Atheist expects oblivion; Envies believers

From Stranger Post 20
Why envy delusion? Why envy people living on lies?
They may expect it but they do not know it will happen any more than you do.
Delusion causes much more harm than good.

Would you rather your brain processes be such to enable you to believe stupid ignorant nonsense?
I do not think anyone can be completely comfortable with the knowledge of their mortality.

I cope by putting in the category of events over which I have no control,
I hope for the courage to change for the better events over which I have some control.

I hope for the peace of mind to not obsess over adverse events over which I have no control.

I hope for the wisdom to know the difference.

I do not think anyone can be completely comfortable with the knowledge of their mortality.

Death sucks but at least you will not have any worries and you can get some peace and quite.

As far as envying believers - I sure don't. I mean, I wish there really were aliens in flying saucers visiting earth, but I sure as hell don't envy people who believe there are. I just think they are nutty.

Ignorance is bliss. So is belief. Reality may not be as desirable but it's more reliable. Maybe more satisfying too.

From Pluto2 Post 69
Who needs an afterlife if after death you can just sleep forever and you no longer suffer from any pain?

The way I see life is hardship, life is constant pain and suffering (at least this is the way my life has been) and after death you can finally find eternal peace... forever.

From Pluto2 Post 77
Actually I'm looking forward to my death.

I'm getting tired of life and everything and the way I see it life is mostly bullshit.

So after I finally die there is no more bullshit:

1. No more pain of rejection from pretty women who will always reject guys like me.
2. No more depression, loneliness and sadness.
3. No more ugliness or people making of fun of me because I'm really ugly.
4. No more of my constant craving for food and drink all the time
5. No more extreme pain and constant fear of injuries.

6. I also have this constant worry of becoming homeless and being forced to sleep on the streets with no place to take a warm shower and no soft bed to sleep on at night. In fact this is one of my biggest fears.

7. I also have this constant fear of going to jail for a very very long time and trust me, jails where I live are not a place you want to be in for a long time.

Death is superior to life and in this I'm 100% certain because life is mostly bullshit.
I am sorry you have such a dismal view of your existence.

Perhaps you should seek some form of therapy to make you feel better about your life.

It is the only one you will ever have & you should try to enjoy the positive aspects.

Every aspect of your life cannot be negative.​

From Stranger Post 20I do not think anyone can be completely comfortable with the knowledge of their mortality.

///
I am not certain what you mean by completely comfortable. I am as comfortable with it as I need to be.
I am much more uncomfortable with many things I cannot do while I do live.
If there is no afterlife, I certainly will not be uncomfortable then.

<>

From Stranger Post 20I do not think anyone can be completely comfortable with the knowledge of their mortality.

///
IF there is an afterlife, there are many possibilities. Extremely bad, extremely good & everything between.
You want to continue some kind of life with no way to know what it will be like. Is that good? Is that hopeful?
Do you want to spend eternity singing praises to an egoist immature insecure needy bully god?
Do you want to come back & go thru the same crap here again?
How many lifetimes would you like to have as an ant or worm?
Do you want eternity with 77 virgins & 77 mothers-in-law & 77 fathers-in-law?
There are many more negative possibilities, probably just as many positives ones & many in between.
Thing is, even assuming there is an afterlife, we have no way to know you would not regret it.

<>

Life is an energy form . And since energy can not be created or destroyed ....it leads to life , being eternal

Back