Genetics Vs Mormonism & Creationism

Marlin said:
WBY, it all comes down to:

Was Joseph Smith a true prophet? or
Was he a false prophet?.
the evidence shows he is a false prophet, look at the BoM, a true work of fiction
I've told you many times how to get a testimony that he was for real. If you won't follow the instructions in Moroni 10:3-5 and if you continue in unbelief, I can't help you. The way is shown for you to get a bona fide testimony within your heart; you need but knock and it will be opened unto you.
why would I want to do that for a work of fiction? I'd rather use a better novel, such as; Diane Duane's "Spock's World", that way I have a better start in my Futurama's "Star Trek" religion
And that is all I have to say at this time. Good luck, and may God show you that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true
God already spoke through the Bible, it states that the LDS is a false church

"If you won't follow the instructions in Moroni 10:3-5 and if you continue in unbelief, I can't help you."

Marlin said:
"If you won't follow the instructions in Moroni 10:3-5 and if you continue in unbelief, I can't help you."
now why would anyone in their right mind want to follow the BoM? it’s just a novel, probably the first fantasy novel written in the US. If I want to believe in a book of God, I'll pick the Bible for Moroni's promise,

let’s try it, you're right, its true, the Bible is true, thank you Marlin, I am no longer an unbeliever

BTW, can you do 2 or 3 religious books under Moroni's promise? I mean, what if a good mormon tried this with lets say, the BoM, the quran & the Popul Vuh? could all 3 be correct, or does one book take precedence? & how would you know which it would be? is there a formula?

I wonder what it's going to be like when you guys find out the BoM is true. If among all the time/space in eternity, I will have opportunity to see your reactions... or what I'll be doing.

Some people say the world is a small place. The universe probably isn't that big either once you have time to count and catalog everything.

Nisus said:
I wonder what it's going to be like when you guys find out the BoM is true. If among all the time/space in eternity, I will have opportunity to see your reactions... or what I'll be doing.

Some people say the world is a small place. The universe probably isn't that big either once you have time to count and catalog everything.
for a little 'god-in-training' you sure are cocky, too bad you're going to be in the "rich man's" position to see all this, do you know that Jesus said many would call on His name & He would tell them, "I knew you not", you need to find out why He would say that & whether you would be in the position to hear that condemnation or not

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Mat/Mat007.html
Mat 7:21Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

Mat 7:22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

take care & may God bless you

Last edited by a moderator:
Nisus said:

man, check this out first, I wouldn't be so sure that you are going to enjoy this experience at all, see below:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/Luk/Luk016.html
Luk 16:19There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day:
Luk 16:20And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores,
Luk 16:21And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores.
Luk 16:22And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried;
Luk 16:23And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
Luk 16:24And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
Luk 16:25But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou art tormented.
Luk 16:26And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that [would come] from thence.
Luk 16:27Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father's house:
Luk 16:28For I have five brethren; that he may testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Luk 16:29Abraham saith unto him, They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.
Luk 16:30And he said, Nay, father Abraham: but if one went unto them from the dead, they will repent.
Luk 16:31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

WildBlueYonder said:
for a little 'god-in-training' you sure are cocky, too bad you're going to be in the "rich man's" position to see all this, do you know that Jesus said many would call on His name & He would tell them, "I knew you not", you need to find out why He would say that & whether you would be in the position to hear that condemnation or not

Matt. 10: 29-30
Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.

But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
If our hairs are numbered then also our words. Which are more than the hairs on our head. These words are even here, for anyone to see. And if man can store up our words, then also God can have them written in heaven.
And even as He lives, let Him judge between me and thee.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm sorry you reject the message that God is still a God of miracles. That he can cause a book to be written and for men to behold angels. I don't fear accountability to my words because I know them to be true. It's natural for me to wonder when people will understand. And I only hope that for your sake you understand sooner before later, because I wouldn't wish condemnation upon a single soul. But people have plainly and openly testified to you, and you fail to receive their message. On top of that you have a great knowledge, and with a single seed of faith all the doubts you have could be dispelled and you would see the bigger picture.

Nisus said:
I'm sorry you reject the message that God is still a God of miracles. That he can cause a book to be written and for men to behold angels. I don't fear accountability to my words because I know them to be true.
I do not reject that, since I know that God lives, I reject LDS belief that either J. Smith or the BoM are from God, seeing that they are both suspect, one for convenience-sake (polygamy & prophethood) & (the BoM), the (close to so im)-perfect book of all time

poor J. Smith knew nothing about Egypt, Jews, Indians, plants, animals or geography (that I am almost astounded that you mormons are almost as weak in those regards as he was, but not really, knowing you have to brainwash yourselves to believe all that)

WildBlueYonder said:
poor J. Smith knew nothing about Egypt, Jews, Indians, plants, animals or geography

Forgive me for pointing this out, but every single thread about Mormonism that you post to contains the exact wordage of the above post! It's like you have to keep repeating it to keep believing it. Lame, lame, lame.

WildBlueYonder said:
poor J. Smith knew nothing about Egypt, Jews, Indians, plants, animals or geography (that I am almost astounded that you mormons are almost as weak in those regards as he was, but not really, knowing you have to brainwash yourselves to believe all that)

You reject the possibility that it could exist as well. Simply put it's not something where you put your faith, and I respect that. But you don't absolutly disprove anything, and you can't. You can shadow your eyes with disbelief, say we brainwash ourselves, etc.

But for all you know it could all be true. But saturating your mind with lies and words intended to provoke disbelief the Spirit can't enter into your heart.

I bid you farewell, because I've no desire to dispute with you. The truth can find any man who sincerly searches.

Marlin said:
Forgive me for pointing this out,
you don't need forgiveness for this; it’s for not being Christian that you'll need to explain to Jesus about
but every single thread about Mormonism that you post to contains the exact wordage of the above post!
oh, I forgot, your answer to everything is "read the BoM & take the Moroni promise", about every 5th post, or should I count & post for you or do you remember that now?
It's like you have to keep repeating it to keep believing it. Lame, lame, lame.
no, just trying to get it through your head, especially since you can't seem to explain it logically, only illogically

WBY, the truth is simple. If I have to repeat it, it's only because I feel that you are missing the point repeatedly.

Nisus said:
You reject the possibility that it could exist as well. Simply put it's not something where you put your faith, and I respect that. But you don't absolutly disprove anything, and you can't. You can shadow your eyes with disbelief, say we brainwash ourselves, etc.
I differ on that, its proof to me that the BoM is a false document, a novel at best, a deception at worst
But for all you know it could all be true.
impossible; lingiustics, genetics, archeology, antropology, paleobiology, would all have to be false, for the BoM to be true,
sorry for you, you'll need to do more research here
But saturating your mind with lies and words intended to provoke disbelief the Spirit can't enter into your heart.
funny, I was thinking the same about you, poor fellow
I bid you farewell, because I've no desire to dispute with you. The truth can find any man who sincerly searches.
I hope that you are really serious about truth, that you do really look for truth, and hopefully find it

Marlin said:
WBY, the truth is simple. If I have to repeat it, it's only because I feel that you are missing the point repeatedly.
thanks for caring, too bad you're sending incorrect data, weak info

I know that God lives... you have to brainwash yourselves to believe all that

Yes, you do.

Back