• Yes, it is a compliment

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • No, it is objectification

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other opinion (post it)

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the women who get the attention are liking it and the women who do not...are like this gal here...

hooters_protest.jpg

(I know everyone seen it)

Thats true. Dont know where people get that idea from.:eek:

Don't be silly, the wolf whistle and the catcall are attention seeking behaviours; a man who is comfortable with his sexuality and himself does not need validation from random women to feel more masculine.

Not true, sexual harassment is a power equation, it has very little to do with sex.

I doubt guys make catcalls toward girls to feel powerful. If you ask me, they do it because they think the girls are attractive (you know, considering it's only done to attractive women). Maybe I'm not thinking outside the box? This all seems pretty straight-forward to me.

Sam: Would you rather receive the odd catcall walking down the street, or constantly be ignored? Many women claim they hate catcalls and unsolicited attention until they're routinely ignored. A case of "any kind of attention is better than no attention"? I'm sure even somebody as independent and confident as yourself would fiend for that catcall after never warranting a second look from your average joe for long enough.

Because they do it to you? Hah! I've SEEN women covered head to toe get catcalls, you can see it yourself in the video. They are calling those girls "halawa" without ever having seen their face. They know the limits, lifting the veil of a strange woman is gross impertinence, so they won't cross that line, but that does not stop them from making suggestive moves and sounds.

I doubt guys make catcalls toward girls to feel powerful. If you ask me, they do it because they think the girls are attractive (you know, considering it's only done to attractive women). Maybe I'm not thinking outside the box? This all seems pretty straight-forward to me.

Sam: Would you rather receive the odd catcall walking down the street, or constantly be ignored? Many women claim they hate catcalls and unsolicited attention until they're routinely ignored. A case of "any kind of attention is better than no attention"? I'm sure even somebody as independent and confident as yourself would fiend for that catcall after never warranting a second look from your average joe for long enough.

I don't know why this is so hard to believe. A cultural difference? In India, catcalls and whistles are restricted to what we call roadside Romeos, useless men with too much time on hand and not enough to do. Its not the mark of a respectable man.

Last edited:
Well men in Canada don't act like that. I have never in all my yrs seen that, heard of anyone that was done too, or had it done to me.

The men here might whistle, beep the horn, wink, wave......but it's all pretty innocent.

Whatever, I don't mind it. It happens on the odd occassion. You are making such a big deal out of nothing.

If someone grabbed me or touched me that is a different issue. But we are talking about simple cat calling.........not blocking a woman on the street and harrassing her. That is
WAYYYYYYYYYYYY over the line.

Its a big deal in Indian society. Standing around whistling at women is not something that is considered acceptable. I'm curious, if you saw nietszche or your son doing it to other women/girls, would you consider it innocent?

I don't know why this is so hard to believe. A cultural difference? In India, catcalls and whistles are restricted to what we call roadside Romeos, useless men with too much time on hand and not enough to do. Its not the mark of a respectable man.

Don't worry - I agree that it's not a respectful or decent gesture. It speaks volumes about the character of the man who partakes in such commentary. I'm simply trying to argue that it's not exactly "objectification" (at least, to the degree you and Bells describe it as), nor is it a compliment (to most women, I'm assuming).

Besides, what are you doing up so early? You'd better be praying fajr!

oh please SAM I been to Indian stores...they got movies and shows on tv were men wink and whistle at women while singing at the blazing beauties blush and it is all appropriate...indian men just dont whistle at non-hot girls

hey%20baby.jpg

It would piss me off because he shouldn't be whistling at other women as long as I am around. If he was single he could do what he wanted. He isn't the type though, too shy for that.

My son....hmmm He is still to young for that kind of thing. I don't know what he will do when I am not around and he is older. I won't be teaching him that it is appropriate behaviour. The way the girls seem to be so aggressive over here, they seem to be doing the chasing and the whistling.

It would piss me off because he shouldn't be whistling at other women as long as I am around. If he was single he could do what he wanted. He isn't the type though, too shy for that.

My son....hmmm He is still to young for that kind of thing. I don't know what he will do when I am not around and he is older. I won't be teaching him that it is appropriate behaviour. The way the girls seem to be so aggressive over here, they seem to be doing the chasing and the whistling.

Hmm so if you came upon nietzsche whistling and telling a girl about her great tits and ass and the girl blushed and smiled at the compliment, its not innocent, but when you blush and consider it a compliment, it is? Why can't he pay compliments to other girls?

oh please SAM I been to Indian stores...they got movies and shows on tv were men wink and whistle at women while singing at the blazing beauties blush and it is all appropriate...indian men just dont whistle at non-hot girls

You believe everything you see in the movies, huh?

See roadside Romeos

Back