"Does light move", asked Quantum Quack

QQ,

if light doesn't move then time and space don't exist.
IMO
light is time Enmos, time is change, the universe changes at a constant rate of 'c'....

Spacial dimension [space] is only exstistant for objects of mass/matter and is non-existant for light....which is massless.

light is time Enmos, time is change, the universe changes at a constant rate of 'c'....

space is only extistant for objects of mass/matter and is non-existant for light....

If light doesn't move what change are you talking about ?
And, c ? I thought light didn't move..
You know what c is, don't you ?

If light doesn't move what change are you talking about ?
And, c ? I thought light didn't move..
if everything is moving at the same speed then from with in the universe it "appears" to be still yet changing all the same.
Example:

If you have a universe that has ten objects of mass in it and all those objects of mass are inertial [ no relative velocity ] they appear to be still or at rest unto each other.
each object has a ticking clock and all clocks are ticking at the same rate [ no time dilation]

yet tick they do......what's happening to those objects of mass while the clocks tick do you think?

I woud propose that they would have "vibrated" for want of a better word approxmiately 186000 miles with every passing Earth second....

if everything is moving at the same speed then from with in the universe it "appears" to be still yet changing all the same.
What ? This is nonsense.
Relative to what could the universe possibly be moving ? :rolleyes:

Example:

If you have a universe that has ten objects of mass in it and all those objects of mass are inertial [ no relative velocity ] they appear to be still or at rest unto each other.
each object has a ticking clock and all clocks are ticking at the same rate [ no time dilation]

yet tick they do......what's happening to those objects of mass while the clocks tick do you think?
:confused:

If I hand you a vibrator that vibrates a total of 2 inches along an axis how far would it vibrate in 1 second if the speed was set to 'c' ?
Answer is 186000 miles

so I hand you a rock of basalt, and ask the same question. How far has it vibrated in 1 second?
same answer.... approx. 186,000 miles
makes one hell of a "hot" or "dynamic" rock yes?

as mass not light....

As mass ?
Let me get this straight.. if I see a rock it's because it hit me in the eye ? lol

It seems to me you are calling light mass and that's it. Regardless, the 'mass' still moves. And the rest of us call it light.

As mass ?
Let me get this straight.. if I see a rock it's because it hit me in the eye ? lol

It seems to me you are calling light mass and that's it. Regardless, the 'mass' still moves. And the rest of us call it light.
nope the rock is in your hand and your eyes and the rest of you for that matter simply resonates to the rocks vibration.
Keep in mind that your eyes are also vibrating at 'c'. They just need to match the vibration to see the rock. No traveling photons involved.

nope the rock is in your hand an dyour eye simply resonates to the rocks vibration.
Keep in mind that your eyes are also vibrating at 'c'. They just need to match the vibration to see the rock. No traveling photons involved.

So how does the eye receive information about the rocks vibration ?

So how does the eye receive information about the rocks vibration ?
like one bell causing another to resonate, the cones in your eyes are ultra sensitive to "light" or "colour" vibrations and resonate to the object you are looking at.

Back