How Peaceful Is Christianity?

Adstar said:
Your not interested in listening. Your mind is set against the Will of God.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

And your brain is set against reason and logic.
As is the case with most (if not all ) christian fundamentalists.

It's the extreme baptists I am opposed to...They picket the funerals of gay people saying "HE DESERVED TO DIE" and "GOD HATES FAGS AND DYKES"

As a peace loving lesbian, I am just over all of this bullshit and hate inciting evil. Did you know they were going to picket at the funerals of those little girls the other day (the Amish ones who were executed) for their own selfish reasons - picketting to assert the right to picket at funerals...

Fucked up bastards.

Originally Posted by Adstar
There is the Law and then there is the carrying out of punishment for the breaking of the Law. These are two different things SetiAlpha6. The Law is still right but the carrying out of the punishment of the Law is removed from us into the hands of God...

'This is possible if you have Christ in your heart'

In what's being called a stunning example of "the imitation of Christ," the Amish community devastated by the cold-blooded murder of five of its schoolgirls is raising money for the killer's family.

Amish residents of rural Lancaster County, Pa., have started a charity fund to help not only the victims' families – but also the mass-murderer's widow and children, reports the New York Times today. The killer, Charles Carl Roberts IV, 32, committed suicide at the end of Monday's attack, in which he shot 10 girls. Five of them, aged 7 to 13, died.

Dwight Lefever, a spokesman for the Roberts family, said an Amish neighbor comforted the killer's family and extended forgiveness to them after the shooting, the Associated Press reports.

Explaining the Amish way, Gertrude Huntington, an expert on children in Amish society, told the AP that Roberts' Amish neighbors would probably be very supportive of the killer and his wife, "because judgment is in God's hands: 'Judge not, that ye be not judged.'"

Matthew 7
1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Luke 18
1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Reacting to the Amish outpouring of support for the killer's family, columnist Rod Dreher writes: "Yesterday on NBC News, I saw an Amish midwife who had helped birth several of the girls murdered by the killer say that they were planning to take food over to his family's house. She said – and I paraphrase closely – "This is possible if you have Christ in your heart."

And Journalist Tom Shachtman, who wrote a book on Amish culture called "Rumspringa: To Be or Not to Be Amish," told the New York Times: "This is imitation of Christ at its most naked. If anybody is going to turn the other cheek in our society, it's going to be the Amish."

Matthew 5
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

He said, "I don’t want to denigrate anybody else who says they're imitating Christ, but the Amish walk the walk as much as they talk the talk."

Added Huntington, "They know their children are going to heaven. They know their children are innocent ... and they know that they will join them in death. The hurt is very great," she told the Associated Press. "But they don't balance the hurt with hate."

:D

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

baumgarten said:
No. A belief system is what causes a person's behavior, not the person.
Of course. So, if an atheist acts like a dick, then atheism causes people to act like dicks?

baumgarten said:
No. A belief system is what causes a person's behavior, not the person.

Bullshit.
People justify their behavior with belief systems. A wolf can explain a thousand ways why he eats lambs, but he still eats lambs.

Jaster Mereel said:
Of course. So, if an atheist acts like a dick, then atheism causes people to act like dicks?

Or if a Catholic likes dick, Catholicism caused him to like dick?

Roman said:
People justify their behavior with belief systems

I think so too, since the same behaviour can be observed across several belief systems.

Roman said:
Bullshit.
People justify their behavior with belief systems. A wolf can explain a thousand ways why he eats lambs, but he still eats lambs.
But wolves don't have memes like Christianity to multiply among their ranks and cause them to do things they normally wouldn't do.

For example, animals don't believe in God. Animals never kill each other. Therefore if they believed in God, they would commit terrible atrocities like Hitler did in the name of Jesus Christ.

baumgarten said:
But wolves don't have memes like Christianity to multiply among their ranks and cause them to do things they normally wouldn't do.

For example, animals don't believe in God. Animals never kill each other. Therefore if they believed in God, they would commit terrible atrocities like Hitler did in the name of Jesus Christ.
What are you talking about? Animals kill each other all the time...

baumgarten said:

Actually, memes exist in higher vertabrates. For instance, the behavior of elephant groups differs, or that of troops of apes or pods of dolphins.

Animals kill each other frequently. Male baboons kill the offspring of other male baboons when they ascend to alpha-status. Brown bears and grizzlies will kill the cubs of other males if the opportunity arises.

Mao and Stalin killed a lot of people. They didn't believe in God.
Genghis Kahn kiled a lot of people because he could.
Napoleon was a straight up gangsta, and he killed a bunch of people.

baumgarten said:

Animals do kill each other, some for no obvious reasons at all.

As E.O Wilson says, "I suspect that if hamadryas baboons had nuclear weapons they would destroy the world in a week".

Roman said:
Actually, memes exist in higher vertabrates. For instance, the behavior of elephant groups differs, or that of troops of apes or pods of dolphins.
Then there is no reason why they couldn't have delusions of God, either.

Animals kill each other frequently. Male baboons kill the offspring of other male baboons when they ascend to alpha-status. Brown bears and grizzlies will kill the cubs of other males if the opportunity arises.
See above.

Mao and Stalin killed a lot of people. They didn't believe in God.
If they felt compelled to kill, then they were probably Closet Theists who needed to indiscreetly vindicate their faith. Many powerful humans have been afflicted by diseases of the mind.

Genghis Kahn kiled a lot of people because he could.
"As there is one God in heaven, so should there be one king on earth." -- Genghis Khan

Clearly a Christian!

Napoleon was a straight up gangsta, and he killed a bunch of people.
Napoleon was motivated by his desire to be like God, an archetypal urge symptomatic of theism and found only among the deluded.

Adstar said:
Matthew 7
1 “Judge not, that you be not judged. 2 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.

Luke 18
1 Then He spoke a parable to them, that men always ought to pray and not lose heart, 2 saying: “There was in a certain city a judge who did not fear God nor regard man. 3 Now there was a widow in that city; and she came to him, saying, ‘Get justice for me from my adversary.’ 4 And he would not for a while; but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I do not fear God nor regard man, 5 yet because this widow troubles me I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”
6 Then the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge said. 7 And shall God not avenge His own elect who cry out day and night to Him, though He bears long with them? 8 I tell you that He will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?”

Matthew 5
39 But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also.

More Contradictions:

1 Corinthians 6:2-3
2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life?

1 Corinthians 5:11-13
11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”[a]

John 7:23-25
23 If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath? 24 Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.”

Please make up your mind! To judge or not to judge that is the question? I am really glad you never judge anyone Adstar! (sarcasm) Shall I post some examples here? Perhaps you should become Amish yourself. But then you would have to give up your evil computer and your evil car, etc.

Peace!

Back