Celibacy .

I did NOT know you were a Catholic priest as I was referring to priests of course....:D .

i did refer to myself as a nun (in an unconventional sense), and i want to be a foster mom. does that count?

i didn't wear a habit, but i do have a jesus cheerleader uniform with purple and gold metallic pom poms.

:shrug:

i did refer to myself as a nun (in an unconventional sense), and i want to be a foster mom. does that count?

i didn't wear a habit, but i do have a Jesus cheerleader uniform with purple and gold metallic pom poms.

:shrug:
Good point though....we hear about priests abuses but NOT nuns' ones.....:D.

everything's still in order, and we're not using contraceptives. if i wasn't willing to have a child with this man i wouldn't be having sex with him. if god wants to give us a child, we'll have a child. and he will make a wonderful father, and i a mother.

i really trust god. and it feels really good...freedom, and confidence. i'm not worried about a thing.

if i were still trying to do things my way...the way i've done in the past when i was younger...then i would be worried with good reason.

What about your plans for the future? If you do have a child, or more, is there a point where you see yourself as not having sex anymore or begin using contraceptives?

What about your plans for the future? If you do have a child, or more, is there a point where you see yourself as not having sex anymore or begin using contraceptives?

my plans? go with the flow. i guess if i were younger and faced with the possibility of popping out 15 kids by the time i reached menopause i might feel differently, but that's not an option now. i want to be a foster mom too.

my plans? go with the flow. i guess if i were younger and faced with the possibility of popping out 15 kids by the time i reached menopause i might feel differently, but that's not an option now. i want to be a foster mom too.
Welcome to the world of the non celibate....you will enjoy every second of it...:D .

why is this always more important for men?

the man card...:rolleyes:

why is having a wife statistically more important for men?
if you think im saying sex is more important for men your wrong, however various studies have shown that men in a commited relationship live longer and that men are more likly to die with in a year of losing a partner through death, divorce ect (to the point that its as great a risk factor as smoking).

Why is this?

Well it most likly has to do with social networking. Women statistically have a much wider social network than men do. In fact for a lot of men (and my father is a good example of this) there friends are compleatly dependent on their partner (ie they are the husbands of the wife's friends). Studies have shown time and again the protective effects of having a social network for mental health and mental illness (paticually anxiaty disorders and depression) have a strongly depressing influence on immune responce (for instance Auto immune diseases are shown to strike more often in people with anxiaty and depression when compared to the general population, cold sores and colds both have been shown to strike most often in people under stress ect).

I wasnt dismissing the importance of sex and relationships for women but they are even more important for mens health.

why is having a wife statistically more important for men?
if you think im saying sex is more important for men your wrong, however various studies have shown that men in a commited relationship live longer and that men are more likly to die with in a year of losing a partner through death, divorce ect (to the point that its as great a risk factor as smoking).

Why is this?

Well it most likly has to do with social networking. Women statistically have a much wider social network than men do. In fact for a lot of men (and my father is a good example of this) there friends are compleatly dependent on their partner (ie they are the husbands of the wife's friends). Studies have shown time and again the protective effects of having a social network for mental health and mental illness (paticually anxiaty disorders and depression) have a strongly depressing influence on immune responce (for instance Auto immune diseases are shown to strike more often in people with anxiaty and depression when compared to the general population, cold sores and colds both have been shown to strike most often in people under stress ect).

I wasnt dismissing the importance of sex and relationships for women but they are even more important for mens health.

that's interesting. i never really considered that before, but it's true. most men don't have support systems like most women do.

that's interesting. i never really considered that before, but it's true. most men don't have support systems like most women do.

Men usually sulk, cry and if it does not work for them they turn to booze, drugs or both.....silly men...:wallbang:

Men usually sulk, cry and if it does not work for them they turn to booze, drugs or both.....silly men...:wallbang:

it's nice to be needed. even given women's "support systems", i'm convinced that all most women really want is to be valued by a man.

i expect some backlash for this comment, but i stand by it. ;)

it's nice to be needed. even given women's "support systems", i'm convinced that all most women really want is to be valued by a man.

i expect some backlash for this comment, but i stand by it. ;)
We all men and women need to be needed because we are still babies and do refuse to grow........momy......daddy......:D:D.

We all men and women need to be needed because we are still babies and do refuse to grow........momy......daddy......:D:D.

nah...it's inherent...the desire for communion. i think you have to achieve a certain level of maturity and independence before that can even happen in a healthy way.

you can't compare that kind of relationship with a child/parent relationship. that would be kinda sicko, you know?

ops, after reading Lori_7's quote of my post i realised i made a mistake. Where it says "male sexual health" it SHOULD read "male MENTAL health". Sorry for the confusion
Why apologize ?. It seems everyone thinks sexual instead of mental......it is in the genes.....:) .

It is too difficult for me .
People are different .
Life is complex .
When people try to control other people's lives they end up damaging lots of souls .
:D .

When who tries to control other people's lives?

Originally Posted by PsychoticEpisode
I've practiced celibacy at least a 1000 times. Wasn't too difficult.

It is too difficult for me .
People are different .
Life is complex .
When people try to control other people's lives they end up damaging lots of souls .
:D .

Mike...Just a joke...I stopped having sex after each time I had sex. The moment between sexual encounters was my celibate mode, whether I wanted it or not. Someone asked famous American comic actor WC Fields if he could quit drinking and he answered that it was easy to quit drinking because he'd done it a thousand times. Usually after he went unconscious.

Back