equivalent of the Torah/Pentateuch of the Jews and Christians, since much of it was not written by prophet Moses. And the Taurat is definitely not the Old Testament since the OT includes dozens of books attributed to other prophets before Jesus. The Injil is translated as the Gospel revealed to prophet Jesus. This is not the New Testament.

The New Testament is a collection of 4 biographies of Christ, 27 epistles of St. Paul, and other books on the lives and adventures on the followers of Christ. There is no record of a book revealed to Jesus. Perhaps the closest to it are the words of Jesus himself, which constitutes less than 10% of the NT. Therefore to say that Christians changed the Bible is an inaccurate statement, and can cause trouble in a discussion, because the Christian can then ask questions such as: Who changed the Bible? When exactly was it changed? How do you know it was changed if you don't have a copy of the original? The Bible, or at least the New Testament, cannot be an altered copy of the Injil because it is a completely different book.

In fact, the original Bible or New Testament (the very first one) did not correspond to the Injil, Taurat, or Zabur in the first place. It doesn't matter how unreliably it was transmitted; the Bible does not correspond to the Quranic Injil.

It is not that the Christians have changed the original, but rather they have the wrong book, altogether. The words of Christ are possibly the closest thing to the Injil, but if some of them don't agree with the Noble Quran, then we don't take them. The recently discovered Gospel of Thomas, which is nothing but a list of sayings of Jesus, is even closer to the Islamic concept of Injil. Therefore, it should be kept in mind in discussion with Christians that the Bible has not been changed, but rather the original documents chosen as the word of God were incorrect.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/warning.htm

Proud_Muslim said:
The Noble quran talks about the INJIL that was sent to Jesus, not the current bible which was written by some liars.

You forgot to write quran with a capital although noble got that particular treatment.

PM,

Did the Torah and the Injeel still exist in Mohammed's time, according to the Quran?

Hello Proud Muslim and all :)

I am a Christian. This is the first time i have been on this thread and the original question have been deleted so all i have are the examples given in Proud Muslims 05-18-04 post. I will deal with the first issue. But first i would like to explain to you all that the bible is a book that records the goings on of People. Not plastic perfect people but real peoples with real faults. The bible records the sins of the rulers and people of Isreal.

Judah condemns Tamar to be burned for harlotry, when he himself had been her patron (Gen 38:24).

Ok lets go through the scriptures and see what is recorded of this event.

Genesis 38

Judah and Tamar

Sons of Judah

1 It came to pass at that time that Judah departed from his brothers, and visited a certain Adullamite whose name was Hirah. 2And Judah saw there a daughter of a certain Canaanite whose name was Shua, and he married her and went in to her. 3So she conceived and bore a son, and he called his name Er. 4She conceived again and bore a son, and she called his name Onan. 5And she conceived yet again and bore a son, and called his name Shelah. He was at Chezib when she bore him.

So Judah had 3 sons Er Onan and Shelah. now lets continue

6Then Judah took a wife for Er his firstborn, and her name was Tamar.

So Tamar married Er the oldest son of Judah. now lets continue

7But Er, Judah's firstborn, was wicked in the sight of the LORD, and the LORD killed him. 8And Judah said to Onan, "Go in to your brother's wife and marry her, and raise up an heir to your brother." 9But Onan knew that the heir would not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in to his brother's wife, that he emitted on the ground, lest he should give an heir to his brother. 10And the thing which he did displeased the LORD; therefore He killed him also.

It was the custom that if your brother died and he was married without a son then another brother would marry the widow to produce a son for his dead brother. that is why Judah said to Oran to marry Tamar and make her pregnant. But Oran new that if tamar had a son then that son as the eldest brothers descendant would recieve Judah's inheritance so he used the withdrawal method when having sexual intercourse with Tamar to prevent her becoming pregnant. and for that act God killed him. now lets continue

11Then Judah said to Tamar his daughter-in-law, "Remain a widow in your father's house till my son Shelah is grown." For he said, "Lest he also die like his brothers." And Tamar went and dwelt in her father's house.

Now the only son left for Tamar to have a son by was Shelah but he was young so Judah told Tamar to remain a widow until Shelah grew up. now lets continue

12Now in the process of time the daughter of Shua, Judah's wife, died; and Judah was comforted, and went up to his sheepshearers at Timnah, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite. 13And it was told Tamar, saying, "Look, your father-in-law is going up to Timnah to shear his sheep." 14So she took off her widow's garments, covered herself with a veil and wrapped herself, and sat in an open place which was on the way to Timnah; for she saw that Shelah was grown, and she was not given to him as a wife.

Judah had not kept His promise to Tamar to give her Selah to have a baby with to provide a son to inherit Judahs wealth so she devised a plan to trick Judah into doing the deed himself. now lets continue

15When Judah saw her, he thought she was a harlot, because she had covered her face. 16Then he turned to her by the way, and said, "Please let me come in to you"; for he did not know that she was his daughter-in-law.
So she said, "What will you give me, that you may come in to me?"
17And he said, "I will send a young goat from the flock."
So she said, "Will you give me a pledge till you send it?|"
18Then he said, "What pledge shall I give you?"
So she said, "Your signet and cord, and your staff that is in your hand." Then he gave them to her, and went in to her, and she conceived by him. 19So she arose and went away, and laid aside her veil and put on the garments of her widowhood.

Now of course Tanar was not interested in getting a goat but she did have her father in laws signet, cord and staff identifiable items that she would use later. Now lets continue

20And Judah sent the young goat by the hand of his friend the Adullamite, to receive his pledge from the woman's hand, but he did not find her. 21Then he asked the men of that place, saying, "Where is the harlot who was openly by the roadside?"
And they said, "There was no harlot in this place."
22So he returned to Judah and said, "I cannot find her. Also, the men of the place said there was no harlot in this place."
23Then Judah said, "Let her take them for herself, lest we be shamed; for I sent this young goat and you have not found her."
24And it came to pass, about three months after, that Judah was told, saying, "Tamar your daughter-in-law has played the harlot; furthermore she is with child by harlotry."
So Judah said, "Bring her out and let her be burned!"

Now Judah still did not know that he had had sexual intercourse with Tamar he though he had had sex with a harlot who took His signet cord and staff as payment. So He said "Bring her out and let her be burned!" for punishment. now lets continue.

25When she was brought out, she sent to her father-in-law, saying, "By the man to whom these belong, I am with child." And she said, "Please determine whose these are--the signet and cord, and staff."
26So Judah acknowledged them and said, "She has been more righteous than I, because I did not give her to Shelah my son." And he never knew her again.

So Judah acknowledge his sin and that even though what Tamar had done was wrong she was more righteous that himself. Both Judah and Tamar sinned because they where humans but Judah revealed himself to all as a hypocrite and was shamed for it even more.

All Praise The Ancient of Days

Jenyar said:
PM,

Did the Torah and the Injeel still exist in Mohammed's time, according to the Quran?

No, they did not, only little remain of them during the life of prophet muhammad (pbuh ).

You can have all the secrets in the world, all the wisdom, all the knowledge. You can know every piece of scripture inside and out.
It really isnt anything if you have no love in your heart. You will still be an empty vessel no matter who you are and what you believe in.

No, they did not, only little remain of them during the life of prophet muhammad (pbuh )
Then why did he refer Christians to them in the present tense?
Let the people of the Gospel judge by that which God hath revealed therein. Whoso judgeth not by what God hath revealed; such are evil-livers. (5:47)

If you doubt what We have revealed to you, ask those who have read the Scriptures before you.
The truth has come to you from your Lord; therefore, do not doubt it." (10:94)
Why would he say that if they didn't have anything trustworthy to refer to?

Jenyar said:
Then why did he refer Christians to them in the present tense?
Let the people of the Gospel judge by that which God hath revealed therein. Whoso judgeth not by what God hath revealed; such are evil-livers. (5:47)

If you doubt what We have revealed to you, ask those who have read the Scriptures before you.
The truth has come to you from your Lord; therefore, do not doubt it." (10:94)
Why would he say that if they didn't have anything trustworthy to refer to?
'
First 5:47 is talking about the INJIL , the holy book revealed to Jesus (pbuh ) not to the bible.

As to 10:94, this is what the verse says:

http://www.ummah.net/what-is-islam/quran/noble/nobe010.htm

''So if you (O Muhammad SAW) are in doubt concerning that which We have revealed unto you, [i.e. that your name is written in the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] then ask those who are reading the Book [the Taurât (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] before you. Verily, the truth has come to you from your Lord. So be not of those who doubt (it)''

It is about the fact that prophet muhammad (pbuh ) was foretold in the Injil and the Torah and as I said, some of this Injil and Torah survived corruption and can be found in the current Bible and Torah.

Back