Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm unsure of my sexual orientation

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know what I want

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Qa'dark, did you choose to be heterosexual? Do you feel you could have just as easily chosen to be homosexual?

As far back as I can remember, I thought girls were pretty. From the time I was a small boy, there was always at least one girl in my class that I thought was especially pretty, and wished I could get to know better. Most homosexuals report similar feelings, but they were instead focused on the same sex.

No one said anything about a "gay gene". A genetic predisposition, especially for something as complex as sexual behavior, is going to involve far more than one gene.

All of the work I have seen disputing that there is any degree of biological determinism in hetero or homosexuality has been done by those with a religious axe to grind, or cherry picked from inconclusive studies by the same religious zealots. Most of these same people dispute Darwinian evolution, which really serves to establish their credibility.

Norsefire:

No, hell no. You should not punish people for what they are. You punish gays for what they DO, (become gay)

That would be equivalent to punishing anybody who converts to Islam. Once again, it is a status offence. Do you understand the concept yet?

I think the level of conversation here is probably beyond you. You should probably just stop and go play with your friends or something.

Qa'Dark:

My answer will not satisfy you, I can tell, because it is (mostly) religiously orientated.

So, because somebody told you 1500 years ago that homosexuality is evil, you think it should be a crime today?

Carcano:

Being gay isnt a 'doing'...not an action.

If you really want to toss them all in jail for something however, just make sodomy illegal.

Thats an action!

Is it an action that is harmful to society in any way?

Nature is trying to stop homosexuality by not allowing homosexuals to reproduce off spring to influence more homosexuality.

Willy:

But homosexuals don't produce homosexuals as it is. Practically all homosexuals are born to heterosexuals.

Carcano:

I'm not sure what you're arguing.

The positive aspects I could think of early in the thread are far outweighed by the negative social aspects caused by intolerant bigots fueled by ancient superstition. If you'd asked me if I'd like to be black, I'd say it must be nice to be so much more resistant to sunburn. But blacks in this country still face major obstacles that whites do not, so I'll stay white, thanks very much.

If homosexuality were treated as being no more important than whether someone is left or right handed (and in the grand scheme of things, that is about how important it is), probably no one would regret being gay.

Norsefire:

If homosexuality is right, why then can homosexuals not reproduce (naturally)?

They can! Homosexuals aren't sterile.

Carcano:

Some do...some dont.

Hence, the statement that "Nobody wants to be homosexual" is wrong, which was my only point there.

There have been many cases of homosexuals who tried to 'cure' themselves of it for many years...to no avail of course.

Yes, of course.

But blacks in this country still face major obstacles that whites do not, so I'll stay white, thanks very much.
What major obstacless?
If homosexuality were treated as being no more important than whether someone is left or right handed (and in the grand scheme of things, that is about how important it is), probably no one would regret being gay.

If child molesters were treated as being no more important than whether someone is left or right handed (and in the grand scheme of things, that is about how important it is), probably no child molester one would regret being a child molester.

Norsefire:

wow, so sperm + sperm= a baby?

No, sperm + egg = baby. About one time in 3.

Did you know that homosexual people can have children with anyone of the opposite sex, whether they are heterosexual or homosexual themselves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back