Hate crimes against Muslims in U.S. on rise !

oh ya your just ooz'n with love. listen, I've read your posts, check a sampling of mine.

I'm the hater, that's funny.

Your blame game is a lame cop out.
Our illiteracy rates what is 99% too low for you?

You should be ashamed of having illetracy rates in the first place ! but oh well. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you did not answer my question Mr.Vienna , how can we muslims counter hate like your hate ?

Proud_Muslim said:
You should be ashamed of having illetracy rates in the first place ! but oh well. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you did not answer my question Mr.Vienna , how can we muslims counter hate like your hate ?
99% is basically fully literate, there will always be some people who for whatever reason are illiterate that is the 1%

buffys

but ALL the western media completly censor everything out and do not show 99% of the pics that the journilists take.

the jazerah stataions in Afghanistan that showed pics of Afghaistan bomb victims (uncensored pics), got bombed, and America ordered the "Northern Alliance" to torture them

bombing pics in Afganistan (disturbing pics)
http://www.robert-fisk.com/pictures_civilian_casualities.htm

after stations continued to show these pics, they were bombed by the US and its workers were tortured.
http://www.robert-fisk.com/pictures_murder_arabs.htm

is western media bias? of course they are, I said that in my post. Is Aljazeera bias? of course, Afghani bomb victims works for their particular bias so it's hardly surprising that they showed them. Besides, as your links underline, most in the west have internet access (if not in their homes in libraries, cafes, at work, etc.). So even "censored" information is easily accessible in the west.

As I said, you can make thousands of legitimate complaints about the US, just not about access to information or education. At least not in comparison to muslim countries.

buffys said:
As I said, you can make thousands of legitimate complaints about the US, just not about access to information or education. At least not in comparison to muslim countries.

That is not true, As I said, some muslim countries have more access to information than the avarge American...I mean, come on, nearly 80% of the americans never left America in their lives !!

PM, though I think that many Americans are too parochial, and not nearly as informed about world affairs as they ought to be, there are some good reasons for most not leaving the US.

The first is money. There are many of us who simply don't have the cash to go globe trotting.

And you need to remember the size of the US. If you include Alaska and Hawaii, you can experience virtually every sort of climate and terrain just by exploring the US. And you still have the comfort of a shared language, currency, culture, and familiar bathroom facilities.

Combine that with the hostility to Americans now found all over the world, (my cousin has made numerous trips to Finland, and she told me it is almost universal) thanks to our present Whitehouse nutjob, and you can understand why a trip to see the Pyramids of Egypt might be passed over to go and see Mt. Rushmore instead.

Hey PM, I wouldn't worry about all those reports about hate crimes and violence against Muslims - they're all faked. It really never happened.

Proud_Muslim said:
You should be ashamed of having illetracy rates in the first place ! but oh well.

The people of the Middle East are generally far poorer and far more ignorant than those of the West.

You should be ashamed.

to me it's like a teacher with an 80% failure rate admonishing another teacher with a 20% failure rate for doing a bad job. Or as my grandma used to say, it's a case of "the pot calling the kettle black".

can some american explain this sentence for me ( the pot calling the kettle black ) what does it mean ?

it's just an old saying. Back in the old days pots would blacken with use on the stove (from the repeated heating), kettles would also blacken somewhat but to a far lesser degree. So the pot ends up much darker (burnt essentially) than the kettle. The kettle does become a little black but not nearly as much as the pot, thus the saying.

The saying "the pot calling the kettle black" just underlines the hypocracy of people condemning something that they themselves do worse.

Proud_Muslim said:
can some american explain this sentence for me ( the pot calling the kettle black ) what does it mean ?
look in the mirror

buffys said:
it's just an old saying. Back in the old days pots would blacken with use on the stove (from the repeated heating), kettles would also blacken somewhat but to a far lesser degree. So the pot ends up much darker (burnt essentially) than the kettle. The kettle does become a little black but not nearly as much as the pot, thus the saying.

The saying "the pot calling the kettle black" just underlines the hypocracy of people condemning something that they themselves do worse.

Thank you very much for explaning what the phrase means.

Back