Bible contradictions

You're definitely Spiritually blind Snake, it's quite obvious.

That's fair enough I suppose.

Any chance you could take a day off from pointless one-liners and actually provide explanations? Take into account that I have used jesus' own words. Go on.. explain it.

You know what I think? I think, (yes I'm qualified), that you give those pointless one liners because you're A) Not intelligent enough to give a proper answer, and B) You couldn't give an answer even if you were intelligent. I asbolutely dare you to show that I'm wrong. If you manage it I'll eat my hat.

I am glad we both agree that life has value--or our soul has value. You can burn your whole body and lose all your limbs, what matters is that you still have your soul.

When you talk about killing, what in the Bible are you talking about--The Old Testament clearly says, "Thou shalt not kill." Its referring to the value of life. This command was written by the same author as the other parts of the Pentateuch (Moses inspired by God). You don't think Moses would have realized that would be a contradiction? Thus proving that Moses did not write a book based on his own observations.

Ask yourself did these events occur or not? If they did occur, it only adds credibility to the Bible.

Its like your saying that those who went to kill Hilter were simply outrageous if they killed others on the way--they had no right and were just blinding killing them. Clearly they had a purpose to kill Hilter, and no one was going to stop them.

God has a purpose. What do you think His purpose was, what is He trying to teach us?

What purpose do you think God had?

"The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD.”

God's purpose, in the Bible, for thousands of years and for millions of people was to teach His own people to kill each other, without mercy, over failures to keep the Law perfectly, or in other words, for sin. But, according to Paul, it is supposed to be impossible to ever keep the Law perfectly. He teaches that no one has ever done it and that this is why we need Jesus, right? So, people were routinely killed, by Law, for failing to do the impossible? And this was called justice? The Old Testament indeed does say, "Thou shalt not kill." Great! I happen to agree with this! And it is because I agree with this that I disagree with the Laws in the Old Testament that demanded that “Thou shalt kill”. This is yet another contradiction!

I am not talking about God Himself killing anyone at the moment. That is a completely different discussion. Nor am I talking about God changing either. I am talking about a change in morality itself. What was supposed to be a “moral” killing in the Old Testament becomes “immoral” in the New. Well, if that is so then it never should have been commanded by God in the first place.

I am talking about the fact that God, through His Law, knowing full well that His people were incapable of doing what He had commanded them to do, still commanded His own people to kill one another over failures to keep the Law perfectly. He did not kill them, He turned His own people against His own people. He placed the decision and the stone in their flawed hands. Well, if they were incapable of keeping the Law perfectly then they also had to have been incapable of carrying out the sentence of the Law perfectly as well. How many innocent children died because of human mistakes?

Here are just a few examples...

Leviticus 20:9
9'If there is anyone who curses his father or his mother, he shall surely be put to death; he has cursed his father or his mother, his bloodguiltiness is upon him.

No mercy, no forgiveness, only death!

Leviticus 21:9
A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death.

No mercy, no forgiveness, only death!

2 Chronicles 15:12-13
They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman.

Serve the God of Israel or die! Hmmm… This is just like all of those “evil” faiths. Hmmm… I wonder?

Zechariah 13:3
If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord." When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.

Kill your child for prophesying!

Deuteronomy 22:20-21
But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst.

Stone girls to death who cannot prove that they are virgins! What kind of family values are these?

Deuteronomy 13:7-12
If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.

If these things were ever right then they are right now! And if these things are wrong now then they were wrong then.

This is what the God of the Bible taught His people. This is the kind of society He created and these are the family values that He embedded deep within each of them to live and to kill by. In this kind of “beautiful” family you were afraid of your own mother, and father, and sister, and brother, and friend, and relative, because any of them might kill you or have you killed if you sinned. What a loving family! What a righteous example for the rest of the world to follow.

Exodus 31:12-15
The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.'

Mow the lawn on the Sabbath and you must die!

Did they actually do this? Yes!

Numbers 15:32-36
32 While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Pick up sticks on the Sabbath and die! That is how extreme this insanity is.

You have to kill or you are cursed!

Jeremiah 48:10
Cursed be he who does the Lords work remissly, cursed he who holds back his sword from blood.

I have to fix one of my son’s glasses. Gotta Go!

God Bless!

Hey Skin, you seek contradictions in the Bible, and yet you say it's not real history anyway, so why bother, or do you think it's real history? You are double-minded on this.

M*W: The bible is not real history which may explain all the contradictions therein.

We think you are sadly deluded in all honesty. You aren't here to be enlightened. You are here and arguing because you are insecure, and it shows. Good day, peace be with your restless soul.

M*W: My your soul become restless so the truth will be revealed to you.

M*W--how many times do I have to repeat myself? You see why preacher's preach? Its because people don't listen the first time you tell them.

M*W: People who don't listen, like christians on this forum, is because they believe they've found the truth. For those of us who have seen both sides don't usually remain christian. For those who know christianity but who listen with understanding instead of blind eyes, the door will open to their finding the truth. For those who are atheists never go back.

I don't know what rituals and traditions you have confused with Christianity, but it is sad--what made you believe (and it is a belief) that the Bible was lies?

M*W: Reading, listening, understanding, and finding the truth out for myself. It's very clear what the truth is, but only you can see it if you open your eyes. Christians, for the most part, don't open their eyes to anything but what they've already been programmed to believe.

And please don't tell me what my motives were for coming into this forum. That is you preaching at me.

M*W: I asked you why you came here. I still want to know the truth. Can you answer that?

Besides if you have found truth which I clearly asked you for and you clearly claimed, what is it?

M*W: I don't have time to answer this just now. I just got home from a short vacation, and I am backlogged. Ask me again later, and when I have time, I will answer it.

What really amazes me is that you think I am sheltered, when in truth, I am far from being sheltered. Instead, I have gone out of my comfort box to seek truth. What about the world do I need to know?

M*W: Yes, you are sheltered mentally, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Christians are made to believe that this world is an evil place, because Jesus' kingdom was "not of this world." Look at the world today. Unless you become one with the universe, you are truly sheltered, in fact, smothered.

Ancient writers, such as Ecclesiasticus, Josephus, Philo, and Origen were essentially in full agreement that the Pentateuch was written solely by Moses. Polyhistor, Manetho and Tacitus referenced him. The Mishnah and the Talmud also confirm this.

M*W: Great writers, maybe, but what did they know at the time they lived? Even their works can't be taken as literal in modern times. Much information has been refuted.

You know I am not trying to attack you but present you with a challenge. Is what you discovered really truth?

M*W: Remind me of this question later on toward the end of the week.

Why should I trust the AJA and BAS with truth? Of course people have tried to discredit the Bible since the dawn of its printing

M*W: Why? Because archeologists are not credible unless they can scientifically identify and document their findings in an unbiased and truthful way. If an archeologist publishes something that is biased, he will be exposed immediately by his peer-reviewing colleagues. The purpose of archeology is not to create an historic scenario, it is to provide research determination of the evidence one has collected, but it is not his/her job to say this religion is true or this one is not. In science, it is difficult to prove what is, but it is much easier to prove what isn't.

P.S. Moses is also an important figure in Islam, Judaism, Mormonism, Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bahá'í Faith. Isn't it interesting how nearly all religions are based off the truths of God's Word?

M*W: Biblical scholars and archeologists have been saying unbiasedly for years that Moses imphatically could not have written the Torah. The religions you mentioned are of the same mindset as christians. Moses is here, Moses is there, but there is no evidence of a Hebrew Moses, and there is no evidence of an Exodus. Scholarly evidence suggests that Moses was an Egyptian pharaoh of the 18th dynasty and was a sun-worshipper. That's the scholarly evidence that has been well-researched, well-published, thoroughly peer-reviewed with conclusive evidence of no "Moses" as written about in ancient literature.

It's intresting how scholars will go out of their way to contradict the bible and look under every rock to do it and end what's under the rock, I guess, must count for something. They always believe what they found under the rock. I think they figure if they had to search to find it, it must be the truth.

"This superficial discrepancy, of course, is beautifully resolved in the wonderful truth of the Tri-une Godhead, and was specifically clarified by the Lord Jesus Christ, when He said:

'No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him (John 1:18).'

That is, whenever the omnipresent, invisible God has deigned to appear to men, He has done so in the person of His eternal Son, who is "the image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15).

Since the Son is, indeed, "in the form of God—equal with God" (Philippians 2:6), He is omnipotent and can surely assume the form of an angel or a man or even a burning bush (note Exodus 3:2-6), when He so wills. Thus men have on occasion in the past, actually seen God. It was not God in His essential tri-une glory, of course, but rather God declared and manifested as God the eternal Son, forever "in the bosom of the Father" (John 1:18), yet eternally going forth" (Micah 5:2) to manifest the Godhead."

http://www.icr.org/article/783/

So, if I understand correctly, you are saying that “No man hath seen God at any time” but really, “men have on occasion in the past, actually seen God”.

Excuse me just a second... part of my brain just shorted out! It must either be God's judgement on me, or a transporter failure, or something else.

Thanks!

It's intresting how scholars will go out of their way to contradict the bible and look under every rock to do it and end what's under the rock, I guess, must count for something. They always believe what they found under the rock. I think they figure if they had to search to find it, it must be the truth.

M*W: Obviously, you did not read or comprehend my post. Archeologists and biblical scholars do not set out to prove anything one way or the other. That would be professional death. They set out to find, date, research, interpret and publish their conclusions whatever they may be. If there is any part of this you don't understand, please let me know.

So, if I understand correctly, you are saying that “No man hath seen God at any time” but really, “men have on occasion in the past, actually seen God”.

Excuse me just a second... part of my brain just shorted out! It must either be God's judgement on me, or a transporter failure, or something else.

Thanks!

M*W: As you know, there are many references in the OT&NT that refer to "seeing god," or the "face of god," etc. If one understands that "god" refers to the sun, and interprets it in that way, in that the bible is about ancient sun worship, then all would be understood that its all just an ancient myth anthropomorphized.

M*W: People who don't listen, like christians on this forum, is because they believe they've found the truth. For those of us who have seen both sides don't usually remain christian. For those who know christianity but who listen with understanding instead of blind eyes, the door will open to their finding the truth. For those who are atheists never go back.

Do you know what an Atheist is? If you go by your profile you are not an Atheist.

M*W: I asked you why you came here. I still want to know the truth. Can you answer that?

Maybe he likes it here. Why are you here at a science forum? Let the Administrator (who added a Religion sub-forum) decide who should be here and who should not.

M*W: Yes, you are sheltered mentally, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Christians are made to believe that this world is an evil place, (NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE) because Jesus' kingdom was "not of this world." Look at the world today. Unless you become one with the universe, you are truly sheltered, in fact, smothered.

How are you ONE with the universe and Christians, Jew's and Muslim's are not?

M*W: Great writers, maybe, but what did they know at the time they lived? Even their works can't be taken as literal in modern times. Much information has been refuted.

And what do you know about the times they lived in (over 2000 years ago)?
Refuted by who and by what magical process? Dont send me to a link to some archeological site home page, give actual data.

M*W: Why? Because archeologists are not credible unless they can scientifically identify and document their findings in an unbiased and truthful way. If an archeologist publishes something that is biased, he will be exposed immediately by his peer-reviewing colleagues. The purpose of archeology is not to create an historic scenario, it is to provide research determination of the evidence one has collected, but it is not his/her job to say this religion is true or this one is not. In science, it is difficult to prove what is, but it is much easier to prove what isn't.

Exposed how? You seem to know everything about these ancient people right down to the color they painted their toe nails yet you tell everyone that the books written at the time or say 1800 years closer than modern times are all bullshit.

Again, tell us the criteria and how this magical ability was attained, but tell us in your own words. Be as specific as possible and tell us the methods. Then tell us about your own credentials beyond visiting the vatican and not being able to find Jesus etc. etc. we have been hearing about it for five years allready.

M*W: Biblical scholars and archeologists have been saying unbiasedly for years that Moses imphatically could not have written the Torah. The religions you mentioned are of the same mindset as christians. Moses is here, Moses is there, but there is no evidence of a Hebrew Moses, and there is no evidence of an Exodus. Scholarly evidence suggests that Moses was an Egyptian pharaoh of the 18th dynasty and was a sun-worshipper. That's the scholarly evidence that has been well-researched, well-published, thoroughly peer-reviewed with conclusive evidence of no "Moses" as written about in ancient literature.

What evidence M*W? I am not being flippant or discounting the field and all the good it does but archeology\archeologist's is not there to simply promote someones propoganda.

The truth will set you free.

Last edited:
What evidence M*W? I am not being flippant or discounting the field and all the good it does but archeology\archeologist's is not there to simply promote someones propoganda.

M*W: That's exactly what I said in my post. You must have missed it.

What do you mean, "what evidence?"

Speaking of Bible contradictions, IAC directly contradicts the Bible with his Global Flood Model (I know we are all agreed on this issue, but it's still fun to point out its many absurities :D )

According to IAC the water for the flood was supplied by tons of magma magically, out of nowhere, thrusting up out of the mid-ocean ridge (I know, absurd).

How did the waters recede? Apparently, the ocean sunk which somehow cause the mountains to rise. Meaning, none of the flood water was actually lost, the earth just magically reshaped itself to the water already there.

Of course, IAC's model directly contradicts the Bible version of how the waters receded:

Gen 8:1-2
8:1 Then God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the animals that were with him in the ark. And God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters subsided.
NKJV

Hmmmmmm. No talk of oceans sinking and mountains magically rising in the Bible. The waters subsided by simply evaporating from God farting on it!!! So IAC directly contradicts the Bible in order to scientifically rationalize an absurd hypothesis which is supposed to be based on the Bible!

IAC also claims that no mountains existed pre-flood. Only "high hills." The mountains, he claims, were created after the flood (ocean sinking - mountains rising). That's funny, because this idea contradicts the Bible directly as well:

Gen 7:18-20
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered. 20 The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.
NKJV

Uh-Ohhhhhh. Apparently, IAC forget to read verse 20 which states that mountains already existed before the flood. What does all this mean? It means that the flood in the Bible was much more likely a local flood than a deluge, since all of mankind was highly concentrated anyway.

What tools do you use to determine whether a text is inspired by men, or inspired by God?

The following are my sole thoughts and do not reflect any form of reality; only a perspective.

The Ten Commandments are the basis for the Bible. The Ten Commandments state Thou Shalt Not Speak In Gods Name. The Bible, and Qura'n both speak in God's name. Therefore both the Bible and the Qura'n are sins. Therefore both the Bible and the Qura'n are works of men, not works of God.

Many peoples do not believe in God or a higher power; thus the term atheist. Perspectives are how we look at things we have little hope of truly understanding. Some people lack the desire to exercise their minds in this way, others are manipulated into blind faith, and yet others are incapable of thinking at this level of complexity. Having absolute faith and atheism are flip sides to the same coin.

I suspect that nothing that I seem to know will ever be fully correct. Consistently throughout my life, what has been taught to be true, almost always fails under certain conditions; one of many weaknesses of human understanding. Particularly weak is our ability to communicate. Written and spoken language is inconsistently related to emotional understanding. The same words read by 100 people can have 10 different interpretations and each of them 10 different shades in emotional quality. Even in the strict language of mathematics, interpretation is required depending upon the context. 8 + 6 = 2 ... when you are relating Meridien time.

With my present tools for assessing unknowns, I currently have little hope of truly knowing what the will of God is, or that my path is legitimate; regardless of the path that I choose. I suspect that I am missing a tool for determining what has the hope of being inspired by God, and what is simply wishful thinking, or deceiptful political manipulation. Such is the basis why I am asking this question.

What tools do you use? Deductive Reasoning, ....

----

Just because an intelligent individual has a greater grasp of the interactions of circular logic related to a set of confined information, doesn't mean they are any closer to Gods intentions. It simply means they are skilled in manipulating their interpretations of that set of information, so that it can be loosely related to arbitrary situations. Politicians use this technique all the time.

The Student: A square has four sides. The Teacher: No the square is only a line if you look at it from the side. This is commonly how political leaders seduce themselves and their followers. A square is a definition, whether you look at it from the side or not; it is not directly related to the real world. In the real world there is no such thing as a perfect square; only an approximation. Think this is obvious? Try to watch for this situation in politics.

Depending upon ones education, mental health, and ones willingness to analyze what is written, some texts sound quite beautiful, and seductive; tempting people with an afterlife. God seems to have done so much for me: everything I see, my ability to have empathy, my ability to love; I have no desire to burden God by asking to forever be supported following my death. That would be selfish of me, and disrespectful to God.

What tools do you use to separate the words inspired by human weaknesses, and words inspired by God?

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools . . ."

Romans 1:18-23

The Ten Commandments are the basis for the Bible. The Ten Commandments state Thou Shalt Not Speak In Gods Name.
firstly welcome to sciforums.
I've never come across that one, or are you trying to rewrite number 3 "Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain", which I believe means to all and sundrie, things like "god'am" "for god sake", etc...

Please do not proselytize your superstitions to the "godless heathens" who dare question your mythology here. Quoting passages of biblical mythology without supporting discussion is preaching.

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse, because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Professing to be wise, they became fools . . ."

M*W: Jim, did you have a question, a reply to someone's post, or were you just preaching?

M*W: Obviously, you did not read or comprehend my post. Archeologists and biblical scholars do not set out to prove anything one way or the other. That would be professional death. They set out to find, date, research, interpret and publish their conclusions whatever they may be. If there is any part of this you don't understand, please let me know.

And yet this happens....but on the whole Archeologist are simply searchers of cultures. But they do form opinions..

Please consider the following scripture one more time.

Numbers 15:32-36
32 While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35 Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." 36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Now, you are apparently saying that it is good and moral to kill a man for merely gathering sticks on the Sabbath and I am saying that it is not! You seem to be thinking just like the Pharisees did? But, according to Jesus, below, they were wrong!

Matthew 12:1-7
1At that time Jesus went through the grainfields on the Sabbath, and His disciples became hungry and began to pick the heads of grain and eat. 2But when the Pharisees saw this, they said to Him, "Look, Your disciples do what is not lawful to do on a Sabbath." 3But He said to them, "Have you not read what David did when he became hungry, he and his companions, 4how he entered the house of God, and they ate the consecrated bread, which was not lawful for him to eat nor for those with him, but for the priests alone? 5"Or have you not read in the Law, that on the Sabbath the priests in the temple break the Sabbath and are innocent? 6"But I say to you that something greater than the temple is here. 7"But if you had known what this means, 'I DESIRE COMPASSION, AND NOT A SACRIFICE,' you would not have condemned the innocent.

Matthew 12:10-12
10And a man was there whose hand was withered. And they questioned Jesus, asking, "Is it lawful to heal on the Sabbath?"--so that they might accuse Him. 11And He said to them, "What man is there among you who has a sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will he not take hold of it and lift it out? 12"How much more valuable then is a man than a sheep! So then, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath."

According to Jesus, it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.

Well, there is nothing evil about a man gathering sticks to build a fire. It is good not evil. So this man was condemned and killed for doing a good thing on the Sabbath!

Are you not then perhaps thinking like a Pharisee yourself when you justify this killing?

Last edited:
Back