Can Robots Make Ethical Decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Origonaly posted by cluelusshusbund
Is free will somptin you'r glad you have.???

Ya its probably the only thing which you can use against fate.

How do you use it agans fate.???

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
What scientific subatomic theory is based on deductions and speculation.???

You can find many skeptics of the quantum theories, special relativity and the standard model of matter on which modern physics is built.

Skeptics are a dime a dozen escept for the ones who can walk-the-walk wit facts... an i still dont know of any subatomic scientific theory which is based on deductons an speculaton.!!!

Origonaly posted by cluelusshusbund
Is free will somptin you'r glad you have.???

“ Ya its probably the only thing which you can use against fate. ”

How do you use it agans fate.???

Remember it was only about yes and no. And I said yes.

What do you mean by "fate".???

Skeptics are a dime a dozen escept for the ones who can walk-the-walk wit facts... an i still dont know of any subatomic scientific theory which is based on deductons an speculaton.!!!

The people who I'm talking about can give models on par with the established ones but are still called cranks.... You can't really understand what I'm talking about as you have no background with physics.
And fate is something about where are you are born rich or poor, healthy or disabled. Basically something which you have no control over. Something almost all of us detest some of the times...... A brutal taskmaster whose job is to test the will power.

You can't really understand what I'm talking about as you have no background with physics.

Well nevermind then.!!!

And fate is something about where are you are born rich or poor, healthy or disabled. Basically something which you have no control over.

I thank humans are totaly controled by genes/enviroment... do you ever do anythang that ant influenced by you'r genes or enviroment.???
[/QUOTE]

Well nevermind then.!!!

I thank humans are totaly controled by genes/enviroment... do you ever do anythang that ant influenced by you'r genes or enviroment.???
The genes and environment are also part of this fate....."You" were probably born as a healthy person but what if you were not? The "you" I'm referring to is the soul not the body. Your soul cannot control where you'll be incarnated on the mortal coil probably. I can cite many examples from my own life of my actions which are not influenced by my genes/environment. I refrain to kill even trees,insects or animals. I do not so because of this weird feeling in my chest which occurs whenever I kill a living thing be that a human or an insect. Nobody has ever told me that it is wrong to do so and I do not think that I got this sort of thingy from my genes either.

Your soul cannot control where you'll be incarnated on the mortal coil probably. ”

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
What is a "mortal coil".???

...do you ever do anythang that ant influenced by you'r genes or enviroment.???

“ I can cite many examples from my own life of my actions which are not influenced by my genes/environment. ”

Give a specific esample.!!!

Right now under my desk I can see an ant which I won't crush.

But the very genes you have is what allowed you to see the ant... an the fact that you'r enviroment contaned an ant was a cause in you'r typin what you did... so how was you'r reply to me not influended by you'r genes an enviroment.???

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
What is a "mortal coil".???

...do you ever do anythang that ant influenced by you'r genes or enviroment.???

Give a specific esample.!!!

But the very genes you have is what allowed you to see the ant... an the fact that you'r enviroment contaned an ant was a cause in you'r typin what you did... so how was you'r reply to me not influended by you'r genes an enviroment.???

But its up to me to kill it or not.

But its up to me to kill it or not.

What do you mean by "me"... you'r sole.???

Originally Posted by anuraganimax
Your soul cannot control where you'll be incarnated on the mortal coil probably. ” ”

posted by cluelusshusbund
Do you not want to tell me what a "mortal coil" is.???

No, at least it's highly improbable. They would need artifical feelings and nerves which would be near impossible to inject or put into a robotic being.

in order for robots to make ethical decisions means that we have to understand the electronics of their program , aside from the program of ethics built into their program

could not a situation arise where the program of ethics was stressed to the point where the electronics learned and therefore changed the response of the robot to a situation

hence thought , outside the box so to speak

I know this may seem irrelevent

playing a chess game many yrs ago , and after playing the same move , several times , the chess game finally anticipated my move , it learned:confused:;)

What do you mean by "me"... you'r sole.???

Originally Posted by anuraganimax
Your soul cannot control where you'll be incarnated on the mortal coil probably. ” ”

posted by cluelusshusbund
Do you not want to tell me what a "mortal coil" is.???

By mortal coil I meant the physical and material world we reside in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back