Atheists : Are you on a crusade?

Atheists : Are you on a crusade?

• Total voters
And that's it. You're on a crusade.

You're actually becoming somewhat amusing now Kellisness. One of the side effects of this is that being on some kind of crusade is starting to sound like fun. So, sign me up! I wanna be on a crusade too!

I'm on a crusade to better my life. As a side job, I make sure to do my best to spread reason, science and understanding--things that most religions casually dispense with.

~String

Crusade for what cause?

Kellisness can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he is referring to the fact that people tend to stomp down hard on unproven assertions around here. As a result he believes that atheists are on a crusade against theists.

What he doesn't understand is that all assertions tend to get stomped on around here (unless they are accompanied by a decent amount of sound evidence), whether they are religious in nature or not.

Can you re-quote me please? I hate it when someone quotes me before I make what I feel is an important edit :p

Kellisness can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe he is referring to the fact that people tend to stomp down hard on unproven assertions around here. As a result he believes that atheists are on a crusade against theists.

What he doesn't understand is that all assertions tend to get stomped on around here (unless they are accompanied by a decent amount of sound evidence), whether they are religious in nature or not.

Unless we are philosophising within the boundaries of "god may exist or god may not exist"

Originally Posted by Rav
What he doesn't understand is that ALL unproven assertions tend to get stomped on around here, whether they are religious in nature or not.
Link please.
:roflmao:

If I went on a crusade to make you believe or disbelieve anything...I'd have to care what you think...when what I care about is what you do. If you don't do the following:

-destroy the planet
-order me around
-beat up on other people
-refuse to let children learn science

Then I really don't care what you believe.
OTOH I'm a Pagan, so I'm neither an atheist, nor am I a Christian-in fact, I have to worry about Christians.

Last edited:
Well, I've never had an Atheist knock on my door offering pamphlets and "good news." They seem to be a docile group until you provoke them on a forum such as this. I would hazard a guess that they are pretty tame in comparison to some religious zealotry that I've seen.

Well, I've never had an Atheist knock on my door offering pamphlets and "good news." They seem to be a docile group until you provoke them on a forum such as this. I would hazard a guess that they are pretty tame in comparison to some religious zealotry that I've seen.

I do. I like to go downtown and pass out blank sheets of paper.

Back