Atlantis, Proof Both Ways

Candy, you said, "cience has documented that the ridge was above water as late as 12000 years ago."

I'm still wondering where this was documented. I very much wish to read it.

As I recall the work had something to do with the limestone formations of the ridge and was published in I think it was National Geographic sometime in the 1950's. I have read the exact reference and will try to find the information over the weekend if I have the time.

Suggestions

I don't fully understand how the magnetic field reversal could cause a continent to travel. I do remember Graham Hancock had a dubious theory about it.

A polar shift is by far the most reasonable explanation for the sudentemparature changes evidenced by the discovery of large numbers af animals frozen with temparte climated meals fresh in the stomach and preserved in the ice for millenia in Northern areas like Siberia. Such a shift would be precipitated by an accumulation of ice at both polar regions. As the ice keeps rising, miles above sea-level, the time has to come when the resultant inbalance is rectified by a shift in the earth-crust. This explanation accounts for biblical history and predictions for future events like rich vegetation in currently arid regions and visa-versa.

Well they are both roughly a year. The maya had more than one calendar I believe.

An indepth study of the south american ancient calendars and related subject reveals very interesting evidence well worth the effort on this one.

A pyramid is the most stable structure they could build with blocks of stone. It's not such a coincidence.

A study of the nature of the pyramids, their links to the cosmos and the Terestrial geometry and requirements for building them, once again, if studied sincerely, will raise questions which lend much credence to the hightech-ancient-civilisation view.

What would constitute proof that Atlantis was not in existence? It's very hard to prove a negative.

You should go to the only source regarding Atlantis - Plato's Timaeus and Critias. It is unlikely that Atlantis was anything other than the setting for his dialogues.

Plato is certainly not the only source of information on Atlantis and is no where near the most prolific or believable source.

If one looks at Google Earth, one can see areas in the ocean that if water level drops about 100 - 300 feet, will show large amount of land mass

I don't fully understand how the magnetic field reversal could cause a continent to travel. I do remember Graham Hancock had a dubious theory about it.

I believe there is more to it than that particular theory. For instance it's known how to make Permanent Magnets, one particular old and tried method is striking a metal repeatedly will pointing it North. (The Strikes are more Stroke like than Blows)

Admittedly now adays electromagnetic systems are used to create permanent magnets, however you could suggest that as the Molten Magma cools, it cools with a certain amount of polarity set. So the crust actually has a magnetic field, however the magma still moves around generating polar shifting.

Between the two occurances you could understand that perhaps some of the movement of tactonic plates can be magnetically manipulated. Other factors are that the crust itself isn't the same thickness all the way around the planet, this causes for bottlenecks in the magma that can push up plates (Earthquakes and mountain ranges) or cause volcanoes to errupt.

Further to that if you look at Pig Iron melting, sometimes you can have the impurities on the molten irons surface which might need a higher temperature to melt. If the iron was to be stirred then you'd see it's "Skin" fragment and shift in relationship to the movement.

As for Atlantis... It's known that it's "Mythical" and there are a number of islands and old ruins lost to the seas over time. For instance that earthquake that cause the tsunami that hit places like Thailand caused a number of "emersed" coral reefs to become "Islands" and the inverse could be said about some of the islands disappearing into the sea.

These are events that don't require global warming or polar icecaps melting to trigger.

Back