Are YOU Destined To Burn For Eternity?

Then you have a problem of demonstrating the impossible.

Tragopogon (a plant genus consisting mostly of diploids), two new species (T. mirus and T. miscellus) have evolved within the past 50-60 years. The new species are allopolyploid descendants of two separate diploid parent species.

Here is how this speciation occurred: The new species were formed when one diploid species fertilised a different diploid species and produced a tetraploid offspring. This tetraploid offspring could not fertilize or be fertilised by either of its two parent species types. It is reproductively isolated - the very definition of a species.

What now saquist, is this where you say I'm being hostile and add me to ignore? :shrug:

More for your learning: http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/factfaq.htm

What now saquist, is this where you say I'm being hostile and add me to ignore? :shrug:
How dare you use actual facts in this discussion! Please stick to circular reasoning, wild speculation, backpedalling, misdirection, and mythology. Do you actually think we can be fooled by mere "facts"? Ha!

Well, according to Paul you are mostly correct, but not entirely. And according to Jesus and even James you are clearly not correct. There are many examples.

For my own part, you seem to be placing the teachings of Paul over the teachings of Jesus and James and perhaps even Peter. Again, in my opinion only, you seem to be reinterpreting the teachings of Jesus to fit the teachings of Paul not the other way around like I would, perhaps, expect that you should be doing.

Mark 10
23 Then Jesus looked around and said to His disciples, “How hard it is for those who have riches to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were astonished at His words. But Jesus answered again and said to them, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches[d] to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.”
26 And they were greatly astonished, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?”
27 But Jesus looked at them and said, With men it is impossible, but not with God; for with God all things are possible.”

Jesus makes it clear. It is impossible for a man to be perfect enough to have eternity with God, But He says in the same sentence that With God nothing is impossible. So only through Gods intervention can man be saved. And that was done By Jesus. This is the message echoed by Paul.

Is it possible that you might just be interpreting scripture to justify yourself in your own sin?

I am not justifying sin. I am accepting that i am a sinner who has been forgiven by a Just God.

You already know that my own personal conclusion of all of this is that the Bible is the word of men not the word of God.

Then you demonstrate your rebellion against the Will of God. Because of pride you have rejected the Redeemer and His gift of salvation

That solves almost the entire problem instantly. Even still, I do believe in God. But you must reach your own conclusion, of course.

Best Wishes in that Regard!

You believe in a "god", a god of your own construct. You have reached your own conclusion and in trusting in your self you have placed yourself on the path that leads to destruction.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Tell that to Saquist.
I can KNOW God doesn't exist just as well as Saquist can KNOW God does exist. :shrug:

what prevents god from revealing himself, and how does that work on par with the requirement for accessing all knowledge in all times and places simultaneously to make the statement "I know god does not exist"
:confused:

That's pretty interesting coming from someone who has already fully admitted to not knowing very much at all about the physical world or even how scientists come to an understanding of it.
if you think that macro evolution has been demonstrated, you had better check whether you got your science diploma at a sci-fi workshop or an accredited institute of higher education ....

if you think that macro evolution has been demonstrated, you had better check whether you got your science diploma at a sci-fi workshop or an accredited institute of higher education ....

Macro evolution (or simply evolution) has been demonstrated to death in the fossil record.

Macro evolution (or simply evolution) has been demonstrated to death in the fossil record.
you do realize that for something to be demonstrated in science it must be demonstrated from the cause through to the effect (as opposed to taking the effect and saying "well let me tell you about the cause ....")?

The effect which is demonstrated through the fossil record supports, in full, the theory of evolution. There is a physical phenomena demonstrated in the fossil record that links all species on Earth through evolution.

As a single example of macro evolution, scientists came up with the theory that sea mammals must have evolved from land animals. Pretty obvious right, because they are... er... mammals. But there were no discovered transitioning fossils to prove this which prompted much criticism by creationists. Yet scientists claimed there must be transitioning fossils and sure enough the evidence was not long in coming as another gap was filled that strengthened the theory of evolution further.

what prevents god from revealing himself, and how does that work on par with the requirement for accessing all knowledge in all times and places simultaneously to make the statement "I know god does not exist"
:confused:

I can easily turn that around LG, but I'm getting tired of these games. I'm not really that interested in it anyway. I have no problem with you believing what you believe. I think everyone is free to believe whatever he or she wants as long as they don't bother others with it.

Knowledge is internal. It is the one thing no one can take from you. It therefore is the threat many fear. People with too much knowledge can change the world.

Hence, the opening post's question, how do YOU know for a fact that you're NOT going to burn for eternity? Perhaps your god has already determined your future and there's nothing you can do about it.

You WILL burn.

Is there anything you can think of that would change your future?

you do realize that for something to be demonstrated in science it must be demonstrated from the cause through to the effect (as opposed to taking the effect and saying "well let me tell you about the cause ....")?

Quit saying that! You don't know anything about science!

And also, did you not read snakelord's post regarding observed speciation events? Research it a bit with that thing you're letting rot in your head.

'In evolutionary biology today, macroevolution is used to refer to any evolutionary change at or above the level of species. It means at least the splitting of a species into two (speciation, or cladogenesis, from the Greek meaning "the origin of a branch", see Fig. 1) or the change of a species over time into another'. Here

1) Speciation has been observed/demonstrated. (eg Tragopogon)

2) Speciation is macro evolution.

3) Where did you get your science diploma? A sci-fi worskhop? It certainly wasn't at an accredited institute of higher education now was it?

4) The only person here that your statement applies to is yourself - the one that seemingly believes macro evolution refers to a goat giving birth to a hippopotamus. :crazy:

5) Go learn something then get back to me.

:spank:

'In evolutionary biology today, macroevolution is used to refer to any evolutionary change at or above the level of species.
and the rest of the sentence reads
"in contrast with microevolution,[1] which refers to smaller evolutionary changes (typically described as changes in allele frequencies) within a species or population. The process of speciation may fall within the purview of either, depending on the forces thought to drive it."
:shrug:

I guess from here we can have a long drawn out discussion (with the usual flaming) about what the words "macro-evolution" really means or we can actually talk about what my point is - namely that one genus of animal evolving in to another has not been demonstrated

Quit saying that! You don't know anything about science!

this is not how science "demonstrates" things?

Originally Posted by lightgigantic

And also, did you not read snakelord's post regarding observed speciation events? Research it a bit with that thing you're letting rot in your head.
the next question is whether speciation demonstrates macro evolution ......

Back