Evidence of Hell.

I know I am asking for evidence of something I already reject so that may put off true believers participating.

However I am interested to know where the concept of hell comes from.

Also who can look forward to hell?
Only believers who are guilty of sin?
If you don't believe and presumable don't have guilt in your heart (mind) can you be guilty of any sin and therefore escape judgement?

Has anyone gone to hell and come back like we hear of folk going down the tunnel and seeing the light.

Could the light be the fires of hell?

Alex
This is for anyone to comment on if they chose......We all know that most humans supposedly believe in a god of sorts.
My question simply is, is this because people are drawn to belief creationism/god out of a sense of strong deep seated emotional fears of personal annihilation, and subsequently tend to ignore scientific reasoning and logical discourse? Sort of fabricating a nice little comfort zone and the hope that death won't just be the cessation of everything.

This is for anyone to comment on if they chose......We all know that most humans supposedly believe in a god of sorts.
My question simply is, is this because people are drawn to belief creationism/god out of a sense of strong deep seated emotional fears of personal annihilation, and subsequently tend to ignore scientific reasoning and logical discourse? Sort of fabricating a nice little comfort zone and the hope that death won't just be the cessation of everything.

How about...God actually exists, and we don't deny it?

Jan.

My question simply is, is this because people are drawn to belief creationism/god out of a sense of strong deep seated emotional fears of personal annihilation, and subsequently tend to ignore scientific reasoning and logical discourse?

I have only spoken to a few really but they all shared in common a belief that there must be more to life.
One chap cited the butterfly as proof..
Maybe some folk have great difficulty with existence and need the promise of something less painful in a future they are promised if they believe.?
I dont know for the folk I have not asked.
Alex

Aleppo?

Back