Cult Evolution

Cult evolution well im not involved in any cult
i know sum people do get fully involved only to change later cause it seems to be an infatuation
sum stay with the churches for it seems ever
and they all bow to one god yet their faith goes to another whether they like it or not
but when its the end of the day we are still under one roof one sun one sky and there is only one world

but yet there are many gods who claim these one things
guess it dont matter what u believe in long as no one gets hurt

im alone for xmass am spending it with u guys if anyones there alone too
or i might play a game and watch a movie later i mean just another day to me

and merry xmass from australia hope u all have a great day and more to come

This had me laughing:

"Dr. Holden and his colleagues also believe that there is evidence for genetic racism in species other than humans. For example a yellow duckling that is observed commanding black ducklings to build a wall is proof of the theory they say."

I loved that part too, regardless of duck humor he does make a good argument for racism being nothing more than basic run-of-the-mill threat perception.

Then, it is the persistent forcing of myth and superstition as fact that would produce such behavior.

The resulting behavior is belief. While it may re-inforce racism and the other behaviors you mentioned... it is not the source.

I'm not sure I get the connection between the supernatural as a survival advantage and persistence?

If we were both uneducated dolts and you believed what I believed (lets say the IPU) then I would share my resources with you and increase your odds of reproduction (persistence).

You were correct, Sam was wrong. Evolution does in fact, "produce."

Evolution, in regards to speciation, "produces" new species.

I see adaptation being the producer (the process) and evolution being the progression / result. It might just be word semantics but I happened to agree with Sam in this one instance.

I can think of a good game for you to play. Just keep trying to throw your boomerang away.

If our ability to reason were continuously forced to accept the improbable and the irrational as fact, could we classify this as an environmental effect that might alter the brains ability to reason?

Yes, it is called "culture".

Survival should produce through evolution a natural altruistic worldview that supports cooperation, which attempts to benefit all parties concerned. Faith in mankind would take precedence over faith in gods.

I suspect such would be the case if humans had "intrinsic nature" and this nature would be "good".

I don't think this is the case.

ok
you and me babe
whats for dinner?

Die Gedanken sind frei, wer kann sie erraten,
sie fliegen vorbei wie nächtliche Schatten.
Kein Mensch kann sie wissen, kein Jäger erschießen
mit Pulver und Blei: Die Gedanken sind frei!

:shrug:

Das kann ich am Klavier spielen.

I disagree. Evolution does not "produce" anything. The benefits are retroactive to the diversity.

The "adaptation" is an inference after the fact.
Err... huh?

The frammistatic decoupling of the schlemflugger is what?

:mad:

Is evolution directed towards adaptation? Or speciation?

*sigh*

Evolution is not "directed" at anything. Absolutely undirected and purposeless. It just happens. Or it dosen't.

If a group of organisms in the tropics suddenly finds itself snowbound as the victim of horrific climate change due to a supernova going off 100 lightyears away, then either there will be an adaptive respponse or their won't. Meaning that if some members can just marginally tolerate the cold, and there are enough members left alive with this trait to make a viable breeding population, the organisms will have lucked out. Or they will go extinct - which is the fate of most species.

Over time, if enough adaptations accrue in isolated groups of organisms due to continual environmental stresses (including supernovae, volcanoes, other competing organisms, etc) then there may come a time when this group of organisms may be incabaple of breeding successfully with it's most recent common ancestors, wherever they may have wandered off to, evolutionarily speaking. They will then be a new species.

*sigh*

Evolution is not "directed" at anything. Absolutely undirected and purposeless. It just happens. Or it dosen't.

If a group of organisms in the tropics suddenly finds itself snowbound as the victim of horrific climate change due to a supernova going off 100 lightyears away, then either there will be an adaptive respponse or their won't. Meaning that if some members can just marginally tolerate the cold, and there are enough members left alive with this trait to make a viable breeding population, the organisms will have lucked out. Or they will go extinct - which is the fate of most species.

Over time, if enough adaptations accrue in isolated groups of organisms due to continual environmental stresses (including supernovae, volcanoes, other competing organisms, etc) then there may come a time when this group of organisms may be incabaple of breeding successfully with it's most recent common ancestors, wherever they may have wandered off to, evolutionarily speaking. They will then be a new species.

Exactly. :mad:

IOW:

Evolution does not "produce" anything. The benefits are retroactive to the diversity.

The "adaptation" is an inference after the fact.

Back