Getting a prostitute for your son. Acceptable or no?

Is it acceptable for a father to get his son a prostitute?

• Yes

Votes: 14 37.8%
  • No

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 13.5%

• Total voters
I guess. It's all how we define words in the ending. All I know is that for me, I would never want to separate love from sex. I can handle having a platonic friendship, but not sex without the friendship. By the way, if that's really your picture in the icon, you're beautiful :shy:

sex sin't allways about love, some people use sex to control,

i dont see what all the fuss is about prostitutes, so yeah i would buy my son one for his birthday, its better for him to have sex for the first time with a person who wouldn't make the wole expierience rotten for him.

And who would be better than momma?

Come on people, It's your parents here.

Doesn't some aspect of this strike you as cheesy? Or at the very least, undermining?

When I was a lad, all we wanted was a pet hamster.
Or a red toy fire engine.
Now kids are asking for prostitutes.

Where will it end?

Last edited:
scott3x said:
I guess. It's all how we define words in the ending. All I know is that for me, I would never want to separate love from sex. I can handle having a platonic friendship, but not sex without the friendship. By the way, if that's really your picture in the icon, you're beautiful

sex isn't allways about love, some people use sex to control

I agree; I tend to move away from sexual relationships that appear to have that element ;)

Come on people, It's your parents here.

Doesn't some aspect of this strike you as cheesy? Or at the very least, undermining?

You mean it would undermine the kids' moral values? If that's your argument, I don't really buy it. Personally, however, I've been thinking of the 'weakest link' here. It's a dual weak link really.

This is my experience, mileage may vary.

1- A prostitute only becomes necessary when the young adult in question simply can't form meaningful enough relationships to manage it without having to pay for it.

2- As I have mentioned before, I would never want my (hypothetical) daughter or son to become a prostitute. I know that some prostitutes say they like their walk of life, but as someone here said, that may be because the alternative is flipping burgers at McDonalds. If they had more choices, I doubt they'd remain in that profession. Now it's true that even a poor family could afford a prostitute once, and if it's poor with poor, then that's one thing. But if it's middle/upper class with poor, then we have another dynamic working itself- the issue of money.

This can, ofcourse, end cinderella style; young adult meets prostitute, falls in love, wedding or what not. However, this frequently doesn't happen. I remember midnight talking about having sex without making a friendship; in her case, she does it because she feels it's good in itself. She also says that friendships gone bad can hurt and so that sometimes it's best not to get those emotions involved. I assume prostitutes due the same with their clients in general; however, because of the money issue, they may take clients even if it doesn't feel good. This is when the sex truly becomes a grinding job. Ideally, prostitutes aren't obligated to be with anyone; nor do they have to see someone again. I know, ofcourse, that due to pimps and other factors, this isn't always the case. Which, in my view, only makes it more important that prostitution become more legalized and thus prostitutes have more protections under the law.

Anyway, I personally would even want prostitutes to be emotionally involved. Yes, even if it's a 1 night stand. Ironically enough, even Midnight's thing about 'not having a friendship' is dicey.. If I were to find someone like Midnight who wanted to 'do it' and not have a friendship, there is only one possible way it could work and it's one I wouldn't want; since I'm simply not attracted to someone I don't feel emotion towards, I, atleast, would have to be emotionally involved. And I seriously doubt it'd be good for my emotional health for that not to be reciprocal; even in a 1 night stand.

You mean it would undermine the kids' moral values? If that's your argument, I don't really buy it. Personally, however, I've been thinking of the 'weakest link' here. It's a dual weak link really.

This is my experience, mileage may vary.

1- A prostitute only becomes necessary when the young adult in question simply can't form meaningful enough relationships to manage it without having to pay for it.
I think you need to do some more observation/experiencing.
Quite a few young adults do not WANT a meaningful relationship, and contrary to what Lady Cat is saying, it's much harder to find a woman who is up for a fling. Unless, Catherine, you are implying that all it takes for a guy to have a fling with one of you or your friends is for them to come up to you, say hi and ask you if you want to have sex. You're telling me that it's that simple? I doubt it.

2- As I have mentioned before, I would never want my (hypothetical) daughter or son to become a prostitute. I know that some prostitutes say they like their walk of life, but as someone here said, that may be because the alternative is flipping burgers at McDonalds. If they had more choices, I doubt they'd remain in that profession. Now it's true that even a poor family could afford a prostitute once, and if it's poor with poor, then that's one thing. But if it's middle/upper class with poor, then we have another dynamic working itself- the issue of money.
Most parents wouldnt' want to see their child grow up to be a prostitute, But then again there are parents who don't care, and what if that person had no 'rents or guardians to steer them in the right direction?

i dont see what all the fuss is about prostitutes, so yeah i would buy my son one for his birthday, its better for him to have sex for the first time with a person who wouldn't make the wole expierience rotten for him.

What are the odds of a man's first time being rotten for him? :bugeye:
Guys, how often is sex rotten for you?

Luci, do you think your son would be appreciative or offended?

Have you been sippin' on the bottle of Ignorance?
What's your freakin problem anyway?
I've never had a hooker. I've never, during any post in this thread stated that I've had one. I've made plenty of speculative and hypothetical statements, but nothing stating anything I've done.
I see no problem with it.
Just as TimeTraveler mentions, if the boy wants some no strings attached that seems like a pretty good idea.

you said you would have no problem with your Dad getting you a hooker. Right?
So you would have no problem having sex with someone who is paid to pretend she likes you and like shaving sex with you.
I don't think I'm the one with the problem.

...Quite a few young adults do not WANT a meaningful relationship, and contrary to what Lady Cat is saying, it's much harder to find a woman who is up for a fling. Unless, Catherine, you are implying that all it takes for a guy to have a fling with one of you or your friends is for them to come up to you, say hi and ask you if you want to have sex. You're telling me that it's that simple? I doubt it.....

No, I think most young adults want a meaningful relationship.
I just think most young adults are raised to only think of themselves and don't know how to have one.

What are the odds of a man's first time being rotten for him? :bugeye:
Guys, how often is sex rotten for you?

Well there was that time I dug up the body at the graveyard, that time was pretty.......

awesome like the rest.

you said you would have no problem with your Dad getting you a hooker. Right?
So you would have no problem having sex with someone who is paid to pretend she likes you and like shaving sex with you.
I don't think I'm the one with the problem.
What is 'shaving sex'? Is that some new kinky stuff?

As far as having a problem with that, not in the least.
Anyone who is paying a hooker or having someone pay a hooker to have sex with them, is probably not the least bit concerned about the hooker pretending she likes them. The sex isn't for her benefit (other than monetarily) anyway.
How do you not understand that?

I just think most young adults are raised to only think of themselves and don't know how to have one.
Young adults being raised to be in a meaningful relationship and occasionally wanting some no strings attached sex are two very different things.
Let me clear this up. I would have no problem being in a meaningful, exclusive relationship with a woman if I found a compatible one. But that mentality does not prevent me from exercising my right to go have some meaningless sex* here and there if I wanted to.

*if the situation permitted. Naturally if I was in a committed relationship, I wouldn't be doing stuff like that.

Once again Orly, your cluelessness has allowed you to totally misjudge my mentality/stance on things.

mikenostic said:
...Quite a few young adults do not WANT a meaningful relationship, and contrary to what Lady Cat is saying, it's much harder to find a woman who is up for a fling. Unless, Catherine, you are implying that all it takes for a guy to have a fling with one of you or your friends is for them to come up to you, say hi and ask you if you want to have sex. You're telling me that it's that simple? I doubt it.....

I'm not sure if it's because they only think of themselves. Maybe. All I know is that I have always wanted meaningful relationships and don't really see the point in having anything but that; the first time thing was just that, a first time thing. I think it boosted my confidence to some degree but it also reinforced just how important it is to do it with someone where you know (or are atleast fairly sure) that their primary reason for doing it isn't only the 'reward' of big bills or atleast financial security immediately after or when the 'knot' is tied. But then, drugs never interested me either, something a lot of adolescents want as well.

lucifers angel said:
sex isn't allways about love, some people use sex to control.

Yeah, almost always done by women. I don't know any men who say "if you don't do this or that, I won't have sex with you" Its a control game some women play. Its immature and sad.

I've heard it argued differently and I agree. It doesn't have to be put so bluntly, but this therapist said that it's ok to use sex as a means for leverage. I definitely agree but with one caveat. Let me explain:
if you have a serious enough disagreement with a partner that isn't resolved, you can withhold sex. I'm a guy, but I've done this and my ex girlfriend did it as well. The caveat is that this should never be used for some petty detail; only something serious. The reason for this is that if the issue isn't resolved (and thus, if you're the type of person who sticks to their guns as I generally do), this would frequently mean the break up of a relationship as a sexless relationship isn't something I personally would want to go through.

...As far as having a problem with that, not in the least.
Anyone who is paying a hooker or having someone pay a hooker to have sex with them, is probably not the least bit concerned about the hooker pretending she likes them. The sex isn't for her benefit (other than monetarily) anyway.
How do you not understand that?

Yeah, no man is thrilled when a hooker tells him he is the biggest and the best she ever had :rolleyes: And I do understand it. I understand there are men out there who like it that way. Charlie Sheen comes to mind. Its not that he doesn't want a relationship, its the fact that he isn't capable. Its all about him.
Do you think his Dad bought him hookers?

Young adults being raised to be in a meaningful relationship and occasionally wanting some no strings attached sex are two very different things.
Let me clear this up. I would have no problem being in a meaningful, exclusive relationship with a woman if I found a compatible one. But that mentality does not prevent me from exercising my right to go have some meaningless sex* here and there if I wanted to.

She's a lucky girl, lucky lucky her. What do you think she would say about being in this exclusive relationship while you exercised your right to have meaningless sex here and there (that you had to pay for)? Well, maybe you don't care what she would have to say :shrug:

*if the situation permitted. Naturally if I was in a committed relationship, I wouldn't be doing stuff like that.

(uh-huh)

Once again Orly, your cluelessness has allowed you to totally misjudge my mentality/stance on things.

I don't think I ever mis-judge your mentality. Maybe your stance, but not the mentality.

Sorry I misjudged your stance.

I've heard it argued differently and I agree. It doesn't have to be put so bluntly, but this therapist said that it's ok to use sex as a means for leverage. I definitely agree but with one caveat. Let me explain:
if you have a serious enough disagreement with a partner that isn't resolved, you can withhold sex. I'm a guy, but I've done this and my ex girlfriend did it as well. The caveat is that this should never be used for some petty detail; only something serious. The reason for this is that if the issue isn't resolved (and thus, if you're the type of person who sticks to their guns as I generally do), this would frequently mean the break up of a relationship as a sexless relationship isn't something I personally would want to go through.

To me, not having sex has never been about getting what I want. Its about "you bastard, you hurt my feelings and I'm not feeling very romantic"

scott3x said:

Most parents wouldnt' want to see their child grow up to be a prostitute, But then again there are parents who don't care, and what if that person had no 'rents or guardians to steer them in the right direction?

Agreed. But then a very delicate issue remains for anyone who would like to buy the services of a prostitute; are you taking advantage of a disadvantaged person? In my personal case, the whole thing was (in my view) mitigated by 2 factors:
1- I was the shy one. Keep in mind that this was Mexico, where prostitution is legal in a fair amount of places. The waiter asked me and my friend if we'd like 2 women to come to our table. We were flabbergasted; woman asking -guys- if they could come to their table? I didn't get what was up until he added, 'it's so much for a dance, and so much else for the bedroom' or something like that. That's when it hit me.

So they came. The dance was much cheaper and (in my view) much more emotionally safe. So I told her I'd like to try that. But she persuaded me that what I really wanted was the bedroom. I was getting turned on and the choice of saying no thanks and just leaving had several unnapealing factors. So I said yes. Perhaps some may argue that them doing the persuading is no big deal but if they're doing it to me it suggests that they've got some spirit in them.

2- I think I needed a bit of a confidence booster with women; this is playing the 'i was disadvantaged too' card. I know, I know, she was hired and whatever, but I still believe it helped. As I've said, I kind of felt that paying for it once was enough; there were a few temptations as the years passed by, but I never succumbed and about 10 years later, I finally had sex again with my second girlfriend.

Sorry I misjudged your stance.
The stance and mentality are one in the same.

She's a lucky girl, lucky lucky her. What do you think she would say about being in this exclusive relationship while you exercised your right to have meaningless sex here and there (that you had to pay for)? Well, maybe you don't care what she would have to say
Read the whole post before you make knee-jerk reactions as such.
I'm sorry you lack the mental diversity to see that some people can separate those two when needed.
I'm not sorry that you fail to see that when I say I'm in a committed relationship, I would not do such things, but that's all on you. I think I know me better than you do.
You can have whatever opinion you want about any guy who does like the occasional N-S-A sex, but that's what it is, your opinion; even though it stinks.
My mentality does not result in infringement of anyone's rights, nor does it result in hurt feelings, so you can kiss my ass right in the crack if you don't like it. :D

I understand there are men out there who like it that way. Charlie Sheen comes to mind. Its not that he doesn't want a relationship, its the fact that he isn't capable. Its all about him.
Do you think his Dad bought him hookers?
Considering his dad is Martin Sheen, I would have to go with a yes on that.
And I hope you weren't comparing me to Charlie Sheen.

Back