Developing Telepathy

Ricky Houy said:
I honestly don't know but they did a test on it with kids watching tv in one room sending messages to kids in another room the kids all where able to say about 40% or more of the video

Interesting, I would think results like that would get world-wide recogniztion and win a Nobel prize of some sort. What's the name of the show?

candy said:
Unbelievable 36 pages of rhetoric with no consensus. It seems that fiction may sumit up best.

"An infinite mystery is the Force. Much to learn, there still is." Master Yoda
from Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

Both sides seem so polarized that no exchange of ideas is possible. Scientific method should encourage the search for answers to the so far unexplained. That unusal events have occurred can be documented which is not the same as explaining the mechanism by which they have happened. Dismissing events as random chance is not using scientific research but rather an excuse not to persue an answer.

Candy, I agree that the scientific method shoudl search of answers to the unexplained. This thread is chalk full of claims of unusual events... none of which have been documented to even exist. Can't really attempt explanation of something that doesn't exist?

duendy said:
i know. but it is not PRODUCING consciouness. IT IS LIKE WHEN WE HAVE A GLASS OF WINE, OR TAKE A PSYCHEDELIC. YES, CONSCIOUSNESS changes, BUT IT HAS NOT BEEN MADE BY THE DRUG, NOR THE LABOTARY manipulaton

This is true, it doesn't produce conciousness. We're just not to that level of technology yet.

duendy said:
yo admit that science does NOT know, right? but your 'limbo' if you will----your not-knowing-at-present seems to defualt your expectation that SOMEday xyz WILL me measured....am i right? this is the impasse between you'll and 'us'. we do not believe in the fundamentalism of measurement, that at some 'future date' will simply measure everything

The 'expectation' in question is not something that was set by people. It's something that has been set by reality with evidence. If reality produced a contradiction then that expectation would change... so far this has not been the case. The biggest fundamental difference between 'us' that leads to situations like this is how we go about understanding reality. It's 'evidence' vs. 'belief'. Reality tends to validate the former and contradict the latter (thus serving as a point of evidence that 'belief' simply doesn't work for this purpose).

duendy said:
we also notice how our position is more open therefore to the research of anaomalous experience which we know science in its present materialistic-domiant approach is LIMITED to explain. ie., tere has to be a revolutionary leap. not 'more-measure'

I disagree. Heck I an even dig up an article for you about how OOBE's were researched in science and the results let to a discovery of how to reproduce it.

Crunchy Cat said:
The "Hara/Hara-Kiri" (suicide of the mind) joke whizzed right over. It was poking fun at 'belief'.

You are correct, I am here have conversation and learn. The conversation is already been beaten to the ground. Here are the points to learn from:

* 'Telepathy' / 'Spiritual Energy' are concepts created by humans
* There is no evidence to suggest 'Telepathy' / 'Spiritual Energy' exist in reality
* 'Belief' (or more correctly... 'Religious Belief') is the acceptance of assertions as true without taking supportive or contradictory evidence into consideration. It is based on emotional criteria
* 'Belief' is a self-chosen mental handicap that is fueled by the emotional euphoria of 'attractiveness', 'satisfaction', and 'fear'

These points aren't really new and this thread is a great validation of them.

Nice job of completely ignoring my question and being cryptic.

Do you know what hara means. If you do, can you provide an explanation that is understandable to others?

Or will you continue to spin and twist to avoid acknowledging my point? You dance quite well. This must 5 posts after my question about hara and you are still spinning here and there.

Crunchy Cat said:
Interesting, I would think results like that would get world-wide recogniztion and win a Nobel prize of some sort. What's the name of the show?

Well, it has a catch they would name object's they saw on the tv and stuff of that nature in the order they appeared.... but the con to it is that its not enough proof i can't recall the name to the show i saw it month's ago but i will search for the show you can also look for it your self as "telepathy used as a weapon" or "shows on telepathy" all the research was done at a university give me a few hours to find it

Happeh said:
Nice job of completely ignoring my question and being cryptic.

Do you know what hara means. If you do, can you provide an explanation that is understandable to others?

Or will you continue to spin and twist to avoid acknowledging my point? You dance quite well. This must 5 posts after my question about hara and you are still spinning here and there.

The joke may be more abstract than a the norm and I assure you that the question was never ignored (allghough I can explicitly list several posts that show the exact opposite... please let me know and I'll link them for your ease of reference). Let's do it the good old fashioned way. "Hara" in Japanese reffers to life force, the perverbial heart of a life, the soul... and it's consequently physically located in the stomach. "Hara-Kiri" is a ritualistic form of suicide. 'Belief' in "Hara" is the "Hara-Kiri" of the mind (... well technically 'Belief' is the "Hara-Kiri" of the mind) and a solution could be to have a hotline for that sort of thing (a mental suicide hotline!). Either way it's irrelevant to the simple request for evidence for the claims of 'Telepathy' and 'Spiritual Energy'.

Ricky Houy said:
Well, it has a catch they would name object's they saw on the tv and stuff of that nature in the order they appeared.... but the con to it is that its not enough proof i can't recall the name to the show i saw it month's ago but i will search for the show you can also look for it your self as "telepathy used as a weapon" or "shows on telepathy" all the research was done at a university give me a few hours to find it

Sure thing... much appreciated.

Crunchy Cat said:
The joke may be more abstract than a the norm and I assure you that the question was never ignored (allghough I can explicitly list several posts that show the exact opposite... please let me know and I'll link them for your ease of reference). Let's do it the good old fashioned way. "Hara" in Japanese reffers to life force, the perverbial heart of a life, the soul... and it's consequently physically located in the stomach. "Hara-Kiri" is a ritualistic form of suicide. 'Belief' in "Hara" is the "Hara-Kiri" of the mind Either way it's irrelevant to the simple request for evidence for the claims of 'Telepathy' and 'Spiritual Energy'.

Now wait a minute. You just said that Hara is the japanese reference to life force.

What is the difference between life force and spiritual energy?

What is the difference between life force, and the energy that all human beings possess?

Happeh said:
Now wait a minute. You just said that Hara is the japanese reference to life force.

The difference is the words. The similarity is they don't refer to anything that appears to exist.

Happeh said:
What is the difference between life force, and the energy that all human beings possess?

The difference is the words and the meaning. 'Life Force' is undefined... doesn't refer to anything that appears to exist. Energy exists and has a very clear meaning. Humans have energy (ex. chemical and electrical). A new form of energy being claimed (i.e. 'spiritual energy') doesn't have any evidence for it's existence.

You just said that Hara is the japanese reference to life force.

Hara is 'stomach' or 'to ladle' in Japanese.

stryder brought up an interesting subject about "non lethal weapons"
the cia's use of demux for telepathy. but that in my opinion is not true or unaided telepathy.

leopold99 said:
crunchy
sounds like an aruement ophiolite and buddha1 is having

there's no real argument in this case :). It's just the ol' "I have a claim" and the response "wheres the evidence" routine.

A belief system.

Crunchy Cat said:
"wheres the evidence" routine.
apparently he cannot figure out how to prove his claims
he was offered 1,000,000, pounds for some proof and he said he didn't have the proof. i told him how he could prove his claims with a double blind experiment but it apparently went over his head.

Zephyr said:
But somehow it managed to stretch out to 38 pages :eek:

It's a personal sacrafice to:

A) Give a valid claimer the opportunity to provide evidence.
B) Help people (directly or indirectly) distinguish between reality and fantasy.

The latter issue could be described as 'pendemic' in the U.S. alone.

leopold99 said:
apparently he cannot figure out how to prove his claims
he was offered 1,000,000, pounds for some proof and he said he didn't have the proof. i told him how he could prove his claims with a double blind experiment but it apparently went over his head.

Frustrating... aint it? :)

Zephyr said:
But somehow it managed to stretch out to 38 pages :eek:
page 1. i claim it is
2. i say it isn't
3. prove it is
4 prove it isn't
5 define it is
6 but i already said it isn't
7 prove it isn't
8 define what isn't
9 . . . and so on and so forth till we wind up here