Getting Tired of Fundamentalists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't think this was a debate at all, just more or less expressing my views and recent experiences.

So why is it ok for an actor, athlete, businessman etc to be rich, but not for a man who devotes his life to God? God wants us prosperous, not a bunch of losers. The more you make, the more you can donate to getting people saved. It's a wonderful life! :yay:

So why is it ok for an actor, athlete, businessman etc to be rich, but not for a man who devotes his life to God?
Because "its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God." -Jesus (Matthew 19:24)

So why is it ok for an actor, athlete, businessman etc to be rich, but not for a man who devotes his life to God? God wants us prosperous, not a bunch of losers. The more you make, the more you can donate to getting people saved. It's a wonderful life! :yay:

I agree, money is not the root of evil, the love of money is, its like Ayn Rand says "So you say money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked yourself what is root of all money?"

There's no reason you can't be rich and devote your life to God, in fact the richer one will be able to help more people and benefit many in our society today (though in the past it might have been different)

Because "its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter heaven." -Jesus

Jesus was referring to the attachment the rich man had on his possessions, the rich man did want to renounce the world and come with Jesus

For a rich man who is attached to his possessions, it's just what Jesus says

Last edited:
Just don't be surprised when you're left behind.:eek::(

I am guessing God does not follow the US defence force belief of 'leave no man behind' then?

JamesR said:
But God doesn't want babies, it seems. According to the billboard:
No James. The babies need to grow up and "be saved" before they are wanted by God.:p

vital said:
For a rich man who is attached to his possessions, it's just what Jesus says
And the odds of a rich man not being attached to his possessions are pretty small. That's why Jesus said that about the camel and the needle's eye. He also warned: "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust corrupt, where thieves break in and steal - - - - because where your treasure is, there will your heart be also."

He was right about that, IMHO. A rich man will be attached to his possessions.

There is nothing in the Bible more strongly questioned than the accumulation of wealth - especially through interest on money. I've never been able to figure out how a Biblical literalist can even have a savings account, let alone own a bank.

And one has to wonder about someone becoming rich through "devoting their life to God" - how did that happen? Skimming a bit extra off the collection plate, would be the first guess.

Fundies just don't make sense in what they say. They make a little more sense in waht they do, though.

We're not going after babies. We're going after their nuke facility(-ies). They'll be warned just like Iraq was.

Found this... it was a letter to some Evangelist Group.

"You are really convinced that you've got all the answers. You've really got yourself tricked into believing that you're 100% right. Well, let me tell you just one thing. Do you consider yourself to be compassionate of other humans? If you're right, as you say you are, and you believe that, then how can you sleep at night? When you speak with me, you are speaking with someone who you believe is walking directly into eternal damnation, into an endless onslaught of horrendous pain which your 'loving' god created, yet you stand by and do nothing.

If you believed one bit that thousands every day were falling into an eternal and unchangeable fate, you should be running the streets mad with rage at their blindness. That's equivalent to standing on a street corner and watching every person that passes you walk blindly directly into the path of a bus and die, yet you stand idly by and do nothing. You're just twiddling your thumbs, happy in the knowledge that one day that 'walk' signal will shine your way across the road.

Think about it. Imagine the horrors Hell must have in store if the Bible is true. You're just going to allow that to happen and not care about saving anyone but yourself? If you're right then you're an uncaring, unemotional and purely selfish (expletive) that has no right to talk about subjects such as love and caring."

He states a good point when he highlights the ironies of a how they say they have unconditional love for others yet are quick to hate.

We're not going after babies. We're going after their nuke facility(-ies). They'll be warned just like Iraq was.
So the dead babies, and juveniles, and teenagers, and innocent civilians will merely be an unforunate side effect of the US protecting its own citizens. Is that your position?

Just reminds me of an old quote....

Gods dont kill people. People with Gods kill people.​

:roflmao:

apocalypsepowers-activate.jpg

In India, Christian orgs lay near temples for "prey" who had come to pray and try to brainwash people coming out of the temples, with pamphlets, bibles and freebies.
And they don't do this near mosques or they will need the saviour right away.

One last quote that fits perfectly with this topic...

God is either cruel or incompetent. - Woody Allen​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back