Are YOU Destined To Burn For Eternity?

I'll spit in Jesus's eye then kick him in the balls before he tosses me into his Nazi-like Hell. Jesus is a sadistic pervert into torturing folks for eternity....he's as evil as they come. Jesus is one sick puppy and he won't get me without a fight.

You can't kick him in the balls, there's no need for balls in heaven you know.. :p

No balls needed? Oh you're right, Mary just sort of 'got pregnant'.;)

michael the Archangel: 'Hey girl, the Big Guy is going to drop by. Here's a few coins. God said there's more where that came from if you don't make him wear a condom. Send Joseph out tonight for a loaf of bread'.

No balls needed? Oh you're right, Mary just sort of 'got pregnant'.;)

michael the Archangel: 'Hey girl, the Big Guy is going to drop by. Here's a few coins. God said there's more where that came from if you don't make him wear a condom. Send Joseph out tonight for a loaf of bread'.

LOL one of the theists here asserted that once, just thought it was the right time to reproduce the assertion ;)

Certainly. The point came back on page 8 after you asserted that all your prayers were answered, (if god wanted to answer them). What you're doing is basically ignoring all the failures, concentrating on good outcomes and saying "hey look, there is a god and it answers my prayers".

Didn't realize it was possible to have absolutely no point at all. But you've exceeded my expectations. How could you be this wrong.

"All my prayers have been answered."

"There is one very serious defect to my mind in Christ's moral character, and that is that He believed in hell. I do not myself feel that any person who is really profoundly humane can believe in everlasting punishment. Christ certainly as depicted in the Gospels did believe in everlasting punishment, and one does find repeatedly a vindictive fury against those people who would not listen to His preaching"
(http://users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html)

Could you find it in your heart to condemn your loved ones or even total strangers to everlasting suffering if they did not believe in your message? It seems Jesus could. :bugeye:

"There is one very serious defect to my mind in Christ's moral character, and that is that He believed in hell. I do not myself feel that any person who is really profoundly humane can believe in everlasting punishment. Christ certainly as depicted in the Gospels did believe in everlasting punishment, and one does find repeatedly a vindictive fury against those people who would not listen to His preaching"
(http://users.drew.edu/~jlenz/whynot.html)

Could you find it in your heart to condemn your loved ones or even total strangers to everlasting suffering if they did not believe in your message? It seems Jesus could. :bugeye:

Stretched I think you're right. Todays religion has miss understood what hell is according to the Hebrews.

Our current perception of Hell was founded from Plato's book loosely based on the bible called Dante's Inferno as a result religions across the world beleive that Hell is a firey place of torment.

Look back what Hell means for the Hebrews and the Jews,which Jesus was one of. Hell, or Sheol meant litteral "the grave of mankind." as a result the scriptures describe that Jesus as well as every faithful follower of God went to "Hell" Does that mean that they were tortured in a firey place for etternity?

No. No where in the scriptures is such a description found litteraly. The only depiction is in revelations where it describes the second death. Something which hasn't occured as of yet.

Let the record show that Jesus nor the Jews ever believed in a firey place of torment where people are tortured forever.

Research the origins of this firey place by looking up Gehenna, Sheol and look for the litteral transcriptions and translation. The truth can be found in details and patterns. I encourage you to seek some of these details and most importantly ask questions.

Our current perception of Hell was founded from Plato's book loosely based on the bible called Dante's Inferno as a result religions across the world beleive that Hell is a firey place of torment.

Plato wrote the first chapter of that book, eh?

Does that mean that they were tortured in a firey place for etternity? No.
No where in the scriptures is such a description found litteraly.

Matthew 13:40
"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.

Matthew 18:18
"It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

Matthew 18:19
"It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Matthew 25:41
"'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire.."

Mark 9:43, Mark 9:48, Mark 9:49, Luke 3:9, John 15:6, Hebrews 10:27, Jude 1:7, Revelation 20:15, Matthew 13:42, Matthew 13:50...

And that's just at a quick glance.

Sorry, you were saying?

Or, do you think your god has already decided you will burn for eternity in his hell?

Depends on your religion. Islam, Buddhism, among others, don't believe that Hell is eternal.

[a-5];1548786 said:
Depends on your religion. Islam, Buddhism, among others, don't believe that Hell is eternal.

It doesn't matter, that isn't the point.

The point is that the god of (insert religion here) will determine your fate, not you.

You may lead a life of complete devotion to your god, yet in the end, he/she/it decides to roast you anyways for eternity, regardless of what you want or what you believe.

Yep, the afterlife is a bitch.

Afterlife? You won't have an "afterlife"...The majority of you wandering these fora are dead even as we speak... You will continue on in the pathetic state you find yourself now (separated from the source of Life Himself, i.e. Jesus Christ) which is a far cry from being alive...I don't envy you...all the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will occupy every moment of your existence....sheesh. You know the attitudes you exhibit towards God and religion now? They will be nothing compared to how you will feel 'then' in your so called "afterlife." So, yea, it certainly will be a bitch--for you (plural) anyway.

Last edited:
Plato wrote the first chapter of that book, eh?

Sorry, not Plato, (yikes!) Dante alighieri.
The Divine Comedy (Italian: Commedia, later christened "Divina" by Giovanni Boccaccio), written by Dante Alighieri between 1308 and his death in 1321, is widely considered the central epic poem of Italian literature.

Matthew 13:40
"As the weeds are pulled up and burned in the fire, so it will be at the end of the age.

Matthew 18:18
"It is better for you to enter life maimed or crippled than to have two hands or two feet and be thrown into eternal fire."

Matthew 18:19
"It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell."

Matthew 25:41
"'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire.."

Mark 9:43, Mark 9:48, Mark 9:49, Luke 3:9, John 15:6, Hebrews 10:27, Jude 1:7, Revelation 20:15, Matthew 13:42, Matthew 13:50...

And that's just at a quick glance.

Sorry, you were saying?

One of the reason I refrenced I refrenced Gehenna in the research spot...(an I must enphasize RESEARCH in it's complete form.) Is that Gehenna was the only litteral place spoken of which was a firey place of destruction.

Research reveals the Gehnenna was a for lack of a better description...a trash dump slash make ship cremator. It was a valley that was constantly kept burning where dead bodies and refuse of all kinds was hurled into.

Does the scriptures above say this is where they will burn forever. No it's figurative. Revelation tells us such a place is merely symbolic there for your above scriptures are meant to symbolize the impossibility of returning from death. That is how Gehenna is typically used. That symbolism carries over to the Lake of Fire and Sulfer.

Then there is the problem of certain translations likely as the one you're using which substitute Gehenna and Sheol with Hell fire and eternal fire. It's inaccurate and miss leading like many bibles tend to do. Just as bibles are notorious for replacing God's Divine name (Jehovah) with the title Lord or God. It's inaccurate and missleading.

Research is never just a quick glance.

It's inaccurate and missleading.

What's inaccurate and misleading is your parroted cultish claptrap. I've got one thing to say to you:

another gospel--Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

pervert the gospel of Christ[/U]. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached

Photizo, how can you be sure you are not following a "perverted" gospel?
Can you be sure you are not following a bastardized version of Christs teachings? Were the early church fathers pure and clean and without any sin?
Any possibility they changed many of the teachings to accomodate the orthodox elements desire for power and control??
If not..is there any non biblical sources that can verify these gospels are direct revalations from God?

What's inaccurate and misleading is your parroted cultish claptrap. I've got one thing to say to you:

Everything else you said was irrelevant. I'm more intrested in this emotional reaction you've had to what was a purely factual statement. Is this your modus operandi? The truth based on emotion, tradition, orthodoxy?

Does the scriptures above say this is where they will burn forever

Nope, it just says you will burn forever. Hey, I don't believe it either - but I was merely showing that your statement that nowhere does scripture say people burn for eternity was inaccurate.

No it's figurative.

I see. So basically you're telling me that jesus was talking out of his ass?

Then there is the problem of certain translations likely as the one you're using which substitute Gehenna and Sheol with Hell fire and eternal fire.

:bugeye: Which version would you like me to use?

Back