Homosexuality and the Bible (gay Christian perspective)

Sex is more human and more natural than love .
People do not fall in love with strangers all the time .
People use hookers, strangers.....etc for sex .

Exactly. And having sex with strangers and buying it is also easier than mating or marriage, because there's no associated responsibility.

sex doesn't have anything to do with love. you're supposed to love everyone equally. sex is about mating, and sexuality is romanticized, emotionalized bullshit.
It feels great too - when done properly can be a great exercise and stress release.

I thought this one was shocking:
MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

I think the article makes some very valid points. However, I can't but help think, look, this God fellow that the Jews worship is really an asshole. Better to go with a Greek God or one of the Indian ones.

Adstar,

Do you keep kosher?

I follow the teachings of the Messiah Jesus on food. Through prayer food is made acceptable. I do however abstain from pork and other foods not out of religious rasion but for reasons of health.

If you found out your wife was not a virgin before you met her, would you stone her to death?

No. I am a Christian.

If you found out a neighbor had with her husband during her period, would you execute both of them? Should they be executed?

No. I am a Christian.

If your neighbor cheated on her husband with your other neighbor, would you kill both of them? Should they be killed?

No. I am a Christian.

Do you beat your wife with a stick when she disobeys you? Should a man be allowed to beat his wife with a stick when she disobeys him?

No. I am a Christian. And i am not sure where in the Bible it gives an order for the jews to beat their disobedient wives with sticks? Please quote it if you got it.

Do you think we should have laws that align with this?

1,2,3 No. Not written into the laws of the land. But written into the minds of man Yes

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

As a gay man myself and having very thorough knowledge of the Christian bible and teachings, I never could understand how any homosexual can hold faith in a belief system that condemns them. I think it's ignorant, hypocritical and self-destructive behavior.

Yes. Here is a homosexual unlike the liar who wrote the twisted pamphlet quoted at the opening of this thread who can read the Bible for what it says. Of course the scriptures condemn sexual relations between same sex couples.

Truth is the liar who's pamphlet was quoted does not have any faith in the Bible or the Word of God.

Where in the Bible does it say you can divorce a Non-Christian? Also, you can divorce an adultress if he/she cheats on you during the marriage.

1 Corinthians 7
14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace.

"Whosoever shall put away his wife, except it be for fornication, and shall marry another, committeth adultery: and whoso marrieth her which is put away doth commit adultery" (Matthew 19:9; see also Matthew 5:31, 32).

If a spouse commits fornication, then divorce is allowed, although God still hates it.

It is allowed. Yes.

To reply to the original post, for a while, I was strongly apposed to homosexuality. But, I realized it's hypocritical, I condemn homosexuals, when I am lusting all the time! Although I still think homosexuality is wrong, I, a sinner, cannot condemn another sinner.

I lust all the time too, not sure but probably not a day goes by that i don't lust. But what i am doing here has nothing what so ever to do with Condemnation. It is standing up for the WARNING of CONDEMNATION.

Nothing i say can condemn anyone. I cannot even condemn myself and i know i am a sinner. I give Warning of Condemnation. Only God can Condemn.

It feels great too - when done properly can be a great exercise and stress release.

I thought this one was shocking:
MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

I think the article makes some very valid points. However, I can't but help think, look, this God fellow that the Jews worship is really an asshole. Better to go with a Greek God or one of the Indian ones.

I think i am going to have to deal with this paintent lie before people start to think that this vomit licking dog's assesment of MARK 12:18-27 is actualy true.

Mark 12
18 Then some Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Him; and they asked Him, saying: 19 “Teacher, Moses wrote to us that if a man’s brother dies, and leaves his wife behind, and leaves no children, his brother should take his wife and raise up offspring for his brother. 20 Now there were seven brothers. The first took a wife; and dying, he left no offspring. 21 And the second took her, and he died; nor did he leave any offspring. And the third likewise. 22 So the seven had her and left no offspring. Last of all the woman died also. 23 Therefore, in the resurrection, when they rise, whose wife will she be? For all seven had her as wife.”

So it was a Question put forward by the Sadducees who where using it as an argument against resurrection. Even the scriptures they refered to did not make it a Law that a woman must accept Her husbands brother as her new husband. The original scriptures tells the story of a man who took his dead husbands wife but refused to make her pregnant so that his brothers estate would go to his own offspring

24 Jesus answered and said to them, “Are you not therefore mistaken, because you do not know the Scriptures nor the power of God? 25 For when they rise from the dead, they neither marry nor are given in marriage, but are like angels in heaven.

Originally Posted by Adstar
No. I am a Christian.

No. I am a Christian.

No. I am a Christian.

No. I am a Christian.

Yet you use passages from these same books to condemn homosexual behavior.
I don't see how that doesn't make you a hypocrite.

Your questions where not related to my agreement to or rejection of the Laws your questions where wether i would carry out the punishments that where given for breaking the Laws.

There is a LAW and there is a Consequence for breaking that LAW

My stance on sexual intercourse between same sex couples is the same as my stance in the others you have quoted. I agree that it is sin but i have passed judgement (as Jesus ordered me to do ) onto God and into eternity.

My stance is consistent; your inability to see this does not change a thing.

The Bible is VERY clear on the punishment that is supposed to be followed for such offenses.
Do you generally pick and choose from The Bible what conveniently fits your preferred worldview?

The Bible is VERY clear on the punishment that is supposed to be followed for such offenses.
Do you generally pick and choose from The Bible what conveniently fits your preferred worldview?

What Christian doesn't? Culturally things just don't mesh very well. Like if you rape a virgin you have to either pay her father or marry her, sons must suffer for their father's sins, while the father goes unpunished. Raped in the country only the rapist dies; raped in the city both have to die (she didn't scream loud enough, if she had someone might have saved her, so she dies too). I might be wrong, but I think these rules don't sit easy with most Christians today (if they even know them). When I finally sat down and read the Old Testament all at once instead of a verse here and there, I realized that God was/is a real ass.

Jesus was much nicer and much more reasonable.

What Christian doesn't? Culturally things just don't mesh very well. Like if you rape a virgin you have to either pay her father or marry her, sons must suffer for their father's sins, while the father goes unpunished. Raped in the country only the rapist dies; raped in the city both have to die (she didn't scream loud enough, if she had someone might have saved her, so she dies too). I might be wrong, but I think these rules don't sit easy with most Christians today (if they even know them). When I finally sat down and read the Old Testament all at once instead of a verse here and there, I realized that God was/is a real ass.

Jesus was much nicer and much more reasonable.

The difference between jesus and god is that jesus was human, god is not.

In other words, you don't know. God is undefined. Right?

Does the fact that what I said makes sense count?

I don't think I can know all there is to know, which can make life interesting.

Does the fact that what I said makes sense count?

I don't think I can know all there is to know, which can make life interesting.
If it actually made sense, yes. But it doesn't.

A straight answer please. Is God undefined or not?

Back