Atheism:believe in no God or disbelieve in God

Which one am I supposed to worship? There are hundreds from which to choose. Can you narrow it down to a top five short list?

Those are all Human "creations"; I simply take them as one core concept, the belief that a higher being/entity lead to the creation of our universe. That concept is plausible, although would be difficult if not impossible to prove.

So, do you believe in a higher force BEYOND what we can sense/comprehend?

The inquiring mind would not make that statement. Theirs is of the mindset to uncover those mysteries and learn from them.
What if the mysteries cannot be uncovered?

You make the mistake of comparing visible and detectable evidence with invisible and non-detectable beings.
No, I don't. No origins theory has any "visible and detectable evidence", likewise as these higher forces cannot be detected.

Besides, the big bang theory, to me, seems more like the process of universal creation, rather than how it was created. It can be very plausible to say that some sort of intellegent intervention LED to the big bang

Those are all Human "creations"; I simply take them as one core concept, the belief that a higher being/entity lead to the creation of our universe. That concept is plausible, although would be difficult if not impossible to prove.

So, do you believe in a higher force BEYOND what we can sense/comprehend?

Which force? Which god? You've not told me who I am supposed to worship or what force is guiding me? Please clarify. Your concept is completely implausible at this point.

What if the mysteries cannot be uncovered?

Then, we can conclude gods exist. :rolleyes:

No, I don't. No origins theory has any "visible and detectable evidence", likewise as these higher forces cannot be detected.

Besides, the big bang theory, to me, seems more like the process of universal creation, rather than how it was created. It can be very plausible to say that some sort of intellegent intervention LED to the big bang

Ah, you're ignorant to science. You should have just admitted that in the first place. Try reading some books (Not the Quran).

Which force? Which god? You've not told me who I am supposed to worship or what force is guiding me? Please clarify. Your concept is completely implausible at this point.

I've already explained to you what I take on this matter; there is only one core concept share by any theistic religion, that there is a higher force that created and/or may influence our universe.

Everything else, all the details, is a product of culture and imagination.

The actual belief, is very plausible.

Then, we can conclude gods exist. :rolleyes:
No, we can BELIEVE or not believe, but we cannot make any conclusions.

Ah, you're ignorant to science. You should have just admitted that in the first place. Try reading some books (Not the Quran).

No, I am not. What makes you think so?

Also, I do not follow the Koran; why are you assuming I do?

I've already explained to you what I take on this matter; there is only one core concept share by any theistic religion, that there is a higher force that created and/or may influence our universe.

You've explained nothing other than one of your delusions. What am I supposed to do with that?

Everything else, all the details, is a product of culture and imagination.

Most likely, it is ALL am product of the imagination. You probably won't get that part. Indoctrination.

The actual belief, is very plausible.

As plausible as all other beliefs in the invisible and undetectable. Nada. ziltch.

No, we can BELIEVE or not believe, but we cannot make any conclusions.

I don't believe everything I read or hear, you should consider the same.

No, I am not. What makes you think so?

You're responses, of course. It's blatantly obvious. :rolleyes:

You've explained nothing other than one of your delusions. What am I supposed to do with that?

Delusions? OK, so Galileo was delusional about gravity:rolleyes:

No, it IS a plausible belief that the universe may be a product of something BEYOND..........

What are you supposed to do with that? Do what you wish, it's a belief, not a rule.

kely, it is ALL am product of the imagination. You probably won't get that part. Indoctrination.
No, I do get what you are saying, but I don't understand why you say it. The belief that a higher force led to the creation of our universe is plausible enough, and therefore while specifics may've been unique to individuals, the actual core belief is plausible enough.

Indoctrination? I could say you are indoctrined into science:p

ible as all other beliefs in the invisible and undetectable. Nada. ziltch.

I don't believe everything I read or hear, you should consider the same.

Ah, so democritus was a fool

The concept itself involves something BEYOND our universe, so how in the world would you detect it? Likewise, scientists cannot detect what is OUTSIDE of our universe.

responses, of course. It's blatantly obvious. :rolleyes:

I disagree; what have I said to make you think so?

Delusions? OK, so Galileo was delusional about gravity

What does that have to do with your god delusions? Do you know think gravity exists?

No, it IS a plausible belief that the universe may be a product of something BEYOND..........

Uh-huh, sure, right. Beyond the magical kingdom. Any more fairy tales?

What are you supposed to do with that? Do what you wish, it's a belief, not a rule.

It means absolutely nothing. It's from your imagination. I can do nothing with it.

No, I do get what you are saying, but I don't understand why you say it. The belief that a higher force led to the creation of our universe is plausible enough, and therefore while specifics may've been unique to individuals, the actual core belief is plausible enough.

Plausible for the ignorant and gullible, perhaps.

Indoctrination? I could say you are indoctrined into science:p

By all means, demonstrate your ignorance for all to see.

The concept itself involves something BEYOND our universe, so how in the world would you detect it? Likewise, scientists cannot detect what is OUTSIDE of our universe.

A meaningless concept. Where is "outside" the universe? Another delusion or just lack of any science on your part?

I disagree; what have I said to make you think so?

Pretty much everything.

I am sick of arguing with you, since all you do is repeat what you say, fail to even give thought to others' words, and resort to calling everything "ignorant and gullible" or whatever.

Good day.

Hi Michael,
I'm don't think that is quite right. Here's a post I made a couple of years ago in a thread called [post=1168116]Weak Atheism. What a joke.[/post].

---

Etymologically:
"atheism" is derived from "atheos".
"atheos" means "without gods" or "godless".
"-ism", in this context, means "belief".
So "Atheism" strictly means a belief in something - a godless belief.
It's atheos-ism, rather than a-theism.

EvilBible.com:
...some atheists on the Internet are trying to redefine the words “atheism” and “atheist” to mean anyone who simply lacks a belief in gods. This definition would include babies, agnostics, and people who have not come to a conclusion about the existence of gods.
A “lack of belief” definition is a bad definition for many reasons. It is not commonly used. It is not defined that way in any reputable dictionary. It is too broad because most agnostics and babies don’t consider themselves atheists. And it makes no sense for an “-ism” to be a based on a lack of belief.

These atheists are usually motivated to redefine the word “atheist” because they want to enlarge the definition of “atheist” to include as many people as possible, or because they perceive it to be an advantage in debates with theists. Unfortunately, some of these people have used lies and distortions to support their opinions, and some have made extremely ignorant and grossly incorrect statements that may reflect badly on all atheists. I will correct some of these incorrect statements later in this essay.

In practice, there are some people who self-identify as "atheists", but claim only a lack of theism, rather than a belief in atheos. So it's a bit murky.
But, saying that babies are atheists is not correct, and smacks of militant anti-theism.

Not that it really matters, of course. Attaching labels to people doesn't change their belief, or lack of it. Rather than worrying about what label to attach to yourself or someone else, it's more productive to consider their actual point of view, free of labels.
I understand that atheism as used by the common public has a certain meaning but is a logical debate it must be defined as a lack of beleif. So there is belief and there is a lack of beleif.

I'd also like to point out that Websters Dictionary specifically defined atheism as a disbelief in the existence of a deity or the doctrine that there is no deity PURPOSELY and SOLELY because it makes logical debate about the existence of God confusing. Noah Webster was a devout Xian. His 1828 American Dictionary contained the greatest number of Biblical definitions given in any reference volume. Webster considered "education useless without the Bible." Webster learned 20 different languages in finding definitions for which a particular word is used. He defines God the supreme or ultimate reality: for similar reasons. In essence Webster was thinking about debate and how to put an edge in for the Xian theist when he was writing his dictionary.

Ancient Romans referred to Christians as Atheists. And for most Gods they were. The only way such Historical sentences make sense is in concept of atheism as defined as a lack of belief.

Of course if it's faulty then yes I will - you're atheist for all but one sky-daddy and I disagree with your faulty reasoning all the time :p

atheism is a lack of beleif.

In English it means exactly that - lacking a belief.

Think of it like this. What was SAM's state of mind in regards to Xenu before she heard of Scientology? Did she believe in or lack a belief in Xenu? Answer: She lacked a belief in Xenu. She was atheist.

What was SAM's state of mind in regards to Allah before she was taught to believe in this God? Did she believe in or lack a belief in Allah? Answer: She lacked a belief in Allah. She was atheist.

See it makes perfectly crystal clear sense.

What was SAM's state of mind in regards to Xenu before she heard of Scientology? Did she believe in or lack a belief in Xenu? Answer: She lacked a belief in Xenu. She was atheist.

How is this a "stupid argument"? It's not. It's perfectly lucid, rational and logical.

I think its a stupid argument. One cannot have a belief in no God or reject any God without recognition of the concept of the God they believe does not exist.

e.g. do you believe in <unknown concept?>

I think its a stupid argument. One cannot have a belief in no God or reject any God without recognition of the concept of the God they believe does not exist.

e.g. do you believe in <unknown concept?>
One cannot have a belief in no God.

Atheism NOT a belief. So we agree.

One cannot reject any God without recognition of the concept of the God they believe does not exist.

AGAIN atheism is NOT a beleif.
Also Atheism is NOT rejecting anything - it's simply lacking a belief.

Go back to the sentence:
What was SAM's state of mind in regards to Xenu before she heard of Scientology? Did she believe in or lack a belief in Xenu? Answer: She lacked a belief in Xenu. She was atheist.

The logic is crystal clear.

Back