Are you an introvert or extrovert?

Not sure if you've noticed this as well, but male friends of mine catch me doing this, as well as coworkers. I tend to pose tasks that I'd like to have done, in the form of a question. Not just at work, really anywhere. An example, ''Hey, Bob, can you email me your client list when you get a chance?'' Instead of ''Please send me your client list when you get a chance.''

I do this a lot and it really would take a lot to break free from it, I think. Even at the grocery store if I'm ordering fish or something that requires assistance - ''Can I have that slice right there (pointing to it) , of salmon?'' :D

Most of the time I'm asking questions instead of simply making statements. This is a more common communication style for women, than men. Most of my thread topics are in the form of questions, too. Damn. :oops:

I don't think it's anything you need to change. Men need to understand that kind of request and maybe be a little more polite at times as well. I'm really polite at the deli of the grocery store or in a restaurant.

Why don't you just get some manners?
gmilam is upset at realising the quandary of the situation where the personal affiliation to capitalism has been usurped to become a detractor from their own sense of fairness to access.

admitting to the fact that 401k's have been taken away in the dead of night, along with wage rates and varying other aspects while corporates have installed over arching regulation on personal freedoms as a sense of normalcy, to be a step too far down the rabbit hole.

giving something for free and not being paid for the time to travel or time to go for the drug test etc..
i knew it would rattle gmilam as it is an anti capitalist idea to demand prospective contract negotiators to forfeit rights prior to receiving anything.
gmilam offered their personal experience as an example.
they didnt like it being critiqued even though they offered it.
had gmilam not offered it, i would not have commented.

i dont go about rattling peoples happiness unless they offer it up to be pulled apart and tested, and even then i rarely would do as its over all not usually helpful.
but for a scientific discussion in rights and law, i think it warrants a sense of logical definition.

Last edited:
More fodder for the 'RainbowSingularity is a Chatbot' theory...

i thought you were a center right democrat rather than a republican apologist
i agree with center left conservative democrats that social policy should be there to protect the vulnerable and support common moral laws as a secular model of core policy.

do you ever get bored with apologizing for your political leaders ?

15 years of well paid employment with matching 401k and insurance doing a job I enjoyed isn't exactly nothing in return.

However, the company did eventually go bankrupt due to poor management.
They had this great psychological test for management material.
But, of course you gave away the right to autonomy before they offered you anything at all. You submitting to the tests with no commitment from them. And somewhere in an archive, your personal information is still their property. If that urine turns out to be the cure for baldness, they don'
t owe you a penny in royalties.

If that urine

turns up at a crime scene then your justice system gives you the death penalty.

lovely set of morals !

bringing you to justice in god ol American style
done by your law-makers making laws and bringing you to justice

praise be we be bringing em to the justice land
glory be !
justice fa all

I wonder if there’s another secretive reason behind the use of these tests, because you’re right.
Well, I'd offer the reasons I posted in 183:
Standardized tests require less effort for busy busy interviewers. And they also provide ... a standard. And a paper trail.

It is much easier to manipulate answers to a personality test than it is to wing it in an interview. Resumes can be fact-checked, both independently, and in the interview.
I disagree there. Most psychopaths, for example, are great at mimicking normal responses. And some people are _great_ actors. I've interviewed a few.

Well, I'd offer the reasons I posted in 183:
Standardized tests require less effort for busy busy interviewers. And they also provide ... a standard. And a paper trail.

Nah. By secretive, I mean nefarious. lol

Kind of serious, actually.

They had this great psychological test for management material.
But, of course you gave away the right to autonomy before they offered you anything at all. You submitting to the tests with no commitment from them. And somewhere in an archive, your personal information is still their property. If that urine turns out to be the cure for baldness, they don'
t owe you a penny in royalties.
I get it, you're crazy, right?

i think you will find there is a stark difference between 2 basic primary important aspects
1 the total time taken interviewing people as a part of their job function
2 the total amount of complaining about not having enough time to do things that are not deemed to have a financial profitability factor to the role of the job
3 the amount of cost cutting that is done at the expense of employing a professional recruiter to over look the entire process and selection system.
4 the buss ticket clipping of models of compliance based selection criteria instead of dynamic interview technique under a sense of experiential knowledge.
5 magic

I disagree there. Most psychopaths, for example, are great at mimicking normal responses. And some people are _great_ actors. I've interviewed a few.
That's a pretty specious example. Most people aren't psychopaths or great actors.

While some people might fake their way through an interview well, it doesn't change the fact that it's still easier to manipulate a written questionnaire. (That holds true for psychopaths too).

After all, a written personality test is essentially just an interview, sans any interaction - and with plenty of time of craft one's responses.

Last edited:
You know what? There should be a new standard test that determines if a candidate is a sociopath. Honestly, there is at least one sociopath at my workplace and a test like that would be quite helpful. :rolleye:

Making friends everywhere you go huh, RS? ;)

RS isn’t a chat bot. He just communicates differently.

no body wants uniqueness
they want groups they already understand and know how to pigeon hole.

im a star shape in a square hole demanding round edges for squiggly lines :)
excuse me im thinking
colorful-powder-explosion-in-all-directions-in-a-nice-composition-with-vivid-colors-and-black-background-artur-debat.jpg

You know what? There should be a new standard test that determines if a candidate is a sociopath. Honestly, there is at least one sociopath at my workplace and a test like that would be quite helpful. :rolleye:
Alas, the one thing sociopaths are good at, is looking on-paper like they're not sociopaths.

Back