• Yes, I am a theist.

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • No, I am an atheist.

Votes: 33 55.0%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 5 8.3%

• Total voters
Belief is irrelevant to the question.

Do you find it necessary to believe in rocks?

Do you believe in Qreg? Do you not believe in Qreg? Are you undecided on the question of Qreg?

At the moment there is zero evidence to support the notion that any of the currently proposed "gods" are anything other than the fantasies of their "believers."

Until that changes there is no need to bother with the question except as an amusing academic exercise in fallicious thinking.

To bother being an atheist is to give the question more merit than it really disserves. Consider...are you an a-unicornist? Are you an a-tooth fairyist? Atheism is just more special pleading by the theists. They try to pretend their fantasies are so unique you need a special classification to say its stupid.

:roflmao:

... I should roll over again.. Seriously!

Like I said, there is no such thing as disbelief. If you're an atheist, swarm, you are not doing any thing different than a theist. PERIOD.
That is my entire assessment of religion.
I'd like to hear a crack of this theory.

Belief is irrelevant to the question.

Do you find it necessary to believe in rocks?

Do you believe in Qreg? Do you not believe in Qreg? Are you undecided on the question of Qreg?

At the moment there is zero evidence to support the notion that any of the currently proposed "gods" are anything other than the fantasies of their "believers."

Until that changes there is no need to bother with the question except as an amusing academic exercise in fallicious thinking.

To bother being an atheist is to give the question more merit than it really disserves. Consider...are you an a-unicornist? Are you an a-tooth fairyist? Atheism is just more special pleading by the theists. They try to pretend their fantasies are so unique you need a special classification to say its stupid.
I can see where you're coming from. However, I think we have slightly different definitions of atheism.
I'm not, perse, against religion. I just don't believe in any gods. That's pretty much it. In that sense I am indeed an a-unicornist etc. And here is where I agree with you.. saying you are an a-unicornist only makes sense if there are also unicornists. In other words, a-unicornists let themselves be defined by unicornists.
In fact, I actually dislike the term atheist myself but one can't escape the fact that the term is used and applied all the time by both theists and atheists. I rather just say "I don't believe in all that crap", but eh..

I can see where you're coming from. However, I think we have slightly different definitions of atheism.
I'm not, perse, against religion. I just don't believe in any gods. That's pretty much it. In that sense I am indeed an a-unicornist etc. And here is where I agree with you.. saying you are an a-unicornist only makes sense if there are also unicornists. In other words, a-unicornists let themselves be defined by unicornists.
In fact, I actually dislike the term atheist myself but one can't escape the fact that the term is used and applied all the time by both theists and atheists. I rather just say "I don't believe in all that crap", but eh..

no interrupting here, just wanted to say "Good post" and "Damn straight."

Like I said, there is no such thing as disbelief.

What does that have to do with anything I said?

If you're an atheist, swarm, you are not doing any thing different than a theist. PERIOD.

Take a moment to actually read what I said. I already answered your "if."

Also I strongly suspect you are clueless about atheism but who cares? Once you realize that the theists are full of shit there isn't much more point to atheism after that.

Brent and Swarm.. you two agree more with each other about the concept 'atheism' than I do with either of you. lol

Also I strongly suspect you are clueless about atheism but who cares? Once you realize that the theists are full of shit there isn't much more point to atheism after that.

I hate to break it to you you breaking peice of shit, but your post is total hosh-wash bullshit!

see below

see above.

Also I strongly suspect you are clueless about atheism but who cares?
Yes. A lot more clueless than you:rolleyes:

Once you realize that the theists are full of shit there isn't much more point to atheism after that
Nice to finally meet one of the most piles upon piles of trash that exist on this planet.
You're full of it bud. Face it.

Nice to finally meet one of the most piles upon piles of trash that exist on this planet.
You're full of it bud. Face it.

You meet them all the time. You live in the US right ? The US is inhabited by 305,605,608 pieces of trash.

Back