For Christians of sciforums: "Lessons" for Christians...

The Greatest Lesson: Love

Love

Introduction about the Lessons of Love

I will be posting a series of Lessons about Love. One is not enought. Why?

The Bible is the Book Of Love. It talks basically about Love, so lets see what the Bible says about it.

Lesson1: 1 Corinthians 13

The Importance of Love
What makes a Christian Christian is not the cross, it's Love. If you worship God but have no Love, you are lying to God! God is Love! Worship Love and you'll be worshiping God! If you have no Love, you have nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-3:

"1 If I had the gift of being able to speak in tongues, and could speak in every language there is in all heaven and earth, but I didn't love others, it would be of no value whatever. I would only be making a lot of noise.
2 If I had the gift of prophecy and understood all myteries-knew everything about everything- but didn't love others, what good would it be? Even if I had the gift of faith so that I could speak to a mountain and make it move, I would still be worth nothing at all without love.
3 If I gave everything I have to poor people, and if I were burned alive for preaching the Gospel but didn't love others, it would be of no value whatever."

Another traduction reads:

"1 If I speak with tongues of men and of angels, but do not have love, I have become a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.
2 And if I have the gift of prophecy, and know all mysteries and all knowledge; and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but do not have love, Iam nothing.
3 And if I give all my possessions to feed the poor, and if I deliver my body to be burned, but do not have love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:8-10 :

"8 All the special gifts and powers from God will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. Someday prophecy, and speaking in tongues, and special knowledge - these gifts will disappear.
9 For even our special knowlegde and our prophecy are incomplete.
10 But when the perfect comes [that is, when we see God face to face], the need for these special gifts will come to an end, and they will disappear."

Another traduction:

"8 Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part;
10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away."

The perfect, that those passages are talking about, is God and God is Love. This whole chapter talks about The Perfection. Love is perfect, God is perfect. The gifts from the Heavens are just a part of Love. But Love is everything that we need, because it's fulfilling and complete by Itself.

The Characteristics of Love

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 :

"4 Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud,
5 nver haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when others do it wrong.
6 It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out.
7 If you love someone you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will allways believe in him, allways expect the best of him, and allways stand the ground to defend him."

Another traduction:

"4 Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant,
5 does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek it's own, is not provoked, does not take a wrong suffered, (THANK GOD!)
6 does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."

See if you really Love someone...
I do... :)

The Mystery Of All Mysteries

1 Corinthians 13:11-12 :

"11 It's like this: when I was a child I spoke and thought and reasoned like a child does. But when I became a man my thoughts grew far beyond those of my childhood, and now I have to put away my childish things.
12 In the same way, we can see and understand only a little bit about God now, as if we were peerong at his reflection in a poor mirror; but someday we are going to see Him in His completeness, face to face. Now all that I know is hazy and blurred, but then I will see everything clearly, just as clearly as God sees into my heart now."

Another traduction:

"11 When I was a child, I used to speak as a child, think as a child, reason as a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I shall know fully just as I also have been fully known."

This passage has two interpretations:
1. We, as Christians, are the children of God and we are spiritually growing in Faith and Love. It's said: "... we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face;...". Remember that in the Genesis God said that He made us to be like Him? That's what it means. It means that in the end, we will look in a mirror and see Him. We will see that we are made by Pure Love.
Another part: "...now I know in part, but then I shall know fully...". Again, it talks about our future: Omniscience. We will fully know ourselves, we will see, understand, realize, that we are purely Love.

2. It means too that you can discover yourself through someone else. If you give Love to someone, you will see your Love reflected in this persons actions and reactions (the reflection in the mirror).

Curiosities about this verses:
1. Eventhough here we talk about growing up, from children to adult, in Matthew it is said that only children can enter in the kingdom of God. In 1 Corinthians 13, children means something different then in Matthew. I'll talk about the "Matthew point of view" later, when I'll talk about "how" to enter in the Kingdom of Heavens.

2. There is a connection between this verses and the Genesis. In the Genesis, it's said that God created us to be like Him. Here, we see its fulfillment.

Genesis 1:27 :
"27 So God made man like his Maker.
Like God did God make man;
Man and maid did he make them."

Conclusion

1 Corinthians 13:13 :

"13 There are three things that remain- faith, hope, and love- and the greatest of these is love."

Another traduction:

"13 But now abide faith, hope and love, these three; but the greatest of these is love."

Well... don't even need to say a word... :)

Love,
Nelson

Last edited:
The Love of God

Truthseeker,

Here are some comments from someone who has experienced horror and terror in a way that I hope neither of us ever have to witness. Where is your God of love in this?

The Nobel Prize winner Elie Weisel had lived only for God during his childhood in Hungary; his life had been shaped by the disciplines of the Talmud and he had hoped one day to be initiated into the mysteries of Kabbalah. As a boy, he was taken to Auschwitz and later to Buchenwald. During his first night in the death camp, watching the black smoke coiling to the sky from the crematorium where the bodies of his mother and sister were to be thrown, he knew that the flames had consumed his faith for ever. He was in a world which was the objective correlative of the Godless world imagined by Nietzsche. 'Never should I forget that nocturnal silence which deprived me, for all eternity, of the desire to live', he wrote years later. 'Never shall I forget these moments which murdered my God and my soul and turned my dreams to dust.

One day the Gestapo hanged a child. Even the SS were disturbed by the prospect of hanging a young boy in front of thousands of spectators. The child who, Weisel recalled, had the face of a 'sad-eyed angel', was silent, lividly pale and almost calm as he ascended the gallows. Behind Weisel, one of the other prisoners asked: 'Where is God? Where is He? It took the child half an hour to die, while the prisoners were forced to look him in the face. The same man asked again: 'Where is God now?' And Weisel heard a voice within him make this answer: 'Where is He? Here He is - He is hanging here on this gallows.'

If this God is omnipotent, he could have prevented the Holocaust. If he was unable to stop it, he is impotent and useless; if he could have stopped it and chose not to, he is a monster. Jews are not the only people who believe that the Holocaust put an end to conventional theology.

And where does that leave us? In the biggest wild goose chase in history - the quest for God.

Cris

TruthSeeker

Xev:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
....but the firstborn of Egypt were very physical.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TruthSeeker:
It can still be simbolic...

If that is the case, are you willing to admit that the whole Bible can be symbolic, or does that only go for things you need to reconcile?

Cris: It is no use. Where was God when the Towers fell? Where was God during the genocide in Rwanda, in Kosovo, where was God during the Rape of Nanking? Where was God when the Crusaders slaughtered their way through the Middle East in His name?

He was nowhere. Is nowhere. Does not exist.

Cris

The Nobel Prize winner Elie Weisel had lived only for God during his childhood in Hungary; his life had been shaped by the disciplines of the Talmud and he had hoped one day to be initiated into the mysteries of Kabbalah. As a boy, he was taken to Auschwitz and later to Buchenwald. During his first night in the death camp, watching the black smoke coiling to the sky from the crematorium where the bodies of his mother and sister were to be thrown, he knew that the flames had consumed his faith for ever.
He said something insightful, (loose paraphrase) "The opposite of good is not evil, it is indifference."

When bad stuff happens it's, "God works in mysterious ways." When we like what has happened, "Thank you God." How is it that when something good happens divining "God's will" is so much easier?
If this God is omnipotent, he could have prevented the Holocaust. If he was unable to stop it, he is impotent and useless; if he could have stopped it and chose not to, he is a monster. Jews are not the only people who believe that the Holocaust put an end to conventional theology.
And they will try to muck it up with shadows. Their God gave men free will. Then we are back to your original synopsis: Freewill=non-Omniscient/Omnipotent being. The Christian religion is shown empty in any light.

Xev,

Hi and welcome to sciforums.

He was nowhere. Is nowhere. Does not exist.
Perfect. Saves me from saying it.

Teg,

The Christian religion is shown empty in any light.
And should be condemned as the fraud it is.

Cris

Cris,

The Nobel Prize winner Elie Weisel had lived only for God during his childhood in Hungary; his life had been shaped by the disciplines of the Talmud and he had hoped one day to be initiated into the mysteries of Kabbalah.

I'm talking about Christianism, not Kabbalah...

The Bible says that only the believers will go to the Heavens. You can read about it in the whole chapter of Matthew 13.

Not all Jews and Christians are necessarily believers. Many don't really believe and finish by making God impotent to help them. It's their free will. If they say: " O God, why did you forsaken me? Now, I'm almost dead and you don't do anything to help me!" He WON'T help you if you act like that. But if you say with conviction and faith: " With the power of the Lord, our Almighty God I command my sickness to go away now, in the name of Jesus! Amen". Then you'll have it... :)

It's not an exterior thing, a mental thing, where you use your mind to believe. You have to really believe it, not lie to yourself. If you say: "Now, I cast this mountain in the sea in the name of Jesus. [Let's see if it works]" What you believe is in the brackets. If you do like this it'll never happen. But even Christians and Jews "believes" like that, so, they don't have it.

God has power through us. If you tell Him believing with your Heart:
"Lord my God, I command you right now to make me free from my sickness in the name of Jesus!
You'll have it.
And if you tell Him:
" O Lord my God, why did you forsaken me! Now I'm with my foot in the grave and the other is almost there. I'm dying God. Why don't you help me?"
Then, you will have it! You will dye because you ASKED for it. You believed that God is powerless to help you!

Many people too, instead of looking for God first, look for human help. Then, fight and fight, and when finally decide to go to God, they have it. Why didn't they asked for God first? Christians, ask for God first! He is Almighty! He will heal you from your sickness. With Him in your side you'll have no trobles! Read Psalms 91...

Remember Christians: It's your Faith that gives God the power to change your life! If you have no Faith, you won't have anything from God. Believe in your Heart!

I'll talk more about Faith later...

Love,
Nelson

It's not an exterior thing, a mental thing, where you use your mind to believe. You have to really believe it, not lie to yourself. If you say: "Now, I cast this mountain in the sea in the name of Jesus. [Let's see if it works]" What you believe is in the brackets. If you do like this it'll never happen. But even Christians and Jews "believes" like that, so, they don't have it.

Appeal to personal authority.

" O Lord my God, why did you forsaken me! Now I'm with my foot in the grave and the other is almost there. I'm dying God. Why don't you help me?"
Then, you will have it! You will dye because you ASKED for it. You believed that God is powerless to help you!

I see. Which explains why the child was hung.

He simply did not ask God to save him.

And that explains why children die of AIDS, of cancer, of sleeping sickness, Tay-Sachs and of all manner of nasty diseases.

They simply don't have the intellectual capacity to ask God to save them. So, they will burn for this, will they not?

Because, after all, how can an 8 month old believe.

Your God is a rather sadistic son of a bitch. Good thing he dosen't exist.

Hi to you too Cris.

Xev,

Appeal to authority.

...What are you talking about?? :confused:

I won't even coment what you said...

"4 Love is patient, love is kind, and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant."

If you dont Love, you are not a good person to talk about it...

Love,
Nelson

Re: Jesus loves you long time

Originally posted by Xev
:D Good one!
May I share my own 'funny' reply to Psalm 14:1?

Mt.5:22. You are going to burn in a LAKE of FIRE! SINNER!
Not I, I have Him in me, the portion of the Holy Spirit of GOD!:) Psalm 14:1 is for those that hate GOD and His teachings.

"Judge not, that ye be not judged."(Matthew 7:1 KJV.)
(Matthew 7:6)

"But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of council: but whosoever shall say thou fool, shall be in danger of Hell fire."

That portains to the 'brotheren'. But that of the unbeliever that refuses GOD and His word when presented unto him, hates and rejects the very existence of GOD, is a fool!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
That portains to the 'brotheren'. But that of the unbeliever that refuses GOD and His word when presented unto him, hates and rejects the very existence of GOD, is a fool!

How can I hate God if he dosen't exist? Rather like hating the tooth fairy.

There is no God. There is only

CTHULU

cthulhu.jpg

Campus Crusade for Cthulu

Last edited:
Xev,

Riiiiight! I kinda thought you were a little weird from some things you said earlier.

Oh well, you are just like the rest of us I guess.

Krys

GOD is your Creator! And He loves you!

Xev:

Psalms 14:1 & Psalms 53:1 then fits you!:) Come and see that the 'good Lord' is good! He is real and is a real person you can not know, because you be in 'spiritual death'! Warning! Time, that you know shall soon come to an end! That is to all. and all that know not GOD, Creator and sustainer of the universe! He is LOVE! He is SPIRIT! He is above all time and space, hight and dept, and all domminion, He is Supreme above all that was, and is, and is to come!:D

We who knows the Lord, as saviour and Lord, are His!

Beware! Ye reject GOD and His Holy Word, you will accept the ANTI-CHRIST the incarnation of the Devil himself! He will be merceyless!!:eek:

But JESUS the Son of GOD is most merceyfull and fair!

But "Satan, is a liar, and the truth is not in him, for he is the father of lies!" (Deceiver) :mad:...:)

Last edited:
Only a little weird?

I was once told that I 'needed God'. They did not specify which one. :D

Sir Loone:

Abominable inequity? Yeah, I wish!

Ezekiel 13:20. Have YOU sewn a PILLOW?

Beware! Ye reject GOD and His Holy Word, you will accept the ANTI-CHRIST the incarnation of the Devil himself! He will be merceyless!!

Cthulu is not an anti-Christ! He is just an interdimensional monster that likes to eat people.

This is fun!

Last edited:
The United States of America

Xev, or Satan! You will bow to the Anti-Christ, the comming world dectator that will rule the Earth for a season of 7 years! And will have the 'Mark of the Beast' and the number of his name! He is Satan himself in the guess of a man! This man hates women! He loves death, Hellish destruction, and worships the 'god of forceses', and will proclaim him self as God in Jerusalem! And will be and cause that great abommination!

But soon as the 7 years are done, he will be destroyed by JESUS CHRIST the Son of the 'Living God'! With the "brightness of His comming!" Satan shall be slamed, and chained in Hell for a thousand years! And then let lose for a little season, then will be finally destroyed himself in the Lake of Fire, forever, never to rise again! And there will be peace for the Saints of GOD forevermore! Amen!

And the Beast and the faulse prophet where casted alive into that Lake of Fire, and burned forever more! And all that know not the Lord for the forgiveness of there sins, were likewise cast into that fire forever!

You maybe in the 'spirit of the Anti-Christ' , but your not him, but times like these, who knows but GOD Himself!
He will arise out of the Europeian Union (the revived Roman Empire) and will make war with the Saints that remain after the 'rapture of the Church of GOD'! Beware Him! Take his mark, and you are doomed for all eternity!! Beware!

Xev,

It is a capitol mistake to theorize before one has data. You know nothing of my personal life.

If you didn't pay atteniton I wrote that Love is not arrogant!

And as you ARE extremely arrogant, you don't Love and thus, have no understanding about it and can't talk about it. So please, stop posting about Love (which is God Himself) because you have absolute no understanding about it. Those who speak of things that they don't understand are foolish.

By the way, about what Cris wrote about the Jews...

Proverbs 16:4 :

"4 The Lord has made everything for its own purpose, even the wicked for the day of evil."

For Xev and Cris...

Proverbs 17:15 :

"15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the righteous, both are an abomination to the Lord."

Love,
Nelson

Sir. Loone,

But soon as the 7 years are done, he will be destroyed by JESUS CHRIST the Son of the 'Living God'! With the "brightness of His comming!" Satan shall be slamed, and chained in Hell for a thousand years! And then let lose for a little season, then will be finally destroyed himself in the Lake of Fire, forever, never to rise again! And there will be peace for the Saints of GOD forevermore! Amen!

Amen! :)

He will arise out of the Europeian Union (the revived Roman Empire) and will make war with the Saints that remain after the 'rapture of the Church of GOD'!

Yeah... I'll probably have problems at those times. I won't shut up my cry for Love, peace and Compassion to the world! Praise our God Love for He is Almighty!!! :D
Shall I be a living sacrifice to God! Shall I carry the cross with Jesus! Because I believe in Love! I Love Love!

Love to you all!! :)
Nelson

And will have the 'Mark of the Beast' and the number of his name! He is Satan himself in the guess of a man! This man hates women! He loves death, Hellish destruction, and worships the 'god of forceses', and will proclaim him self as God in Jerusalem! And will be and cause that great abommination!

Sounds like a real jerk. :(

He will arise out of the Europeian Union (the revived Roman Empire) and will make war with the Saints that remain after the 'rapture of the Church of GOD'! Beware Him!

Well, then he can't be me. I'm American (wooo woo yeah!). And Cthulu is interdimensional, so he can't be Cthulu.

Maybe Cthulu will 'tag team' him with your God? Cthulu likes women, and dosen't like 'forces'.

Take his mark, and you are doomed for all eternity!! Beware!

Nah, sounds like a rather fascist S.O.B. I don't think I would.

TruthSeeker:

And as you ARE extremely arrogant, you don't Love and thus, have no understanding about it and can't talk about it. So please, stop posting about Love (which is God Himself)

Arrogant? I've never heard that one before. How am I arrogant?

(Am I arrogant?)

because you have absolute no understanding about it. Those who speak of things that they don't understand are foolish.

I understand better than you could ever imagine.

Proverbs 17:15 :

"15 He who justifies the wicked, and he who condemns the righteous, both are an abomination to the Lord."

I don't recall Cris or I doing this.

Xev,

Arrogant? I've never heard that one before. How am I arrogant?

You wrote:

I see. Which explains why the child was hung.

He simply did not ask God to save him.

And that explains why children die of AIDS, of cancer, of sleeping sickness, Tay-Sachs and of all manner of nasty diseases.

They simply don't have the intellectual capacity to ask God to save them. So, they will burn for this, will they not?

Because, after all, how can an 8 month old believe.

Your God is a rather sadistic son of a bitch. Good thing he dosen't exist.

Hi to you too Cris.

Isn't this arrogant and sarcastic? If it's not, what the heck it is?!?!

And the last two lines reflects a complete lack of consciouusness of what you said...

...I'm American...

Yeah... I guessed this before... Unfortunatly, many americans are just like you...

I understand better than you could ever imagine.
You already proved the opposite many times...

I don't recall Cris or I doing this.

... You justified each other AND condemned me... I guess it has been written for you...

Love,
Nelson

Back