Chem-Trials over Las Vegas

You know what I see in that picture which does concern me? What appears to be a low level haze of smog. I find it really odd that people conjecture conspiracy theories about 'chemtrails' and their alleged harmful effects, when there are real clouds of unpleasant gas much closer!

That is a busy airlane though.

How can people complain about ANYTHING if they live in Las Vegas?

Dude, its Las Vegas.

phlogistician said:
You know what I see in that picture which does concern me? What appears to be a low level haze of smog. I find it really odd that people conjecture conspiracy theories about 'chemtrails' and their alleged harmful effects, when there are real clouds of unpleasant gas much closer!

That is a busy airlane though.

Indeed - it is very busy. And going back to what my ATC friend told me about about the traffic corridors, a glance at a U.S. map will quickly show you why that's so. He says practically ALL traffic in and out of California (LA, San Diego, San Fran, Sacramento, etc.) pass directly through the Las Vegas corridor. Also, everything from Louisiana west and the Northwestern quarter of U.S. states pass over it heading north and south.

It's the second busiest "intersection" in the country following Omaha, Nebraska. Give all that, the pictures aren't the least bit surprising.

Back