Are YOU Destined To Burn For Eternity?

Saquist/Davewhite - do you agree with Photizo that one never comes to the knowledge of truth?

It depends on how far he speaking of knowledge in bible terms. If he's saying that we'll never know everything...then he's right. That's a scriptural point in the Bible. It illistrates just how much there is to know.

If he's saying that we can't know him at all. Then that is wrong...why then would the bible insist on say..."This means everlasting life their taking in knowledge of the you the true God and the one whom you sent forth Jesus Christ."-- John 17:3

It depends on how far he speaking of knowledge in bible terms. If he's saying that we'll never know everything...then he's right. That's a scriptural point in the Bible. It illistrates just how much there is to know.

I appear to be bowing back into the discussion. Pardon me.

I would agree there are many questions, and given time, scientists might answer them all. I know that's a stretch, but it is certainly a possibility, given time.

Are you and Photizo saying that the bible would not agree with that statement? Will there always be an unanswerable question? And if so, would that question even be relevant to mankind?

Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Ummm… Photizo you apparently think that you have received the "knowledge of the truth". If we go with that theory then I have to ask you if you have stopped sinning?

Hebrews 10:26-27
26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

For your sake I hope so!

Ummm… Photizo you apparently think that you have received the "knowledge of the truth". If we go with that theory then I have to ask you if you have stopped sinning?

Hebrews 10:26-27
26If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

For your sake I hope so!

So an anti-christ quotes The Holy Word of God and thinks they know what it means. But one who hates the will of God does not have the Holy Spirit to be able to dicern what they read.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Active Word willfully. Did you wilfully disregard that Word in your reading? Or are you as i suspect Blinded and incapable of understanding anything of the Word of God.

So your attempt to use this passage to condemn those forgiven through the grace of Jesus because they sin, falls to the ground.

It is not sin but wilful sin that is the stumbling stone.

Paul declares His will. And this will is the Right Spirit.

Romans 7
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

I also thank God for my Redemption through Jesus my Redeemer. :)

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Life eternal

Do you follow your religion to a tee? Is there anything you've done in your life that would justify your god tossing you into his hell? Can you honestly admit to yourself that you do everything your religion prescribes for you to get into your heaven?

Or, do you think your god has already decided you will burn for eternity in his hell?

Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Revelations 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

:D

Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me:

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Regarding the passage from Hebrews you cite...in order to make sense of that passage you need to discern the forest from the trees. You don't possess the eyes/requisite vision to do so.

BTW...Kudo's to you, Adstar. :bravo:

Last edited:
Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me:

:

Thanks Photizo,

You showethed me the way.
Sin may now dwelleth in me but I Shall not be rethponthible for thy thins( sorry, still thruggling wid(witheth) de(tttthhhhe) new language.

Thy thinth shall be the doing of Thy inner Thinner, whoever the Hell thee(she) may be.

BWahahahaha! you're a fuckin' riot!

Thanks Photizo,

You showethed me the way.
Sin may now dwelleth in me but I Shall not be rethponthible for thy thins( sorry, still thruggling wid(witheth) de(tttthhhhe) new language.

Thy thinth shall be the doing of Thy inner Thinner, whoever the Hell thee(she) may be.

BWahahahaha! you're a fuckin' riot!

Be it known unto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this Man is preached unto you the forgiveness of sins: And by Him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses*.

Beware therefore, lest that come upon you, which is spoken of in the prophets; Behold, ye despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I work a work in your days, a work which ye shall in no wise believe, though a man declare it unto you.

* see Romans 3:20:

For no one can ever be made right in God's sight by doing what his law commands. For the more we know God's law, the clearer it becomes that we aren't obeying it.

Last edited:
In this context then I would say that it is possible to know the truth, being a Christian and all :)

Or, more correctly, what YOU believe to be the truth, being a Christian, and not a Muslim, or a Jew, or a Sikh, or a ...

Romans 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

1 John 2:25 And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.

Revelations 18:10 Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

Yes, scriptures are one thing and how you've lead your life is another. The possibility does exist that your god decided your fate long before you were born perhaps, or yesterday, or will do so tomorrow or the next day. Once simply does not know for sure.

One may completely reject all religions, yet lead such a life as to have earned their place in heaven, regardless of whether or not they believe such a place exists.

One may completely reject all religions, yet lead such a life as to have earned their place in heaven, regardless of whether or not they believe such a place exists.

False.

A "place in heaven" is incapable of being earned by any human being. We simply do not possess the ability...furthermore, if it were possible, the Incarnation is unnecessary: ...we Jewish Christians know that we become right with God, not by doing what the law commands, but by faith in Jesus Christ.

So we have believed in Christ Jesus, that we might be accepted by God because of our faith in Christ and not because we have obeyed the law. For no one will ever be saved by obeying the law...For when I tried to keep the law, I realized I could never earn God's approval...I am not one of those who treats the grace of God as meaningless. For if we could be saved by keeping the law, then there was no need for Christ to die.

Well according to the overall pattern I've seen in studying NDEs' (near death experiences),It depends on your spiritual vibrations...how much unconditional love you have in you and your overall compassion. God is not so petty as to care about just giving verbal acknowledgment to he/shes' existence or following /belief in any one particular religion.
Of course, I realize you doubt NDEs' and regard them as simply being "daydreams" of the dying brain. Fair enough..that's your belief.;)

Last edited:
So an anti-christ quotes The Holy Word of God and thinks they know what it means. But one who hates the will of God does not have the Holy Spirit to be able to dicern what they read.

Hebrews 10
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries.

Active Word willfully. Did you wilfully disregard that Word in your reading? Or are you as i suspect Blinded and incapable of understanding anything of the Word of God.

So your attempt to use this passage to condemn those forgiven through the grace of Jesus because they sin, falls to the ground.

It is not sin but wilful sin that is the stumbling stone.

Paul declares His will. And this will is the Right Spirit.

Romans 7
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin. 15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do. 16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good. 17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me. 18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. 19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. 20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. 22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. 23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. 24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? 25 I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Regarding the passage from Hebrews you cite...in order to make sense of that passage you need to discern the forest from the trees. You don't possess the eyes/requisite vision to do so.

BTW...Kudo's to you, Adstar. :bravo:

First let me say that I am glad that I have served in some small way to bring you two, Adstar and Photizo, together. For without me you two would probably be tearing each other apart with mutual condemnations. At least I have achieved some small good in this place. Not exactly an easy thing to do in itself but sometimes even the apparently impossible, can actually happen. Perhaps in some very small degree you are learning to love and respect each other even when you disagree about things. You are finally growing together in Christian brotherly love. So congratulations to each of you! ...Of course, I could be wrong!

By the way, I still find it curious that each of you claims to have the Holy Spirit guiding them to all truth yet you still disagree about the gospel over some very basic things. At least according to what I have seen in the past, you do. Please explain this, if you can, as it would greatly help your case. I also take it that you both still condemn Saquist to hell, for daring to think differently than you, right? Fortunately, for him, he does not think that hell even exists. What warm, loving hearts you both have, indeed! I can still feel the love!

Now as to the topic at hand, I have noticed over time that you both seem to routinely choose to believe only the scriptures that you like. Perhaps I am wrong, but it is almost like you take a knife and surgically remove from the Bible anything that you disagree with. At the very least you pretend that they are simply not there. Do not feel too bad about this because all Christians tend to do this at one level or another. It is probably the only way they can stay somewhat sane when confronted with such titanic confusion. Just my own personal opinion.

Information is controlled to a very high degree within each church in order to make sure that the people hear what the leadership wants them to hear and little else. The Bible must at least appear to be in total agreement from beginning to end in order to keep the people under control. And of course anyone who disagrees with the official doctrines of the church or in your case, you individually, must be demonized. I know too well personally how it all works, so please don’t worry about your failings in this area. I will not let it get to me and I forgive you.

For your own sakes you both better be right in your judgements and condemnations and twisting of your own scriptures because the following would seem to indicate that you really are not correct.

In plain English, Paul was wrong.

Matthew 5:20
For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Philippians 2:12
Therefore, my dear friends, as you have always obeyed—not only in my presence, but now much more in my absence—continue to work out your salvation with fear and trembling,

Galatians 6:7-8
7Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. 8The one who sows to please his sinful nature, from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.

1 John 2: 3-6
3We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4The man who says, "I know him," but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5But if anyone obeys his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did.

1 John 3:4-10
4Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact, sin is lawlessness. 5But you know that he appeared so that he might take away our sins. And in him is no sin. 6No one who lives in him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to sin has either seen him or known him. 7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil's work. 9No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because God's seed remains in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. 10This is how we know who the children of God are and who the children of the devil are: Anyone who does not do what is right is not a child of God; nor is anyone who does not love his brother.

I will leave you with this excerpt from the above passage:

7Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. He who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous. 8He who does what is sinful is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the beginning.

Take Care!

First let me say...

41ME30TBYVL._AA160_.gif
...blah, blah, blah, blah.

:zzz:

Back