are millatry schools ethical?

Its chaos, at least art has some flow to it.

Military science I believe is somewhat misleading, it implies that there is some sort of scientific way to assure victory. Its simply who can throw the other deeper into the hole.

Is the military schools under discussion ones like West Point, Annapolis, Virginia Military Institute, USAFA, the Citadel, Royal Military College of Canada etc.

Or are you talking about JROTC?

Technically, those aren't military schools - they're military academies. A military school, at least in the U.S. is just like the one five miles from where I am right now. They're purpose is to take boys - like in a boarding school environment - and teach them discipline along with their regular school curricula.

Military science I believe is somewhat misleading, it implies that there is some sort of scientific way to assure victory. Its simply who can throw the other deeper into the hole.

VERY incorrect!! Military science is FAR more than that - it involves things like logistics, strategy, countermeasures, risk assessment and dozens of other factors involved in planning and effective deployment.

Did you just say Military Science is not a science?!

Do you realize the sophistication involved in operations planning?

It is a science in that it is extremely sophisticated and the theory behind it is science. It is an art in that it is spontaneous and creative.

It is kinda like Psychology, but more artistic.

Military Science is way more then field commanding.

Military Science is science and art combined at its finest!

Technically, those aren't military schools - they're military academies. A military school, at least in the U.S. is just like the one five miles from where I am right now. They're purpose is to take boys - like in a boarding school environment - and teach them discipline along with their regular school curricula.

True, West Point, Annapolis and USAFA are Federal Service Academies.

Oh, we don't have those in Canada, so I don't know about them, thanks for clearing it up!

Are they JROTC?

EDIT: I found one in Canada, is it like this?

http://www.ourkids.net/school/school-profile.php?id=93

P.S. I think they are worthless compared to Military Academies

Last edited:
True, West Point, Annapolis and USAFA are Federal Service Academies.

Oh, we don't have those in Canada, so I don't know about them, thanks for clearing it up!

You are very welcome. :) I only wish that Asguard would ask questions and get answers before starting silly threads like this one. (And I cannot help but notice that he seems to have run away after creating a lot of non-productive confusion even if it HAS helped some folks get a grasp on a few things.) ;)

You are very welcome. :) I only wish that Asguard would ask questions and get answers before starting silly threads like this one. (And I cannot help but notice that he seems to have run away after creating a lot of non-productive confusion even if it HAS helped some folks get a grasp on a few things.) ;)

For a second there I thought he meant Military Academies, then I thought he might mean JROTC.

I didn't know military schools existed in Canada.

Well, from what I gathered, it is good for discipline right? I don't see it being a bad thing.

Also, from what I gathered, they don't provide proper military training anyways.

Run away, it was 3:30 am. I went to sleep

No problem then. Have you learned anything since returning?

Yea, that sciforums is irrelivent when you wake up to an SMS from your mum saying your uncle died overnight.

As for the schools I don't belive I mentioned a country in the operning post. Yours OR mine. So why don't you get off your high horse

War is a very motivational factor, when viewing it from a technological development perspective. Sadly I doubt we would have been at the technological level that we are today, had it not been for war. Strife is in our nature whether we like it or not. It's one of the downsides of being an animal.

Yea, that sciforums is irrelivent when you wake up to an SMS from your mum saying your uncle died overnight.

As for the schools I don't belive I mentioned a country in the operning post. Yours OR mine. So why don't you get off your high horse

No high horse here, bub. I made it quite CLEAR in my response that I didn't know which country you were talking about. :shrug: And I'll quote it here in case you didn't understand it the first time around:

"As usual, Asguard, you have NO idea what you are talking about if you mean the military schools in the U.S. (I don't know what they are like in YOUR country and therefore would never be presumptuous enough to criticize them - I only wish you had the good sense to treat our country that way).

Our military schools certainly ARE ethical !! They teach the same subjects as all other public/private schools do here. The only difference is that they foster an environment that emphasizes personal discipline. Period. "

No high horse here, bub. I made it quite CLEAR in my response that I didn't know which country you were talking about. :shrug: And I'll quote it here in case you didn't understand it the first time around:

"As usual, Asguard, you have NO idea what you are talking about if you mean the military schools in the U.S. (I don't know what they are like in YOUR country and therefore would never be presumptuous enough to criticize them - I only wish you had the good sense to treat our country that way).

Our military schools certainly ARE ethical !! They teach the same subjects as all other public/private schools do here. The only difference is that they foster an environment that emphasizes personal discipline. Period. "

I am not being fascetious here but why not call them Schools of Discipline if these Military Academies are not teaching the art of war. If all these schools teach is personal discipline with the usual criteria then my answer is yes they are ethical, however, then why call them Military Acadamies?

I am not being fascetious here but why not call them Schools of Discipline if these Military Academies are not teaching the art of war. If all these schools teach is personal discipline with the usual criteria then my answer is yes they are ethical, however, then why call them Military Acadamies?

Because they are structured in military fashion - with ranks and such. Also, I believe the name you're suggesting would never fly because it carries a connotation of being a school for "problem kids." ;)

I would be against the rigid discipline of such a school, but I don't think killing is always wrong. We don't want them to grow up into pacifists.

that the difference between between people like you and the amish, alot of neo pagans, or my self for that matter. killing is and should be always be wrong. yes their are times it is needed and should be done but the taking of a life should not ever be considered a good thing.

Back