eternal life...

A world full of superheroes...now i'm liking that one, but would probably end up burying eachother in asteroids or something...

ummm.... I don't understand what your asking here?

in regards to quality of life...do you have faith in politics, religion, and technology to provide the quality of life you'd want to live forever in?

Politics - No
Religion - Definately No
Technology - Coming from a geek i'd be happy with that :D

I really don't see how that applies. I would provide for y own quality of life. I wouldn't depend on external forces like politics, religion, or technology to provide for me.

and what if this politics, religion, and technology was alien in nature? as in beings from outer space alien?

what if they claim to be our creators, and hence, our saviors?

it's the only thing i can think of that would create a one world government and false religion.

I really don't see how that applies. I would provide for y own quality of life. I wouldn't depend on external forces like politics, religion, or technology to provide for me.

you don't agree that those things affect your quality of life?

Well, I don't swear allegiance to politics )or any human being for that matter), or religion, and certainly not technology. I answer to my own conceptions of spirituality.

Well, I don't swear allegiance to politics )or any human being for that matter), or religion, and certainly not technology. I answer to my own conceptions of spirituality.

that's good. :)

you don't agree that those things affect your quality of life?

I think largely government decreases quality of life. Religion decreases quality of life, and technology can improve it, but I think it's good to not depend on technology to create a good life.

If I was locked into perpetual youth, I wouldn't mind eternal life--though I would probably want a taste of old age. The future would be worth a look.

im probably the only one in the world, who would throw a party as soon as i see my first gray hair..im 46, and there are none to be found..

If I was locked into perpetual youth, I wouldn't mind eternal life--though I would probably want a taste of old age. The future would be worth a look.

yeah, having to relive your twenties over and over again might be a form of hell.

im probably the only one in the world, who would throw a party as soon as i see my first gray hair..im 46, and there are none to be found..

why the party? are you worried you're going to live forever?

yeah, having to relive your twenties over and over again might be a form of hell.

My twenties were a blast. I think that you accumulate wisdom with time, not with age. Yes, I would live forever as a young man. Why not?

It's not so much the gray hairs on your head but the hairs that grow out of your nose and ears. :eek:

...or would you rather die?
No.
i'm asking this question because this is what i think the mark of the beast will be; a way to achieve eternal biological life, in the bodies we have now...
I disagree.
Not dead, not Doomsday.It would be very boring for Satan.It should be unemployed or retire. :rolleyes:
"who would want to live forever like this?'

Me. :yay:
However I would not want to see my son dead.

P.S. Need I remind you? :wallbang:
To Atheists: How did you come to terms with having no purpose in the world?

I'd argue that in 1000 years the "you" that is you would have long ceased to exist. Let along in 1 million years.
That said, I have no doubt that biologically we won't age - maybe in my lifetime (or nearly so). what we do then is up to us.

Last edited:
Back