Do atheists indocrinate their children into their belief system?

That's right, the really smart people choose Cthulhu! Only a madman would want to watch all humanity being destroyed.

My children are free to believe in any of the millions of gods available. How many would you let your children believe in? Wait, I get the feeling you'd make sure they believe in whatever one it is that you do.

Forgive me, please continue with your anti-atheist tirade.

Owned!

P.S.. I still luv ya S.A.M but that was a scorcher
672657384557d5bfe58dd.gif

I will encourage my future son or daughter to fimiliarize themselves with Science first and foremost. If that leads them to a religous pilgrimage, so be it.

Jan: would you accept this as evidence of God?
[image removed]

I accept nature, as evidence of God, and the fate of that creature is in accordance with nature. I hope that answers your question.
Now,I would like you to answer my questions.
Thanks in advance.

Jan.

Why can't a flower be evidence of God?

The same reason as why the existence of spaghetti can't be considered as evidence for there being a flying spaghetti monster.

Frankly I find your question daft.

Seeing as you're prepared to say what is not evidence, can you say what you would regard as evidence?

That would probably vary depending upon what god it is. What would you consider as evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster? Whatever your answer is going to be is probably quite similar to what I would say - then again, maybe not judging from your earlier question. You must believe in all kinds of shit. Well Loch Ness exists, the Loch Ness monster must therefore also exist! Pfft.

SnakeLord,

The same reason as why the existence of spaghetti can't be considered as evidence for there being a flying spaghetti monster.

What reason is that?

Frankly I find your question daft.

You have no choice but to, such is the nature of your dogma.

That would probably vary depending upon what god it is.

Let's stick with the God, the god of all scriptures.

I'll not bother with the rest of your rant, if you don't mind, as we both know it is just a diversion tactic. :)

Jan.

What reason is that?

I think this is something you'll learn about in a more appropriate setting.. like school for example.

You have no choice but to, such is the nature of your dogma

:bugeye: You're being silly. Apparently, given your statements, you do regard spaghetti as evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster. Frankly there's nothing left to say.

Let's stick with the God, the god of all scriptures

Sorry, which one is that? The god of all scriptures? They're all different lol.

I'll not bother with the rest of your rant, if you don't mind, as we both know it is just a diversion tactic

Actually not at all. You avoiding it is an example of a diversion tactic. Tell me Jan, what would you consider evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster? Hmmm?

SnakeLord,

I think this is something you'll learn about in a more appropriate setting.. like school for example.

I take it you don't have a reason then?

:bugeye: You're being silly. Apparently, given your statements, you do regard spaghetti as evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster. Frankly there's nothing left to say.

If you want to avoid answering my questions to you, just say so.

Sorry, which one is that? The god of all scriptures? They're all different lol.

In what way?

Actually not at all. You avoiding it is an example of a diversion tactic. Tell me Jan, what would you consider evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster? Hmmm?

Outside of ,explicit, atheist diversionary tactics, I don't know what a FSM is, nor have I heard of it, or read of it.

Jan.

I take it you don't have a reason then?

If you can't grasp it then there's little worth saying on a forum post. Once again I can only suggest you find a more appropriate place. Basically you are telling me that the existence of spaghetti is evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster. What in your mind thinks that's valid?

In what way?

That depends on the gods in question.

I don't know what a FSM is, nor have I heard of it, or read of it.

Not an answer to the question. Something existing or not is not dependant upon you having read about it. Once again: What would you consider evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster?

I accept nature, as evidence of God, and the fate of that creature is in accordance with nature. I hope that answers your question.
no not at all, your evidence for design is things like.
Ebola virus: hemorrhagic fever.
Sars: severe acute respirtory syndrome.
Aids: acquired immunodeficiency syndrome
Cancer: malignant neoplasm.
Malaria: plasmodium falciparum.
Parasites and protozoans: like the cestoda: tapeworm that can grow up to six metres, within the human body, or trematode: flatworms(flukes)
idby6.jpg

A being who sustains itself only by killing, sometimes in extremely cruel ways to completely harmless sentient beings is an imperfection that calls for a explanation.
A world free of such evil, one that does not involve having the kinds of beings that are obliged to kill for survival, this is the sort of world a loving creator would create.
don't you think.
Jan Ardena said:
Now,I would like you to answer my questions.
Thanks in advance.Jan.
see above answer.

Do you think there really is such a thing as "the god of all scriptures"?
Why would you think differently?

No doubt that with enough imagination and willingness to fill in the blanks, one can reconcile any two scriptures that claim to speak about God, however different they might be - even if one describes God as a wrathful and revengeful creator, and another as a passive bystander.

But IMO, this speaks more of such an interpreter's willingness to reconcile these scriptures than it does of their common origin or their common meaning and intent.

Theistic scriptures strike me as too versatile to be all about the same God.
If all scriptures that claim to speak about God are to be taken into consideration, then, given their versatility, what is the use in them? "Anything goes" does not strike me as a correct attitude toward understanding God. One might as well do nothing.

Some people suggest that one must weed out what does not belong, figure out which scriptures or passages thereof truly speak about God, and which do not.
But I would not assume myself competent to judge which scriptures or which passages truly speak about God, and which do not.

Better to err on the side of caution.

SnakeLord,

If you can't grasp it then there's little worth saying on a forum post.

That is a cop-out, you know it, and I know it.
You have no reason for your dogmatic attitutude other than and emotional dislike to God or the concept of God. Period.

Once again I can only suggest you find a more appropriate place. Basically you are telling me that the existence of spaghetti is evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster. What in your mind thinks that's valid?

Don't you get bored of spouting this tired old diversion? I know I would.

That depends on the gods in question.

*yawn*

Not an answer to the question. Something existing or not is not dependant upon you having read about it. Once again: What would you consider evidence for the existence of the flying spaghetti monster?

A world where everything has the characteristics of to some degree or other of the said spagetti monster?
How's that?

Jan.

greenberg,

No doubt that with enough imagination and willingness to fill in the blanks, one can reconcile any two scriptures that claim to speak about God,

Imagination and willingness, are two very important factors for human beings.

...however different they might be - even if one describes God as a wrathful and revengeful creator, and another as a passive bystander.

Why would you think that God has only I type of character?

But IMO, this speaks more of such an interpreter's willingness to reconcile these scriptures than it does of their common origin or their common meaning and intent.

Then state what you actually think, and let's see if there is any difference between your method and "such an interpreter".

Theistic scriptures strike me as too versatile to be all about the same God.

What do you mean?

If all scriptures that claim to speak about God are to be taken into consideration, then, given their versatility, what is the use in them? "Anything goes" does not strike me as a correct attitude toward understanding God. One might as well do nothing.

All the scriptures speak about God, not claim to.
And what do you mean by versatility?
Do you agree that all scriptures say God is the cause of everything? If you do, then what do you mean by versatile?

Some people suggest that one must weed out what does not belong, figure out which scriptures or passages thereof truly speak about God, and which do not.

Some people do, some people don't. Some people like chips, but don't like mash, and vice versa. What do you think? That is what intersests me in this conversation.

But I would not assume myself competent to judge which scriptures or which passages truly speak about God, and which do not.

You create a problem, then you judge your position by what you create. Doesn't that strike you as odd? Are you pretending to be humble?.

Better to err on the side of caution.

You mean sit on the fence?

Jan.

Back