Did Jesus exist?

"Confronted with the truth," you've got to be kidding, Saul, "the sun gazer," ahahahaha.

M*W: See, you don't pay attention, or you simply cannot read. I never said Saul was "the sun gazer." I said that Saul was a metaphor for "Sol" the sun/god. I did not say Saul was a "sun gazer." Paul, as you know on the Road to Damascas, saw a bright light. This is metaphor for Sol being the sun. Laugh if you will, but this is not a funny subject. It's very serious, because it is the truth. If you want to laugh at something, laugh at your own ignorance and continue believing in fairy tales.

If Jesus was truly born in a poor area and performed miracles and taught in or around the confines of that area it does seem unlikely that there would be many outside sources on Jesus.

I'm very interested to know how many of the people living around Jesus could read or write. If he lived and worked in a poor area it's unlikely that anyone had to ability to record his actions. Paper and pens weren't as available then as they are now. Not to mention, public schooling didn't even exist yet (as far as I know).

Aside from that, even if people could have written about Jesus, the risk of being caught and tortured by the Romans would have been enough to stop anyone from writing about Jesus or his teachings.

In any case, even if sources other than the authors of the Bible did write about Jesus' miracles, they were far too poor to get their writing published and reproduced. So their writings became destroyed with no way to preserve them.

I wonder what the entire geographical area of Jesus' teachings were so we could analyze the people he would have been around. A map would be good.

One of the writers who was alive during the time of Jesus was Philo Judaeus. John E. Remsburg, in The Christ, writes:

"Philo was born before the beginning of the Christian era, and lived until long after the reputed death of Christ. He wrote an account of the Jews covering the entire time that Christ is said to have existed on earth. He was living in or near Jerusalem when Christ's miraculous birth and the Herodian massacre occurred. He was there when Christ made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem. He was there when the crucifixion with its attendant earthquake, supernatural darkness, and resurrection of the dead took placewhen Christ himself rose from the dead, and in the presence of many witnesses ascended into heaven. These marvelous events which must have filled the world with amazement, had they really occurred, were unknown to him. It was Philo who developed the doctrine of the Logos, or Word, and although this Word incarnate dwelt in that very land and in the presence of multitudes revealed himself and demonstrated his divine powers, Philo saw it not."

There was a historian named Justus of Tiberius who was a native of Galilee, the homeland of Jesus. He wrote a history covering the time when Christ supposedly lived. This history is now lost, but a ninth-century Christian scholar named Photius had read it and wrote: "He [Justus] makes not the least mention of the appearance of Christ, of what things happened to him, or of the wonderful works that he did." (Photius' Bibliotheca, code 33

I think this shows that there were people in the area who could picked up on the "Jesus Story" if it was occuring.
These are just 2 people I've quoted but Im sure there must been dozens who had the resources to have covered it.

Aha.
So that's where the silence came from? All these writers didnt want to rock their world? Gotcha.

That must have been why Paul had no idea of JC'S Birth, or his miracles or his Resurrection. It was all hushed up.

One of the writers who was alive during the time of Jesus was Philo Judaeus. John E. Remsburg, in The Christ, writes:

"Philo was born before the beginning of the Christian era, and lived until long after the reputed death of Christ. He wrote an account of the Jews covering the entire time that Christ is said to have existed on earth. He was living in or near Jerusalem when Christ's miraculous birth and the Herodian massacre occurred. He was there when Christ made his triumphal entry into Jerusalem. He was there when the crucifixion with its attendant earthquake, supernatural darkness, and resurrection of the dead took placewhen Christ himself rose from the dead, and in the presence of many witnesses ascended into heaven. These marvelous events which must have filled the world with amazement, had they really occurred, were unknown to him. It was Philo who developed the doctrine of the Logos, or Word, and although this Word incarnate dwelt in that very land and in the presence of multitudes revealed himself and demonstrated his divine powers, Philo saw it not."

There was a historian named Justus of Tiberius who was a native of Galilee, the homeland of Jesus. He wrote a history covering the time when Christ supposedly lived. This history is now lost, but a ninth-century Christian scholar named Photius had read it and wrote: "He [Justus] makes not the least mention of the appearance of Christ, of what things happened to him, or of the wonderful works that he did." (Photius' Bibliotheca, code 33

I think this shows that there were people in the area who could picked up on the "Jesus Story" if it was occuring.
These are just 2 people I've quoted but Im sure there must been dozens who had the resources to have covered it.

Good post. They don't teach you that in church.

Let's look at the 4 gospels currently in the bible.

The books of Mark and Luke were definetly not first hand accounts. Every theist will admit this.

That leaves us with two books which could possibly be first hand written accounts of Jesus:

Mathew, and John

If there are dozens of Writers in the vicinity then the story would have been told.
The only reason there is no evidence of it until the 2nd Century is that the evidence hadnt been thought up yet.

Last edited:
Good post. They don't teach you that in church.

Let's look at the 4 gospels currently in the bible.

The books of Mark and Luke were definetly not first hand accounts. Every theist will admit this.

That leaves us with two books which could possibly be first hand written accounts of Jesus:

Mathew, and John

As far as I know none of them are first hand accounts. John's far too late to have been a 1st hand account. Ditto Matthew I think.

Back