How do you love Jesus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Jesus men just followed God. That was all they had. And that was awesome. But God wanted more for us so he sent us Jesus. And since Jesus, no one can come to the Father without accepting Him.

Makes sense. I also wanted to ask you about eternal security. If someone is baptized in water and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior at one point in their life, does this secure them a position in heaven for eternity even if they become sinful atheists and later on reject Jesus?

In other words, can people become "unsaved" after becoming "saved"?

Good question. I don't think anyone was truly saved if they later reject Jesus. Because once you do, and get a taste of that glory, you don't want to leave Him. He becomes more than life and breath to you. He becomes your reason for living. You want to please/serve Him more than anything else.

If someone does choose to leave Christ they have lost their place in Heaven with Him. Heaven is only for His kids. (And for Jews who devoutly follow God, I think. I'm not so clear on the whole God/Jew/Heaven thing.)

People sin after they are saved. They are not perfect. Just redeemed/ sanctified/justified.:)

haha, good one sandy. aye, Jesus was a jew. But was there christianity back then? Anyways, I love jesus by living in his name, by doing things he would be proud of. Just because I can't see him doesnt mean I don't love him. I can love him because of the connection I have with him. It cannot be severed. I guess you could kind of equate it to two blind people who love eachother.

That's good Pos. And I should note we can be cool Christians who are not all freaky-deaky weirded out radical offensive people like the Westboro nuts. Or way too "good and spiritual" to ever reach anyone.:)

I believe in Jesus, and I accept the Christ as our saviour, being in our inner most selfs, the essence of God.
But as I believe in Jesus, I don´t believe in discrimination, or separation, we are all the same and one together (humans), so I don´t think Christians are entirely right.

Just by calling yourself a Christian, you are separating yourself from the "other people", whom I believe, have the better chance of "going to heaven" because they don´t follow a belief system; but what they follow is most truly beneath their hearts, like Jesus himself.

Not true. Only Christians (and Jews?) go to Heaven. Those who don't accept Him don't go. It's HIS place for HIS kids. Satan's kids go somewhere else. Much hotter. And not in a good way.

Not true. Only Christians (and Jews?) go to Heaven.

I´m not Christian, and I´m not a Jew. My religion is called Kindness (quoting the Dalai Lama), I don´t believe in religions made by men, I don´t believe in temples made because of the greed of men, and I don´t believe in priests named by men.

But I believe in loving all living creatures, althought it is very hard to do.

I guess I´m going to hell, for trying too hard to love.

I gotta message for you miss:
"Only God shall judge you, you are noone to judge who is or who is not going to hell, no human being is capable of doing such an affirmation"

May God bless you my friend

I choose to believe. As far as loving Jesus, I do it with every ounce of who I am. I love Him more than I have ever loved anyone/anything. Words cannot contain my love for Him.:worship:

Hey girl, Jesus might not even know you luv him. :confused: You go to church and pray and sing and kneel and smile all your life but he never speaks back to you. I gave up years ago, maybe befor you were born.
People who stay luving Jesus all their lifes probably have no big life problems, so they dont ever feel he's ignoring them.

Weed may not luv you back, but it does take the pain away.

People who stay luving Jesus all their lifes probably have no big life problems, so they dont ever feel he's ignoring them.

I relate to your thoughts of not-believing, I was raised as a Catholic, and at age 12, against my whole family, I chose not to believe. And there was a time when I lost most my faith... I didn´t know what or what not to believe, it was all blurry.

The thing is, Jesus was the person who was here about 2000 years ago, preaching so we can obtain what he did... Enlightment.

Christ is not a person, or a being, it is God´s essence in all of us. If you have big life problems, it doesn´t mean God forsake you, it only means you were a naughty boy in previous or in this life, and you are paying for your Karma. We all have to face our Karma, as God´s will, and we cannot go against it, but flow with the current...

Weed may not luv you back, but it does take the pain away.

Thats right... feel no pain :m:

legalize it!

I hope this helps you at all, if not, then at least I tried :eek:

God bless you my friend

I´m not Christian, and I´m not a Jew. My religion is called Kindness (quoting the Dalai Lama), I don´t believe in religions made by men, I don´t believe in temples made because of the greed of men, and I don´t believe in priests named by men.

But I believe in loving all living creatures, althought it is very hard to do.

I too reject the dogmatic b/s of religion. I try to follow the "essence" of what Jesus was supposed to represent. It ties in ( the god within concept) of the heart of most religions. The Ancient Egyptians, the Christian Gnostics,Hinduism,etc. I see this at the heart of all these faiths before they tend to get lost in the cultural bias of the people who wrote their scriptures or the outright ignorance of man which most people can see through when faced with the endless contradictions,"my God is better than Yours",and violent and often cruel nature attributed to God.

Christianity as it's known today is more like a Jesus worship cult and you only have to look at the history of the conflict between the Christian Gnostics and the orthodox priesthood to see how it unfolded. Yes, the Empire did side with the Orthodox priesthood in persecuting the Gnostics., and we all know what Empires are about don't we!:rolleyes:
http://www.gnosticchristianity.com/frameset_CH4.htm

http://www.theosophy-nw.org/theosnw/world/christ/xt-oost.htm

For what it's worth, people who have had NDE's tend to confirm this core "god within" concept. A God for all life across the universe, since everything is part of the totality of God, not just a certain select few. Problem is , I see so many religous people who claim to be "Jesus -like" but they would rather stick with a belief system that divides and separates humanity ( due to their ignorance) rather than unite it!

I see so many religous people who claim to be "Jesus -like" but they would rather stick with a belief system that divides and separates humanity ( due to their ignorance) rather than unite it!

True, awareness is the answer.

I want to add:

Most people tend to think is bad if someone calls them ignorant. But, out of their ignorance, they get mad and offended.

We are all born ignorant, and we all have things to learn, that makes us ignorant in some subjects. So in a way, we are all ignorant of something.

I declare myself an ignorant, and I may contradict myself many times. But I promise, I will speak my mind, my current truth.

And with this been said, I say to you: anyone that gives you a belief system is your enemy.

God is omnipresent and all knowing. He knows whether I have good or bad in my heart. Why would He exclude me from Heaven because the writings of Mankind say I must get down with His kid to qualify. It's not like an effing Blue Peter Badge is it!?

Not true. Only Christians (and Jews?) go to Heaven. Those who don't accept Him don't go. It's HIS place for HIS kids. Satan's kids go somewhere else. Much hotter. And not in a good way.
Why do you say this for? You remind me of when Jesus said this:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Mathew: 7:21-23)

“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds ? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food, If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead” (James 2:14-17)

Does Jesus teach people to go out and condemn everyone else? Nope, he teaches the opposite:
"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again" (Matt 7:2)

"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things" (Romans 2:1)

"Judge not, and you shall not be judged, Condem not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive and you shall be forgiven" (Luke 6:37)

Disgusting. You find a man tortured/whipped beyond recognition and then crucified 'hot'? That's beyond horrendous.:(

Jesus said blessed is he who has not seen but believes.:D

I choose to believe. As far as loving Jesus, I do it with every ounce of who I am. I love Him more than I have ever loved anyone/anything. Words cannot contain my love for Him.:worship:

i didnt say those things dilbert, eric cartman did,

ever watch southpark? or is it too fantastic for your christian eyes..

peace.

Why do you say this for? You remind me of when Jesus said this:
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!” (Mathew: 7:21-23)

“What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds ? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food, If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead” (James 2:14-17)

Does Jesus teach people to go out and condemn everyone else? Nope, he teaches the opposite:
"For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again" (Matt 7:2)

"Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things" (Romans 2:1)

"Judge not, and you shall not be judged, Condem not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive and you shall be forgiven" (Luke 6:37)

yes but she is one of many religius folk who only pay lip service to there faith and god.

they dont follow the teachings of the book they claim to follow. jesus doesent promote judgement, racism, prejudice or not accepting other peoples beliefs. but many christians like sandy are ignorant racist and very un-accepting towards other people,

ps, sandy you are but one member of a flock of sheep, but you have no shepard. only guided by your own ignorance. you should actualy try reading the bible for once and practising bieng a good accepting person, instead of spouting crap about non christians not going to heaven.

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back