Do you believe in miracles?

The evidence against it is greater than the evidence for it.
What evidence against it? Oh I know "well you know I don't believe in a Flying Spaghetti Monster, and even though this has nothing do with the existence of God, I can pretend it does, and claim it as evidence"

Ah. but that evidence is circumstantial at best. There has been no direct relationship drawn to evolution from adaptation. Rather it is something we take forgranted. These assumptions are understandable.

Compelling? Perhaps but not more compelling. I understand if you believe differently.
But Creation is far more likely. Life is so diverse and complex is difficult to see it as anything else other than an advanced piece of sophisticated technology.

No, it isn't. The complexity you see is misleading, having accumulated from simpler forms over time by the simple mechanism of either living, and spreading it's form with variations, or dying.

Compelling? Perhaps but not more compelling. I understand if you believe differently.
But Creation is far more likely. Life is so diverse and complex is difficult to see it as anything else other than an advanced piece of sophisticated technology.

If it's difficult for you 'to see it as anything else other than an advanced piece of sophisticated technology' how does that make it wrong ? Just that you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so.

When the subject of evolution is brought up, theists seem perfectly willing to use the tools if science to try and discount it, but when the same tool is applied to theism, they say it's beyond such investigation. Why is that?

When the subject of evolution is brought up, theists seem perfectly willing to use the tools if science to try and discount it, but when the same tool is applied to theism, they say it's beyond such investigation. Why is that?

Because they are actively and willingly deluding themselves, however improbable it sounds lol

No, it isn't. The complexity you see is misleading, having accumulated from simpler forms over time by the simple mechanism of either living, and spreading it's form with variations, or dying.

Complexity isn't misleading.

If it's difficult for you 'to see it as anything else other than an advanced piece of sophisticated technology' how does that make it wrong ? Just that you don't understand it doesn't mean it isn't so.

If it were a lack of understanding then you would be right. That not being the case it is thus difficult to attribute complexity with non complex and random processes.

Because they are actively and willingly deluding themselves, however improbable it sounds lol

That is a belief and an assumption. It's also just as convienent as a creationist not knowing why creation is more likely but merely accepting church and reverend hearsay.

Last edited:
On the contrary, Wolfram's recent mathematical explorations have proven that relatively simply rules can create complex and unpredictable behavior.

For God to create man, he would only need an IQ of 1. Evolution is just slightly more orderly than randomness, therefore complexity accumulates.

Complexity isn't misleading.
It can be, you can't deny that.

If it were a lack of understanding then you would be right. That not being the case it is thus difficult to attribute complexity with non complex and random processes.
Again, the fact that it's difficult doesn't make it wrong. Rather it implies it's correct, although I understand you don't mean to say that.

That is a belief and an assumption.
True, I have no way of knowing if it's true. But it sure seems like it, in fact I can't come up with another explanation.

It's also just as convienent as a creationist not knowing why creation is more likely but merely accepting church and reverend hearsay.
Well, isn't that like what I just said ?

It can be, you can't deny that.

I think I did. People mislead the facts do not.

Again, the fact that it's difficult doesn't make it wrong. Rather it implies it's correct, although I understand you don't mean to say that.

difficult is a perception and observance if you will.

True, I have no way of knowing if it's true. But it sure seems like it, in fact I can't come up with another explanation.

From our own perspectives then there seems to be a commonality. The differences that we perceive shouldn't be a reason for strife and boasting nor superiority.

Well, isn't that like what I just said ?

I certainly hope so...

The evidence that we evolved from simpler forms.
Yeah...so how does that discredit the existence of God? We have lots of evidence for fine-tuning, design, cosmological arguments, etc...

What? Can you give an example? Its the exact opposite, when it comes to things like abiogenesis atheists are willing to say "yeah well it doesn't matter if there's no evidence, we know it COULD be true" but when it comes to God "oh know, we NEED evidence" and after evidence is provided "oh no this isn't good enough, its a "god of the gaps"" then after providing massive amounts of evidence when someone asks an atheist "can you give me an example of what can be considered evidence of God that can't be considered a 'god of the gaps'" atheists are speechless, get upset, go home and ignore the whole situation

You're talking about atheists ROFL, they're willing to deny and reject any evidence in order to preserve atheistic faith and never consider that God can exist

Yeah...so how does that discredit the existence of God? We have lots of evidence for fine-tuning, design, cosmological arguments, etc...
God becomes unnecessary as an explanatory tool. The anthropic principle explains any appearance of fine-tuning.

What? Can you give an example? Its the exact opposite, when it comes to things like abiogenesis atheists are willing to say "yeah well it doesn't matter if there's no evidence, we know it COULD be true" but when it comes to God "oh know, we NEED evidence" and after evidence is provided "oh no this isn't good enough, its a "god of the gaps"" then after providing massive amounts of evidence when someone asks an atheist "can you give me an example of what can be considered evidence of God that can't be considered a 'god of the gaps'" atheists are speechless, get upset, go home and ignore the whole situation
So, if I cannot explain everything about abiogenesis, then God exists? That is the God of the gaps argument, a gap which is ever shrinking. I don't even know what you mean by the word God. If you could define it, I could possibly suggest what would be evidence of it.

God becomes unnecessary as an explanatory tool. The anthropic principle explains any appearance of fine-tuning.
Actually, its the opposite God becomes necessary, the anthropic principle shows it...tell me why if reality is causeless and meaningless with no Creator should it matter if we change any of the constants by 0.1%? Why should only intelligent life then cease to exist? Fine-tuning is an argument for design

spidergoat said:
So, if I cannot explain everything about abiogenesis, then God exists? That is the God of the gaps argument, a gap which is ever shrinking.
I never said it showed God exists (putting words in my mouth again), I said atheists don't need evidence to believe in certain things that favor naturalism, yet anything that favors theism "oh NO it just can't be true, now we need massive amounts of evidence, but we can NEVER EVER tell you what can be considered real evidence to us, but if you really had some evidence of which we can never ever possibly name, we would believe you"

Why is it that you consider that abiogenesis can be true or is true but not God?

Last edited:
You don't understand the anthropic principle, as I explained previously. It means the exact opposite of what you are saying it means. It means that obviously the universe is suitable for our lives, since only a suitable environment for life will cause life to exist, and therefore lead to an observer that can observe it. Therefore, the universe only seems fine-tuned for our kind of life.

That means that there could be other places in the universe or other universes, but if they are not suitable for the development of life, then no one will observe it.

Back