Proud_Muslim

Shield of Islam
Registered Senior Member
Bias Against Muslims Up 70%
Radio Talk Shows, Iraq War Among Reasons, Study Finds

By Mary Beth Sheridan
Washington Post Staff Writer
Monday, May 3, 2004; Page A12

Muslims in the United States experienced more than 1,000 incidents of alleged harassment, violence and discriminatory treatment in 2003, a jump of 70 percent over the previous year, according to a report to be released today by a major Islamic advocacy group.

The report by the Council on American-Islamic Relations attributed the increase to such factors as Muslim-bashing on radio talk shows and tensions surrounding the war in Iraq.

The group said it received 1,019 complaints from Muslims last year concerning discriminatory or violent actions, up from 602 the year before. The biggest number of incidents had to do with employment and the refusal to accommodate religious practices. But there were 93 reported hate crimes, more than double the total in 2002. And there were numerous cases in which Muslims alleged that laws were applied to them more harshly because of their ethnic or religious identity.

"We are definitely facing an uphill battle in the struggle for civil rights in this country, especially with regard to the American Muslim community," said Mohamed Nimer, the author of the report, "Unpatriotic Acts."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A61488-2004May2.html

Isnt the key word her alleged? Not all may be true or even a large number of them, many people feel discrimenated against when they werent.

Oh I see, so when a muslim woman get spatt at and her headscarf is removed forcefully, it is not an attack or discrimination or harrassment, right ?

:mad:

Again PM read the post, MANY people feel that way, not all, and not all of the ones that feel that way make a complaint, there are many things to take into account like the fact discrimination is on the increase in general.

And why the discrimination is on the increase in general ? why this hate and bias against muslims ?

And why the discrimination is on the increase in general
I suppose people prefer to look after what they consider their own countrymen, but really im not able to answer that and the only people that can answer is the people that discriminate, im just informing you muslims arnt the only ones being discriminated against, even age discrimination is on the increase.

It is very sad this hate and bias against Muslims, this will only generate more hate and bias against non muslims in muslim lands. :(

Oh I see, so when a muslim woman get spatt at and her headscarf is removed forcefully, it is not an attack or discrimination or harrassment, right ?

Rough foreplay. ;)

- N

Proud_Muslim said:
Bias Against Muslims Up 70%
Radio Talk Shows, Iraq War Among Reasons, Study Finds

Thank you for informing us, Mary Beth. How's it working for the Post?

In new news, a new study has shown that bias against muslims is up 80%. This has been supposedly caused by one member who is a complete doche bag.

When the Irish first immigrated to the US, they were spat upon and worse. When the Italians first immigrated the same. We have a tendency to not like newcomers, whose ways are not our ways. And who "Take our jobs." The irish and italians overcame their adversity and are now integral parts of our society. The muslims will as well, if they care to. One thing Americans don't like is when a people immigrate but refuse to join. The jews have been hated and feared for this reason. They are seperatists in many ways (the more extreme ones anyways.) It is a pattern, recent immigrants are the lowest of the low, eventually through struggle and hardship, they pull themselves up. America is the land of opportunity, not the land of ease.

Personally, I'd say the figures are wrong or at least misleading. I live in a liberal state though, most muslims I've seen are treated well. I'd guess the majority of crimes against muslims would be in the South, New York, and probably Boston and the like. Southerners are notoriously xenophobic, New Yorkers are still pissed about 9/11 and are violent to begin with, and Boston is the most racist city in the US (hearsay.) And how is a crime against a muslim to be distinguished from a "hate crime" against a muslim for being a muslim anyway? If a muslim gets mugged in central park is it a hate crime? I have a problem with the whole "hate crime" issue.

Anyway, this is another thread that has no place in this forum in my opinion. More than just because it is a propaganda thread, but because it has no religious discussion. It's about a religious group, but not about the religion itself. I think the criteria about what a religious is needs to be reviewed if this is allowed under the present rules. This should really be in the ethics, morality, and justice forum. That's what it's really about isn't it? Not religion.

If they don't like it, they can always return to their own country. Nobody asked them to go there. Some of us don't even want them here, but that doesn't stop them from coming over and whinging when they don't get everything their own way.

Simple solution: Go back home.

Btw Loud_Muslim, take this to an appropriate forum section.

SnakeLord said:
If they don't like it, they can always return to their own country. Nobody asked them to go there. Some of us don't even want them here, but that doesn't stop them from coming over and whinging when they don't get everything their own way.

Simple solution: Go back home.

It is NOT up to you to decide who should come and who should leave America or Australia, it is up to the NATIVE AMERICANS and the ABORIGINALS to decide, now, you should pack up and leave back to Ireland, thank you :rolleyes:

Beside, hundreds of thousands of those muslims are AMERICANS by birth, where they should leave to ??? :rolleyes:

I think that your 70% number is wrong hoax-muslim. Please provide the names of the millions of people who hate muslims.

Proud_Muslim said:
Beside, hundreds of thousands of those muslims are AMERICANS by birth, where they should leave to ???
They should leave to any religion of which you are not a member.

Persol said:
In new news, a new study has shown that bias against muslims is up 80%. This has been supposedly caused by one member who is a complete doche bag.

I think you have very poor grasp of english:

Muslims in the United States experienced more than 1,000 incidents of alleged harassment, violence and discriminatory treatment in 2003, a jump of 70 percent over the previous year, according to a report to be released today by a major Islamic advocacy group.

the 70% figure is the jump in incidents of harassment, violence and discrimination, I advice you to re-read the article again.

I think you don't understand the meaning of the word 'alleged'.

"Excuse me sir, are you beating me up because I am muslim? I need to know for that poll next week."

Back