Genetic Memory

Do we believe the Neurons in the brain can be in certain way more organised and this form of order will have better disposition to acquire DATA, and the individuals with different organised Neurons will be more receptive to a certain stimulus .

Very very doubtful

From my understanding of the structure of the brain neurones they form a very complex web

There are areas within the structure which deal with certain aspects of stimuli

However damage to these areas can cause other parts of the brain to a take over those functions

How successful that works out depends on a myriad of factors

With something like a circuit board it might be possible to redesign the configuration to shorten pathways to speed up processing

The brain is a self organising structure with the ability to rearrange its pathways on the go depending what varying input arrives and what importance the brain, along with other body systems controlled by the brain, makes of the inputs

If it was made into a fixed configuration to accommodate certain stimuli I would contend the loss of flexibility would be detrimental

If flexibility was not affected then I contend the fixed configuration would not last long

It ain't broke

Don't try to fix it

:)

A woman cannot transmit any acquired knowledge. She is born with all of her ova. When sexually mature, most women women release one ovum per month, with the ovaries alternately. Some women release an ovum from each ovary every month, which can result in non-identical twins. Identical twins are created if a fertilized ovum divides.

I do not believe there is any path between the brain & the testicles which would allow acquired knowledge to pass from the brain to the sperm cells. If there were such a path, it seems absurd to believe that the sperm has any mechanism to allow it to access such knowledge. A sperm cell is a simple entity, while acquired knowledge in the brain is maintained in a network of cells, not in a single cell.

A woman cannot transmit any acquired knowledge. She is born with all of her ova. When sexually mature, most women women release one ovum per month, with the ovaries alternately. Some women release an ovum from each ovary every month, which can result in non-identical twins. Identical twins are created if a fertilized ovum divides.

I do not believe there is any path between the brain & the testicles which would allow acquired knowledge to pass from the brain to the sperm cells. If there were such a path, it seems absurd to believe that the sperm has any mechanism to allow it to access such knowledge. A sperm cell is a simple entity, while acquired knowledge in the brain is maintained in a network of cells, not in a single cell.

How about the notochord from which the brain is formed is developed earlier then the testicles or any other organ , would that mean whatever will be the brain structure is programed is first.

How about the notochord from which the brain is formed is developed earlier then the testicles or any other organ , would that mean whatever will be the brain structure is programed is first.

No

No, what ? What do you know, be specific

would that mean whatever will be the brain structure is programed is first

You didn't have question mark but to this implied question the answer is no

If you like to go the long way around I can start by asking you

What do think a memory is composed of?

would that mean whatever will be the brain structure is programed is first

You didn't have question mark but to this implied question the answer is no

If you like to go the long way around I can start by asking you

What do think a memory is composed of?

To me is an organized pattern of experiences layers in the brain stacked like discs related to time, Oldest on the bottom fresh one on top and are connected into a main avenue.

To me is an organized pattern of experiences layers in the brain stacked like discs related to time, Oldest on the bottom fresh one on top and are connected into a main avenue.

OK I can go with that

Now pick any particular memory

Any memory will do but just as a example think of the first time you can remember yourself riding a bike

Does that memory in your mind resemble a photo or a segment of a movie?

OK I can go with that

Now pick any particular memory

Any memory will do but just as a example think of the first time you can remember yourself riding a bike

Does that memory in your mind resemble a photo or a segment of a movie?

I just remember the bike , It was in Austria , in a village called Asten,in a refuge camp the bike I was about 7 years old, it was a adult male bike . When you mentioned bike and first time , it flashed in my mind were I was and how I did it , I could not reached but there is a way that you do not go on the frame , but underneath the frame an pedal The year was 1943.
So this tells a stimulus was provided and the experience was dramatic, so the memory flashed.

I just remember the bike , It was in Austria , in a village called Asten,in a refuge camp the bike I was about 7 years old, it was a adult male bike . When you mentioned bike and first time , it flashed in my mind were I was and how I did it , I could not reached but there is a way that you do not go on the frame , but underneath the frame an pedal The year was 1943.
So this tells a stimulus was provided and the experience was dramatic, so the memory flashed.

1943 I was 1 but I don't remember :)

OK was your memory a

still photo or a

short movie or even a

short bursts of stills?

There was sort of a serie of photo

OK thanks

Mine was more a short movie

I can see myself on the bike and the saddle being held to keep me upright

I asked that person was I doing OK

When I didn't get any answer I looked back to seeing them some distance Beck

And promptly fell down

Anyway that memory of mine and I suspect your would have been scattered throughout the brain and reconstructed via chemical changes and electrical fireings through a whole host of neurones

How the movie was stored

How it was reconstructed

How the movie (and in your case a series of photos)

All unknowns

What the proponents of genetic memory are saying is that your set of still photos and my movie

can be distilled down

inserted into DNA

reconstructed to provide offspring your memory

Never going to happen

And bear in mind that is only one memory out of millions

There would also be all the forgotten memories like what did you eat 17 days and 3 hours ago

Savants hint at much more is stored in the brain which we do not access easily

Then there is a problem of which memories should be uploaded to the DNA

Can the memory be extended?

My movie is between 5 and 10 seconds

Sometimes I remember a bit before the riding

Sometimes a bit after

But I can't remember the whole day

Is the whole day in there?

Hope I have put my case for the no adequately

Cheers

I see no remarks refuting the following from my Post #103

The remarks in bold above seem to me to tell the correct story, namely that acquired knowledge cannot be genetically passed on to offspring.

:) I thought my NO covered it but I think your explanation imparted much more information

Love the part about a

"I do not believe there is any path between the brain & the testicles"

Reminded me of the dictum

god gave us two brains but only enough blood to use one at a time

I see no remarks refuting the following from my Post #103The remarks in bold above seem to me to tell the correct story, namely that acquired knowledge cannot be genetically passed on to offspring.

Say, appears no-go from father to child. But this argument won't work for mother to child.

Pl read the OP again. Its a discussion, you have made your point. But unfortunately your point is not backed up by any solid argument. You have trivialized the issue.

Read the original post

The issue is trivial

So trivial it does not exist

From a preview post of mine with minor changes

My memory of my first bike ride was more a short movie

When I didn't get any answer I looked back to seeing them some distance back

And promptly fell down

Anyway that memory of mine and I suspect yours would have been scattered throughout the brain and reconstructed via chemical changes and electrical fireings through a whole host of neurones

How the movie was stored

How it was reconstructed

All unknowns

What the proponents of genetic memory are saying is that your set of still photos and my movie

can be distilled down

inserted into DNA

Never going to happen

There would also be all the forgotten memories like what did you eat 17 days and 3 hours ago

Sometimes a bit after

Do you think the whole day can be passed down genetically?

Or any other aspects of memory?

Really???

Who, or more accurately, what process picks what memory should be passed on?

Or what part of what memory?

Hope I have put my

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

case adequately

I am to lazy to again go to all my references which is why I have not quoted any of them

Hope to see you put how

genetic memory would be possible

soon

Read the original post

The issue is trivial

So trivial it does not exist

From a preview post of mine with minor changes

My memory of my first bike ride was more a short movie

When I didn't get any answer I looked back to seeing them some distance back

And promptly fell down

Anyway that memory of mine and I suspect yours would have been scattered throughout the brain and reconstructed via chemical changes and electrical fireings through a whole host of neurones

How the movie was stored

How it was reconstructed

All unknowns

can be distilled down

inserted into DNA

Never going to happen

Sometimes a bit after

Do you think the whole day can be passed down genetically?

Or any other aspects of memory?

Really???

Who, or more accurately, what process picks what memory should be passed on?

Or what part of what memory?

Hope I have put my

NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN

case adequately

I am to lazy to again go to all my references which is why I have not quoted any of them

Hope to see you put how

genetic memory would be possible

soon

Why are you so negative about it? Its not my pet investment, so chill.

The question for you is when the baby is out, what is memory content? Or take it couple of months back in the womb, just when the brain functionality is fully developed, what's the memory content?

Back