Hate crimes against Muslims in U.S. on rise !

Proud Muslim,

90 percent of American households have either digital, broadband or satellite TV. The majority of American households are online, so much so that the market is now saturated. According to the BBC the US has over 10,000 commercial radio stations, 1,500 daily newspapers (this does not count the massive number of weeklies), 600 public radio stations and the most developed mass media in the world.

Of the top 800 universities in the world, 500 are in the US. According to MemeFirst, an educational ranking organization, 16 of the worlds' top 20 universities are in the US, 19 of the top 20 English speaking universities are in the US.

Hardly the uninformed grunts you try to make us out to be.

well, we have plenty of grunts here in the west but I think your point is valid.

We're no where near perfect but we are so far beyond 90% of muslim countries in the areas you mention, it's almost embarrassing. I'm a little disappointed P_M brought it up at all really because there is nothing to back him up in this case, there are hundreds of legitimate arguments to be made about the west but, as I said earlier, this just isn't one of them.

Oh please !! the majority of Americans dont know where is America on the map !!

Why Americans Fail Geography Class

TRUE STORIES !!

1. A client called in inquiring about a package to Hawaii.
After going over all the cost info, she asked, "would it be
cheaper to fly to California and then take the train to Hawaii?"

2. I got a call from a woman who wanted to go to Capetown.
I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport
information when she interrupted me with "I'm not trying to
make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts."
Without trying to make her look like the stupid one, I calmly
explained, "Cape Cod is in Massachusetts, Capetown is in
South Africa." her response....click.

3. A secretary called in looking for hotel in Los Angeles.
She gave me various names off a list, none of which I could
find I finally had her fax me the list. To my surprise, it
was a list of hotels in New Orleans, Louisiana. She thought
the LA stood for Los Angeles, and that New Orleans was a suburb
of L.A. Worst of all, when I called her back, she
was not even embarrassed.

4. A man called, furious about a Florida package we did.
I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando. He said
he was expecting an ocean-view room. I tried to explain that
is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state.
He replied, "Don't lie to me. I looked on the map and Florida
is a very thin state."

5. I got a call from a man who asked, "is it possible
to see England from Canada?" I said, "No." He said "but they
look so close on the map."

6. A nice lady just called. She needed to know how it was
possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:20am and got
into Chicago at 8:33am. I tried to explain that Michigan was
an hour ahead of Illinois, but she could not understand the
concept of time zones. Finally I told her the plane went very
fast, and she bought that!

7. A woman called and asked, "Do airlines put your physical
description on your bag so they know who's luggage belongs to
who?" I said, "No, why do you ask?" She replied, "Well, when
I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage
that said FAT, and I'm overweight, is there any connection?"
After putting her on hold for a minute while I "looked into
it" ( I was actually laughing) I came back and explained the
city code for Fresno, California is FAT, and that the airline
was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

8. I just got off the phone with a man who asked, "How do I
know which plane to get on?" I asked him what exactly he meant,
which he replied, "I was told my flight number is 823, but none
of these darn planes have numbers on them."

9. A woman called and said, " I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola on
one of those computer planes." I asked if she meant to fly to
Pensacola on a commuter plane. She said, "Yea, whatever."

10. A business man called and had a question about the documents
he needed in order to fly to China. After a lengthy discussion
about passports, I reminded him he needed a visa. "Oh no I don't,
I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those."
I double checked, and sure enough, his stay required a visa.
When I told him this he said, "Look, I've been to China four times
and every time they have accepted my American Express card."

http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/6174/us-geog-fail.htm

I FELL ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING AT HOW DUMB SOME AMERICANS ARE !! :D

Isn't it just amazing then to imagine what it is like in muslim countries with lower literacy rates than the US. How was it PM what made you leave the islamic world for the more peaceful and civilized west? Were your muslim brethren too much to handle? Would it really be good to convert the west to islam so that muslims would have no place to flee to when they are persecuted by their coreligionists? Was your native Syria really such a shithole that it is better to live with nonmuslims?

You will be amazed at the knowledge we have, those of us who are educated ( in syria, they are about 70% ) they know more than the average westerner !

Also, you need to ask yourself why hundreds of thousands of westerners live and work in many muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia ?

My dads bigger than your dad yadee yadee yada.

Im getting a bit despondant now. i was hoping for intellectual discussion.

Proud_Muslim said:
You will be amazed at the knowledge we have, those of us who are educated ( in syria, they are about 70% ) they know more than the average westerner !

Also, you need to ask yourself why hundreds of thousands of westerners live and work in many muslim countries such as Saudi Arabia ?
are you joking? why do you keep doing this to yourself?

those of us who are educated

yes, thats been my point, over and over and over again. MOST AREN'T EDUCATED in most muslim countries! Even if those that are were all geniuses it doesn't change the fact that most die with only the barest or no education.

just because one small country isn't as bad as the others doesn't make it the rule, it's a rare exception and you know it. how many times do I have to repeat that? you never reply.

hundreds of thousands work in many muslim countries

why are millions of muslims from the east working and living here? Come on P_M these points your making are terrible! at least make some observations that you can actually defend!

Sorry for the rant but you keep saying this stuff and when you get direct answers that you can't dispute you change the subject, wait a few days, alter the wording and then ask them all over again.

your argument is like an 800 lbs man calling a 200 lbs man fat, it's total hypocracy.

buffys said:
are you joking? why do you keep doing this to yourself?

are you joking? why do you keep doing this to yourself Mr registered Loser !!

yes, thats been my point, over and over and over again. MOST AREN'T EDUCATED in most muslim countries! Even if those that are were all geniuses it doesn't change the fact that most die with only the barest or no education.

BULLSHIT here are the stats in your face:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-B/edu_dur_of_edu_pri_lev&int=20

why are millions of muslims from the east working and living here? Come on P_M these points your making are terrible! at least make some observations that you can actually defend!

Why are hundreds of thousands from the west working and living in places such as SAUDI ARABIA ?? come on man !! get over it.

your argument is like an 800 lbs man calling a 200 lbs man fat, it's total hypocracy.

Indeed, but the difference is that the 200 ibs man fat is you in this case ! ;)

btw P_M, I checked out your link... why did you post that? a "Map & Graph: Education: Bottom 20 Duration of education - primary level" it shows the BOTTOM 20, N. America isn't even on it and muslim countries are. you're just making my point for me.

So I checked some others statistics at the site you provided:

Map & Graph: Education: Literacy (total population)
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/edu_lit_tot_pop&int=-1

Map & Graph: Education: School enrollment - secondary (net)
http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/edu_sch_enr_sec_net&int=-1

Although it's a great resource every derivation I tried just showed the west is much better educated.

Indeed Buffy,

He gave a really strange link to prove anything. He gave a link on how long the duration of primary education is in a country. Which apparently varies a lot: from 4-8 years.

And of course has nothing to do with quality of education.

Yeah I agree, come on, PM, argue anything BUT the education and the literacy rates between the general Middle East and Canada & USA, it's a dead-end, I am not even kidding.
Most people I know working in Saudi Arabia or other countries in the Middle East are there because of their oil, not because that the people are smarter there. the Middle East has a lot of rich natural resources, I have to admit.
and yeah come on PM, you just gotta admit, the scientific development and research occurred predominantly in North America and Europe for the past century. All important landmarks in the history of science are mostly set by Europeans and Americans. For example, theories of relativity, theory of evolution, genetic engineering, biotechnology, robotics, vaccination, etc. etc. etc. Inventions include refrigerators, TV, radio, computers, microwave... you get the idea
Peace

buffys said:
btw P_M, I checked out your link... why did you post that? a "Map & Graph: Education: Bottom 20 Duration of education - primary level" it shows the BOTTOM 20, N. America isn't even on it and muslim countries are. you're just making my point for me.

Nah !! you said most muslim countries are illetrate so I posted the link for you to refute your claim and it was refuted.

So I checked some others statistics at the site you provided:

Although it's a great resource every derivation I tried just showed the west is much better educated.

No one disputed the fact that the west is better educated, I am disputing the fact that Muslim nations are the least educated, perhaps you should look at RAPE STATESTICS, the WEST IS FRONT RUNNER !! :rolleyes:

Map & Graph: Crime: Rapes (per capita) (Top 100 Countries)

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-T/cri_rap_cap

Proud_Muslim said:

No need to ask myself that I know that people take well paid jobs when they find them sometimes even overseas. It stems from a lack of skilled or unskilled labor in the host countries.
You do know the difference between an employee (imported skilled or unskilled labor) and a refugee (a political or economic fugitive from their homeland) right. I doubt there are any westerners seeking refuge in muslim countries while there are literally millions of muslims fleeing muslim lands

Proud_Muslim said:
Nah !! you said most muslim countries are illetrate so I posted the link for you to refute your claim and it was refuted.

I think you are lacking some basic skills that should have been tought during primary education. Your link gave a stat on the duration of primary education. This is not related to literacy. Strangely enough the link you give does have an option to show literacy.

Let us now look at the bottom 100 of literacy. I can translate that for you. Those are the countries that have the most illiterate people.

Here is the link

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph-B/edu_lit_tot_pop

now look at the map and the country list. Did you notice that many (dare I say most) arab and muslim nations are represented on this list but no western countries?

Proud_Muslim,

I see you have forgotten our previous discussion of rape statistics. How poor your memory is these days.

How are those answers to my questions coming along? Are you making any progress, or do you give up?

Back