He was busy... doing nothing.

So you mean he created this universe over and over again ? Or do you mean that he keeps adding dimensions ?

He made this one, moved on to another dimension, came back and saw that this one sucked, exploded the sun, started over, etc

Oh, my Mom said he was always creating. His days are much much longer than ours. He is still creating, but since his days are so long, we don't see it. We call it evolution.

Oh, my Mom said he was always creating. His days are much much longer than ours. He is still creating, but since his days are so long, we don't see it. We call it evolution.

Well MUCH longer then, infinitely longer ;)
So you do belief in God and evolution ?

Why should he be doing something?

He did something, he made a universe. No one knows why he did it, but he just did it. So, it begs the question of what he did before he made the universe? And how long was it he did whatever it was he was doing before he made it, that is, if he was doing anything at all?

Seems simple enough a question to understand.

He did something, he made a universe. No one knows why he did it, but he just did it. So, it begs the question of what he did before he made the universe? And how long was it he did whatever it was he was doing before he made it, that is, if he was doing anything at all?

Why?

So you mean he created this universe over and over again ? Or do you mean that he keeps adding dimensions?

No, maybe it's like a pinball game to him ...he just enjoys game after game after game ...while drinking mint juleps and smoking cigars.

Why did you even mention "dimensions"? Just curious.

Baron Max

If you can't answer the question, then let someone else. Don't be coy.

Most if not all theists belief God always was.
If that were true what did he do for kicks the eternity before he created the heavens and earth and all that ?? :confused:

Not trying to bash religion here, im just curious as to what believers make of this.

That "eternity" was spent mucking about with "Universe Mk I" and "Universe Mk II"...

U-I:
God creates "superhuman" beings (ie seraphim and cherubim, that sort of thing) sans Free Will.
Boring results... lots of harp-twanging and choirs of angels braying on about "God is Good" and all that rot.
All elements considered of no value. Abandoned in place or obliterated.

U-II:
God creates "superhuman" beings (see above) capable of Free Will.
Mixed results... Lucifer's rebellion.... War of the Angels... all that rot.
Some elements sufficiently interesting to be preserved - a "bright idea" ensues...

Namely - "Universe Mk III"...
God creates human beings bereft of the supernatural capabilities of those in U-I and U-II, but capable of Free Will.
Results as yet unknown. Experiment in progress.

LoL

No, maybe it's like a pinball game to him ...he just enjoys game after game after game ...while drinking mint juleps and smoking cigars.

Why did you even mention "dimensions"? Just curious.

Baron Max

I didnt mention dimensions... Orleander did.
You see, i dont belief in any God, im just wondering what theist make of the question in the OP.
To not get into any fights about the existance of God im for arguments sake temporarily accepting God exists.

Well.. it does seem kinda pointless to sit around doing utterly nothing for eternity. Maybe God is lazy... :D
God could NOT have been sitting around for eternity - for an infinite length of time - and then created the Universe etc.

Why not?
If God exists at point in time X, created the Universe at point in time Y, and there is an infinite amount of time between X and Y - then it is impossible for Y to ever be reached from X.

This suggests three things:
1. Time (as we understand it) is not a valid concept prior to the creation of the Universe; or
2. God only existed for a finite time prior to his creation; or
3. Who cares? We're here and can't prove diddly about what happened before.

Your pick. :)

God could NOT have been sitting around for eternity - for an infinite length of time - and then created the Universe etc.

Why not?
If God exists at point in time X, created the Universe at point in time Y, and there is an infinite amount of time between X and Y - then it is impossible for Y to ever be reached from X.

This suggests three things:
1. Time (as we understand it) is not a valid concept prior to the creation of the Universe; or
2. God only existed for a finite time prior to his creation; or
3. Who cares? We're here and can't prove diddly about what happened before.

Your pick. :)

You can leave out point X because theists belief god ALWAYS was. So i he ALWAYS was he sat around for an infinite amount of time before creating.

1. Then, God mustve been created alongside the universe or after.
2. If God exists this must be true. In my view its impossible for a sentient being to have always been.
3. Well.. yeah i can live with that actually lol

I dont know if the bible actually states God has always been but think of this:

The bible isnt exactly big on time, f.i. a bible-year seems to be quite longer than an earth-year.
So might 'God has always been' just have been an exaggeration to point out God has been for a VERY long time ?

Back