Bible contradictions

Many of the contradictions that have been quoted, haven't been put into consideration with the rest of the text from the verses they have been quoted from.

for example:

ON THE PERMANENCY OF THE EARTH
"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10

The second scripture isn't talking about the earth not literally being burned up, but wicked people destroyed. "a New heavens and a new earth" meaning new heavenly organisation and a new earthly organisation.

ON SEEING GOD
"... I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." -- Genesis 32:30

"No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18

This is not to be taken literally, for example it is possible for a blind person to speak "face to face" with someone without seeing their face. The phrase "face to face" in the Hebrew mindset means "personally," "directly," or "intimately." Moses had this kind of unmediated relationship with God. But he, like all other mortals, never saw an actual "face" of God. We must not forget the Bible's emphatic statement that "God is a spirit" (John. 4:24). And "a spirit does not have flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39). So, again, God does not have a physical face. Being "face to face" with God simply refers to being in God's direct presence in an intimate way.

-
Some other points about serving God out of fear: Here’s an example: When we fear God it doesn’t mean that we are terrified of his power, that he may hurt us or send us to hell (what is hell? Information can be found here: (watchtower.org/library/w/2002/7/15/article_02.htm). You fear you parents correct? Yet you love them and they love you, the fear you feel is of disappointing them by doing something wrong, this is the same with God.

Many people feel that God is cold and calculated, but this is not true. James 1:13 “When under trial let know one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.

-
Actually here is some shortened info on Hell (watchtower.org/library/w/2002/7/15/article_02.htm):

"The wages sin pays is death." (Romans 6:23) Since the punishment for sin is death, the fundamental question in determining the true nature of hell is: What happens to us when we die?

What happens to the spirit when a person dies? Psalm 146:4 says: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." When a person dies, his impersonal spirit does not go on existing in another realm as a spirit creature. It "returns to the true God who gave it." (Ecclesiastes 12:7) This means that any hope of future life for that person now rests entirely with God.

That spirit can be compared to the electric current that activates a machine or an appliance and enables it to perform its function. Just as the current never takes on the features of the equipment it activates, the life-force does not take on any of the characteristics of the creatures it animates. It has no personality and no thinking ability.

Adam "came to be a living soul," says Genesis 2:7. He did not receive a soul; he was a soul—a whole person. The Scriptures speak of a soul's doing work, craving food, being kidnapped, experiencing sleeplessness, and so forth. (Leviticus 23:30; Deuteronomy 12:20; 24:7; Psalm 119:28) Yes, man himself is a soul. When a person dies, that soul dies.—Ezekiel 18:4.

he condition of the dead is made clear at Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, where we read: "The dead know nothing . . . In the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." (New International Version) Scripturally, death is a state of nonexistence. The dead have no awareness, no feelings, no thoughts.

Gehenna, the lake of fire symbolizes eternal destruction.

Consider also the case of the righteous man Job, who suffered much. Wishing to escape his plight, he pleaded: "Who will grant me this, that thou mayest protect me in hell [Sheol], and hide me till thy wrath pass?"# (Job 14:13, Douay Version) How unreasonable to think that Job desired to go to a fiery-hot place for protection! To Job, "hell" was simply the grave, where his suffering would end. The Bible hell, then, is the common grave of mankind where good people as well as bad ones go.

(Information appeared in The Watchtower July 15, 2002)

Last edited:
ON SEEING GOD

This is not to be taken literally, for example it is possible for a blind person to speak "face to face" with someone without seeing their face.
thats all well and good but the scripture states, "I have seen God face to face" so was jacob blind?(KJV Gen 32:30 "And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.")
The phrase "face to face" in the Hebrew mindset means "personally," "directly," or "intimately." Moses had this kind of unmediated relationship with God.
Moses may have done, but aren't we talking about jacob.
But he, like all other mortals, never saw an actual "face" of God. We must not forget the Bible's emphatic statement that "God is a spirit" (John. 4:24). And "a spirit does not have flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39). So, again, God does not have a physical face. Being "face to face" with God simply refers to being in God's direct presence in an intimate way.
so what did, jacob actually see, as you are so well informed!
Some other points about serving God out of fear: Here’s an example: When we fear God it doesn’t mean that we are terrified of his power, that he may hurt us or send us to hell. You fear you parents correct? Yet you love them and they love you, the fear you feel is of disappointing them by doing something wrong,
never ever feared my parents, or feared I might let them down, what kind of family life did you have, if you believe we all fear our parents.
Many people feel that God is cold and calculated, but this is not true. James 1:13 “When under trial let know one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried nor does he himself try anyone.
but he does judge all on judgement day!, many people dont have any belief in your god, this is why they question, the bible discription of this evil creature, you call god it's not that we think it's cold and callous, we just dont understand why you cant see it is, you being the believer, and alegedly stating you've read the bible.

What happens to the spirit when a person dies? Psalm 146:4 says: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish." When a person dies, his impersonal spirit does not go on existing in another realm as a spirit creature. It "returns to the true God who gave it." (Ecclesiastes 12:7) This means that any hope of future life for that person now rests entirely with God.

The overall consensus of thousands of people who have had near death experiences conflicts with the man created dogma of religion. I don't refer to any one persons' alleged experiences but the overall pattern that is seen when you look at numerous cases.
Open to skepticism?..of course. But at least many of these are modern day people that can be interviewed and spoken with today as opposed to ancient peoples who CLAIM they knew Gods' word /will.

http://www.near-death.com/

Ah...but you're using tactics...

A tactic is anything we use to manuever and attack in dialogue. Anytime you use expression like " I could fire that question right bact at your,"

It's a tactic. It's evasive. Evasive means to avoid. I match your move by addressing your motives. Tactics are frequently psychological.

So you've decided to use evasiveness to respond to my questions. I return in kind. But my question has the point of searching your intent and revealing your heart condition. My tactics have a purpose in furthering the discussion.

Saquist said:
I might add that your heart condition and motives and intentions are critically important to deciphering whether the contradictions you perceive are genuine or an emotional intent

Spin it however you like. I feel pretty confident that I know what I'm talking about. If anyone is avoiding anything, it's you, and the other apologists by not answering our questions. Skin Walker has addressed it, Medicine Woman has, Seti has, and all the other non-apologists have addressed; which you have pretty much answered by telling me that I don't know the truth and that I'm a conflicted soul, and that my heart conditions and motives and intentions are out of whack. Whatever.
So it also seems that you are singling me out, when others here share my mentality and views...almost verbatim in fact.
And the contradictions that I see in plain sight, not just perceive, are both genuine and emotional. One can't help but be frustrated, upset and even angry when it comes to trying to figure out why a merciful god would allow his children to bicker, and does not offer any answers to explain why. I'm sorry but you can't convince me that Christianity, Judaism and the bible and all the stories and what not, came from a benevolent deity.
If I have a problem with my 'heart condition' and motives, then so do all these people:

http://www.bidstrup.com/bible2.htm
The cool thing about this website, is that you don't have to come up with any apologies. They've already listed what a Christian apologist would say anyway!

http://www.users.bigpond.com/pmurray/exchristian/stories/byWhyLeft.html

This one in particular:
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pmurray/exchristian/stories/0364.html

http://www.wordwiz72.com/bible.html

http://ffrf.org/books/lfif/?t=contra

http://www.infidels.org/library/modern/jim_meritt/bible-contradictions.html#introduction

http://www.godisimaginary.com/

The last time I checked (and I can't believe I have to bring this up again) is that this is a thread about Bible Contradictions, not psychiatric diagnoses.
Even though you tell me that I'm a confused soul and have a heart condition and the wrong motives and what not, I have not once referred to you as being delusional or have called you any names or tried to give you a psych eval. If you can't answer any of my (or SW's, MW's, etc.) without telling us that we don't know the bible or we can't know the truth or, our heart condition and motives are clouding our vision on seeing why there are no contradictions, then just don't say or post anything.

IAC said:
You're screwed mikenostic.
Yeah, you're right. I really got put in my place back there didn't I?
I guess I'll just run off to my bedroom and cry. :rolleyes:

What happens to the spirit when a person dies? Psalm 146:4 says: "His spirit goes out, he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish."

the condition of the dead is made clear at Ecclesiastes 9:5, 10, where we read: "The dead know nothing . . . In the grave, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom." (New International Version) Scripturally, death is a state of nonexistence. The dead have no awareness, no feelings, no thoughts.

And this condition is totally contradicted in the following verses...

2 Corinthians 5:8
we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord!

Luke 23:39-43
39One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, "Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!" 40But the other answered, and rebuking him said, "Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41"And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our deeds; but this man has done nothing wrong." 42And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" 43And He said to him, "Truly I say to you, today you shall be with Me in Paradise."

This is not non-existence!

Luke 16:22-31
22"Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried. 23"In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom. 24"And he cried out and said, 'Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus so that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool off my tongue, for I am in agony in this flame.' 25"But Abraham said, 'Child, remember that during your life you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus bad things; but now he is being comforted here, and you are in agony. 26'And besides all this, between us and you there is a great chasm fixed, so that those who wish to come over from here to you will not be able, and that none may cross over from there to us.' 27"And he said, 'Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house-- 28for I have five brothers--in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.' 29"But Abraham said, 'They have Moses and the Prophets; let them hear them.' 30"But he said, 'No, father Abraham, but if someone goes to them from the dead, they will repent!' 31"But he said to him, 'If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be persuaded even if someone rises from the dead.'"

This is not non-existence either!

So which "truth" is the TRUTH?

Last edited:
Some other points about serving God out of fear: Here’s an example: When we fear God it doesn’t mean that we are terrified of his power, that he may hurt us or send us to hell (what is hell? Information can be found here: (watchtower.org/library/w/2002/7/15/article_02.htm). You fear you parents correct? Yet you love them and they love you, the fear you feel is of disappointing them by doing something wrong, this is the same with God.

Isa 8:12-13 ...The Lord Almighty is the one you are to regard as holy, he is the one you are to fear, he is the one you are to dread.

Phil 2:12-13 ...continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

Let's see... it says Fear, and Trembling, and Dread.

Last edited:
ON THE PERMANENCY OF THE EARTH

"... the earth abideth for ever." -- Ecclesiastes 1:4

"... the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up." -- 2Peter 3:10

The second scripture isn't talking about the earth not literally being burned up, but wicked people destroyed. "a New heavens and a new earth" meaning new heavenly organisation and a new earthly organisation.

Revelation 21:1
Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Spin it however you like. I feel pretty confident that I know what I'm talking about. If anyone is avoiding anything, it's you, and the other apologists by not answering our questions. Skin Walker has addressed it, Medicine Woman has, Seti has, and all the other non-apologists have addressed; which you have pretty much answered by telling me that I don't know the truth and that I'm a conflicted soul, and that my heart conditions and motives and intentions are out of whack. Whatever.

Whatever is exactly what I'm talking about.
You in conflict not because any bodies making applogy but because you've no decided to listen and that is evident in that I have to answer the same question to you over and over.

If you like their answers I suggest you keep them. A person that wants to learn listens and if you don't listen I can't tell you anything you don't wanna hear. It may not be polite and pretty but it's truth from where I stand. I offered you clear and concise answers but the point of this thread isn't to get answers, you're following that MO. The point is to break people and their faith. THAT's Clear. That's something I can not respect. Thus why I am very much so blunt on your purpose here for the questions you answer and your contrary lack of intrest to understanding.

THESE are your words. I have nothing to do with what you've revealed.

ON SEEING GOD

This is not to be taken literally, for example it is possible for a blind person to speak "face to face" with someone without seeing their face. The phrase "face to face" in the Hebrew mindset means "personally," "directly," or "intimately." Moses had this kind of unmediated relationship with God. But he, like all other mortals, never saw an actual "face" of God. We must not forget the Bible's emphatic statement that "God is a spirit" (John. 4:24). And "a spirit does not have flesh and bones" (Luke 24:39). So, again, God does not have a physical face. Being "face to face" with God simply refers to being in God's direct presence in an intimate way.

Has seen!

(Gen. 17:1) – “Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;

(Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.”

(Exodus 6:2-3) – “God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty , but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.”

(Exodus 24:9-11) – “Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”

(Num. 12:6-8) – “He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision . I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"

(Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said, "Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran. . . "

Has not seen!

(Exodus 33:20) – “But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live !"

(John 1:18) – “No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.”

(John 5:37) – “"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”

(John 6:46) - "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.”

(1 Tim. 6:15-16) – “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion ! Amen.”

Good Luck!

Whatever is exactly what I'm talking about.
You in conflict not because any bodies making applogy but because you've no decided to listen and that is evident in that I have to answer the same question to you over and over.
Actually, no you haven't. Take a look at Seti's post above (post 430). Also take a look at wisteria's post he quoted. Wherein those posts do you NOT see a blatant contradiction?

wisteria: "No man hath seen God at any time..."-- John 1:18
This is not to be taken literally, for example it is possible for a blind person to speak "face to face" with someone without seeing their face.

seti: (Gen. 17:1) – “Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;

(Exodus 24:9-11) – “Then Moses went up with Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel, 10and they saw the God of Israel; and under His feet there appeared to be a pavement of sapphire, as clear as the sky itself. 11Yet He did not stretch out His hand against the nobles of the sons of Israel; and they saw God, and they ate and drank.”

So tell me, Saquist, between wisteria's post (and scripture quote) and seti's post (and scripture quotes), where is there not a contradiction? Are you going to tell me that I have to read further into those scriptures, or read the whole chaper, book, whole bible to fully understand those blatant contradictions? I may not be a theologist or the Pope, but I know enough about the bible and Christianity that you won't find any direct answers as to why these contradictions exist.
If God and Jesus themselves appeared before me and proved that they were who they said they were w/o a doubt, I'd still ask them why they allowed such contradictions and difficult to interpret books to exist.
And if I'm not allowed to question the bible (which you have implied in earlier posts), then that's too bad. God wouldn't have given us the 'free will' if he didn't want us to question it.

Saquist said:
If you like their answers I suggest you keep them. A person that wants to learn listens and if you don't listen I can't tell you anything you don't wanna hear. It may not be polite and pretty but it's truth from where I stand. I offered you clear and concise answers but the point of this thread isn't to get answers, you're following that MO. The point is to break people and their faith. THAT's Clear. That's something I can not respect. Thus why I am very much so blunt on your purpose here for the questions you answer and your contrary lack of intrest to understanding.
No, I don't want to hear the answers you gave me. I heard them for years and years as a child when I went to church. It seems you have no courage to question the bible's validity and therefore I have concluded that you are unable to answer my (or SW's or MW's or seti's or Godless', etc.) questions.

Actually, no you haven't. Take a look at Seti's post above (post 430). Also take a look at wisteria's post he quoted. Wherein those posts do you NOT see a blatant contradiction?

No I havent, what? No one has asked me any questions.

Mike...there are over 12,00 pages in the bible canon...do you really expect me to answer everyone of your so called contradictions?
I will answer 5 and only five...

but I won't waste my time with something you should be researching yourself...take an intrest and get your hands dirty. I'm a bible student for a reason..because i search and reseach my questions. It's like with anything. If you want to know you'll find out...

So hit me with your best five...
You should make them scriptures that you really have a probelm with and seem unresolvable. This isn't a challenge this isn't about courage or dares, this is bit more serious. You can take it or leave it but I will not sit here on this thread an answer hundreds of question to people that admit to having no intrest in understanding.

Last edited:
No I havent, what? No one has asked me any questions.

Mike...there are over 12,00 pages in the bible canon...do you really expect me to answer everyone of your so called contradictions?
I will answer 5 and only five...

but I won't waste my time with something you should be researching yourself...take an intrest and get your hands dirty. I'm a bible student for a reason..because i search and reseach my questions. It's like with anything. If you want to know you'll find out...

Good response Saquist! What most people fail to realize is "that they should seek the Lord, in the hope that they might grope for Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us." Acts 17:27

It's like if your trying to make friends you can't just sit in your room and doubt that there are real friends in the world and expect them to come to you. YOU have to get out of your room (comfort zone) and SEEK them to find them. God is real and He has a personality that you can get to know--but who He is, is only found in the Bible. The Bible is the oldest and strongest with the clearest understanding of life.

It is not up to us or anyone to convince or convert to the truth. The personal Lord God gave us a free will to choose.

"I, wisdom, dwell with prudence,
And find out knowledge and discretion.
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil;
Pride and arrogance and the evil way
And the perverse mouth I hate.
Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom;
I am understanding, I have strength.
By me kings reign,
And rulers decree justice.
By me princes rule, and nobles,
All the judges of the earth.
I love those who love me,
And those who seek me diligently will find me." Proverbs 8:12-17

It is not up to us or anyone to convince or convert to the truth. The personal Lord God gave us a free will to choose.
I agree with you 100% there.

Freewill to choose him or spend an eternity in hell. You can sugarcoat it with any statement you want, but it all boils down to that.

Has seen!

(Gen. 17:1) – “Now when Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am God Almighty ; Walk before Me, and be blameless;

(Gen. 18:1) Now the LORD appeared to him by the oaks of Mamre, while he was sitting at the tent door in the heat of the day.”

(Exodus 6:2-3) – “God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the LORD; 3and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty , but by My name, LORD, I did not make Myself known to them.”

(Num. 12:6-8) – “He said, "Hear now My words: If there is a prophet among you, I, the LORD, shall make Myself known to him in a vision . I shall speak with him in a dream. 7"Not so, with My servant Moses, He is faithful in all My household; 8With him I speak mouth to mouth, Even openly, and not in dark sayings, And he beholds the form of the LORD. Why then were you not afraid To speak against My servant, against Moses ?"

(Acts 7:2), "And he [Stephen] said, "Hear me, brethren and fathers! The God of glory appeared to our father Abraham when he was in Mesopotamia, before he lived in Haran. . . "

Has not seen!

(Exodus 33:20) – “But He [God] said, "You cannot see My face, for no man can see Me and live !"

(John 1:18) – “No one has seen God at any time; the only begotten God who is in the bosom of the Father, He has explained Him.”

(John 5:37) – “"And the Father who sent Me, He has testified of Me. You have neither heard His voice at any time nor seen His form.”

(John 6:46) - "Not that anyone has seen the Father, except the One who is from God; He has seen the Father.”

(1 Tim. 6:15-16) – “He who is the blessed and only Sovereign, the King of kings and Lord of lords, 16who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see. To Him be honor and eternal dominion ! Amen.”

Good Luck!

"This superficial discrepancy, of course, is beautifully resolved in the wonderful truth of the Tri-une Godhead, and was specifically clarified by the Lord Jesus Christ, when He said:

'No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him (John 1:18).'

That is, whenever the omnipresent, invisible God has deigned to appear to men, He has done so in the person of His eternal Son, who is "the image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15).

Since the Son is, indeed, "in the form of God—equal with God" (Philippians 2:6), He is omnipotent and can surely assume the form of an angel or a man or even a burning bush (note Exodus 3:2-6), when He so wills. Thus men have on occasion in the past, actually seen God. It was not God in His essential tri-une glory, of course, but rather God declared and manifested as God the eternal Son, forever "in the bosom of the Father" (John 1:18), yet eternally going forth" (Micah 5:2) to manifest the Godhead."

http://www.icr.org/article/783/

"This superficial discrepancy, of course, is beautifully resolved in the wonderful truth of the Tri-une Godhead, and was specifically clarified by the Lord Jesus Christ, when He said:

'No man hath seen God at any time: the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, He hath declared Him (John 1:18).'

That is, whenever the omnipresent, invisible God has deigned to appear to men, He has done so in the person of His eternal Son, who is "the image of the invisible God" (Colossians 1:15).

Since the Son is, indeed, "in the form of God—equal with God" (Philippians 2:6), He is omnipotent and can surely assume the form of an angel or a man or even a burning bush (note Exodus 3:2-6), when He so wills. Thus men have on occasion in the past, actually seen God. It was not God in His essential tri-une glory, of course, but rather God declared and manifested as God the eternal Son, forever "in the bosom of the Father" (John 1:18), yet eternally going forth" (Micah 5:2) to manifest the Godhead."

http://www.icr.org/article/783/

I appreciate that response and attempt to explain that contradiction, however, it raises just as many questions as it attempts to answer.

JimHR said:
He is omnipotent and can surely assume the form of an angel or a man or even a burning bush
-yet he can't defeat Satan (either that or God allows him to be here)*
-yet he can't have the bible written without being misinterpreted and causing all the sects and denominations; the bible should be straightforward and easy to understand, but it's not.

Metaphorically speaking:
If you (God) had two young sons(people; His children) (say, grade school age) and you gave them a book(bible) to read and asked them what they thought of it, and then they both read it but each interpreted it a different way (denominations, possibly different religions with the same root). Each son thought his interpretation of it was the right one. Then they started beating the crap out of each other (Muslims vs. Jews/Christians). Would you sit back and let them kill each other (as the supposed real God does)?

*if he allows Satan to roam the earth causing tempation, strife, misery, etc. then he's not benevolent.

JimHR,

1. The Old Testament God tells us to, personally kill our own enemies, even our own friends, relatives, and children, without mercy. Children watched their own dad or mom throw the first stone of many stones that were to pummel their body until they were dead. That is supposed to be the holy and righteous thing to do.

2. But, the New Testament God tells us not to, personally kill our own enemies, our own friends, relatives, and children. He tells us, instead, to love and forgive and have mercy on them. That is supposed to be the holy and righteous thing to do.

So, which of these two "truths" is the TRUTH?

Best Wishes!

I am glad we both agree that life has value--or our soul has value. You can burn your whole body and lose all your limbs, what matters is that you still have your soul.

When you talk about killing, what in the Bible are you talking about--The Old Testament clearly says, "Thou shalt not kill." Its referring to the value of life. This command was written by the same author as the other parts of the Pentateuch (Moses inspired by God). You don't think Moses would have realized that would be a contradiction? Thus proving that Moses did not write a book based on his own observations.

Ask yourself did these events occur or not? If they did occur, it only adds credibility to the Bible.

Its like your saying that those who went to kill Hilter were simply outrageous if they killed others on the way--they had no right and were just blinding killing them. Clearly they had a purpose to kill Hilter, and no one was going to stop them.

God has a purpose. What do you think His purpose was, what is He trying to teach us?

What purpose do you think God had?

"The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away;
Blessed be the name of the LORD.”

Since the Son is, indeed, "in the form of God—equal with God" (Philippians 2:6)

Or lesser than god...

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." (by not knowing something, jesus can't be omniscient which means he can't be god)

"No one takes this honour upon himself; he must be called by God, just as Aaron was. So Christ also did not take upon himself the glory of becoming a high priest. " (This means it wasn't his choice, thus he cannot be equal to god).

"But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels" (Heb 2:9)

(He was created, he was created lower than the angels.. thus he can't be god or equal to him).

Jesus gave them this answer: "I tell you the truth, the Son can do nothing by himself..” (John 5:9)

(The son can't do anything by himself and thus cannot be equal to god).

Oh well, better luck next time.

Back