Can Robots Make Ethical Decisions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A robot can not make ethical decisions as it merely takes orders and applies them . There are some factories that run mainly by computers . The programmers insert the programs and the machines follow . If you order the machine to make a hole of an inch it will but if you make a mistake and you type 5o inches instead of 5 inches the machine will give you a work of 50 inches and not 5 inches .......etc . Computer Numerical Control is an excellent technology and it is used world wide these days .

“ organics in any form can change its form and does ”

organics in any form do change... but only humans have evolved to a pont whare som changes can be considered "self-directed".!!!

yes

now if metal machanics can and does the same thing , where does this leave , life > the inventor of the metal mechanical machine ?

Origionaly posted by cluelusshusbund
Machines are evolvin at a much faster pace than humans.!!!

with of course help from Humans

Wit a lot of help from humans... lol.!!!

Origonaly posted by cluelusshusbund
organics in any form do change... but only humans have evolved to a pont whare som changes can be considered "self-directed".!!!

yes
now if metal machanics can and does the same thing , where does this leave , life > the inventor of the metal mechanical machine ?

In a couple hundred years "humans" will have evolved into those machines... an jus like earlier versons of humans... "we" (as we are now) will have basicly gone extinct.!!!

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
..........new thangs can also be learned by "accident/dum-luck".!!!

Or tapping into your intuition.

What do you mean by "intuition" an how do you tap into it.???

Do you beleive thers an "entity" which is the cause of consciousness bein "inbuilt" into livin organisms.??? ”

Originally Posted by anuraganimax
"Yes thats what I believe in."

"Unfortunately I have no answer for you if you ask what "free will" is and from where it originates."

"It seems this "free will" is the key difference between a living and a non living thing and is a consequence of having a soul."

"You" were probably born as a healthy person... The "you" I'm referring to is the soul not the body."

"...when my will power is weak I am capable of performing despicable acts. And no one is to blame except for myself in that case."

oK... so you beleive God put the "consciousness" of a sole into humans... an fate is somptin the sole has no control over... an our genes and environment are a part of fate... an you'r glad you have "free-will" but you dont know what it is or what a sole is... but you know free will is a "consequence of having a soul" an is probably the only thing which you can use against fate".!!!

Are you'r beleifs part of a organized religion or did you figer this stuff out on you'r own.???

Anyhow... i thank i see why you dont beleive "consciousness" coud be duplicated... cause only a "God" coud understan you'r ideas of what "consciousness" is.???

Last edited:
ppl who dont get why computers/machines could feel like human is cause they can't see the big picture.

Why dont u people make a debate for it?

You know,facts and pure logic.

Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
..........new thangs can also be learned by "accident/dum-luck".!!!

What do you mean by "intuition" an how do you tap into it.???

Do you beleive thers an "entity" which is the cause of consciousness bein "inbuilt" into livin organisms.??? ”

oK... so you beleive God put the "consciousness" of a sole into humans... an fate is somptin the sole has no control over... an our genes and environment are a part of fate... an you'r glad you have "free-will" but you dont know what it is or what a sole is... but you know free will is a "consequence of having a soul" an is probably the only thing which you can use against fate".!!!

Are you'r beleifs part of a organized religion or did you figer this stuff out on you'r own.???
The tone of your post sounds like I owe you an explanation.

Anyhow... i thank i see why you dont beleive "consciousness" coud be duplicated... cause only a "God" coud understan you'r ideas of what "consciousness" is.???
That seems to be the case.

Are you'r beleifs part of a organized religion or did you figer this stuff out on you'r own.??? ”

The tone of your post sounds like I owe you an explanation.

Thanks... you'r replys are helpin me to understan you'r positon about robots an ethical decisons.!!!

“ Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
Anyhow... i thank i see why you dont beleive "consciousness" coud be duplicated... cause only a "God" coud understan you'r ideas of what "consciousness" is.??? ”

That seems to be the case.

Thanks agan... an 1 other thang... what do you mean by "intuition" an how do you tap into it.???

Are you'r beleifs part of a organized religion or did you figer this stuff out on you'r own.??? ”

Thanks... you'r replys are helpin me to understan you'r positon about robots an ethical decisons.!!!

“ Originally Posted by cluelusshusbund
Anyhow... i thank i see why you dont beleive "consciousness" coud be duplicated... cause only a "God" coud understan you'r ideas of what "consciousness" is.??? ”

Thanks agan... an 1 other thang... what do you mean by "intuition" an how do you tap into it.???

Lets leave that for some other day..... Adios.

Lets leave that for some other day..... Adios

Good idea... this ant a very good place or thred to discuss issues pertainin to robots an ethical decisons such as consciousness an free-wil ect... mayb we will somday meet on the mortal coil an God will esplane it all.!!!

Good-by to yout to... its been fun :)

Am the most fit for a debate bout AI,none could beat me.
:)

I can't disagree with your premise. The term is strong AI. That is developing a computer wherein it can speak having an intelligence and behavior similar to a human.

The blue brain project director Henry Markram says whole brain simulation can be done in 10 years. The Swiss are funding most if not all of the blue brain project.

The blue brain project director Henry Markram says whole brain simulation can be done in 10 years. The Swiss are funding most if not all of the blue brain project.

I thank "consciousness" is meerly the sum of its organic parts an nuthin mor... an that humans have evolved to a pont to be able to ponder the issue but not fully except the illusion that consciousness curently is... an the people who are searchin for consciousness as if its an entity unto itself will be jus as successful as sombody walkin thru a giant clock searchin for time.!!!

Last edited:
A Robot can simulate an inteligent decition but i would never use the human...

...IMAGINATION ! ! !...A machine can simulate ower cualities but no more :)

Another interesting question is can humans make ethical decisions?

Yes thats been discussed a bit in this thred... an whats determined to be "ethical" is in the eye of the beholder... an a AI equal in intellegence to a "human" will make ethical decisons jus as controversial as humans do now.!!!

Welcom to the groop :)

One of my favourite examples of Ethics versus Logic comes from 'The Two Faces of Tomorrow'.

They're trying to 'grow' an artificial intelligence.
First the get it used to a simulated environment.
Then they introduce a simulated pet dog.
They give the simulated pet dog simulated fleas, and tell the AI to deal with it.
The solution? The AI puts the dog in the oven - nobody had told it the dog had to survive the treatment, and it was the most effective method of killing the fleas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back