Are men afraid of women who know what they want?

Let me take a stab at the promiscuous double standard.
While I don't 100% agree with it, I will ask you, and all the women here:
Is it collectively easier for a guy to get laid or for a girl??

Hold on there, when it comes to fidelity, both men and women are equally held to the same standard. If you think otherwise, you've been brainwashed by the media, who get their morality standards from the same curbside in Hollywood.

A guy who sleeps around is as big a slut as a woman who sleeps around. A guy who cheats on his spouse is as big an adulterer as a woman who cheats.

But, you are right, guys are walking hormones. Doesn't mean we have to respond to them, and become them. ;)

Hold on there, when it comes to fidelity, both men and women are equally held to the same standard. If you think otherwise, you've been brainwashed by the media, who get their morality standards from the same curbside in Hollywood.

A guy who sleeps around is as big a slut as a woman who sleeps around. A guy who cheats on his spouse is as big an adulterer as a woman who cheats.

But, you are right, guys are walking hormones. Doesn't mean we have to respond to them, and become them. ;)
I didn't say I advocated the behavior, just throwing out some hypotheses as to why the double standard is held.

And I disagree that men and women are held to the same standards concerning fidelity. Don't get me wrong, they should be held to the same standards, but as luci even stated, they aren't.
And even so, you know as well as I do that men and women cheat for different reasons.
Women almost always cheat because they feel neglected or they haven't been put up on a pedestal like they expect the men to put them on.
Men, I've noticed, cheat either because of the excitement of the affair, or because they want as many conquests as they can get, OR because the wife is being stingy with the pussy at home (which I've heard happens a lot).

And regardless of who is held to what standard concerning fidelity, you never answered my question;
Collectively, is it easier for a guy or a girl to get laid? (I'm not talking about relationships, just sex/getting laid)

Well I guess the question people should ask is, "what is the natural relationship between man and woman", the Second question that people should ask is "what has society done to make that natural relationship change"

I would like to ask the women of this topic just what is it that a man means to a women, just what are we suppose to be as men in the women opinion.

Is there a reason that a women should be bound(a life comrade) to a man.

Why are there a male and female.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

Well I guess the question people should ask is, "what is the natural relationship between man and woman", the Second question that people should ask is "what has society done to make that natural relationship change"

I would like to ask the women of this topic just what is it that a man means to a women, just what are we suppose to be as men in the women opinion. Is there a reason that a women should be bound(a life comrade) to a man.

Why are there a male and female.

DwayneD.L.Rabon

for me a partnership, me and my husband have our own business and he respects me for the work i do, not only for having his kids, keeping the house clean, and making sure all goes well, but has a partner and i respect him has a partner aswell, a man to me is:

someone who isnt affraid to let women have a life.
someone who wouldnt hit a woman
trust himself
trust his gf/wife
someone who isnt affraid to take a womans advice,

but it has also got to swing the other way aswell.

Why is it that, all though we are living in the year 2008, whya re we still having this sexism arguement? are men affraid that we wont need them anymore?

why is it ok for men to do somthing and be seen has a great guy, but when a woman does it, we get this double standards?

why do men like to tell women what to do?

Depends on what they want.. :p

I married my EX because she was a bright, intelligent girl with a good future ahead of her with her attitude of knowing what she wanted and how she was going to get it done. I just didn't realize she was going to try and kill me in the process of getting everything she wanted!:eek:

I didn't say I advocated the behavior, just throwing out some hypotheses as to why the double standard is held.

And I disagree that men and women are held to the same standards concerning fidelity. Don't get me wrong, they should be held to the same standards, but as luci even stated, they aren't.

Are they treated differently? You are stating that there is a double standard for women right? Can you prove it with at least 10 cases where a guy is given "the pass" for being promiscuous?

I bet that if that guy's friends were not dicks, then they would not be giving passes.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of wishy-washy girls who DON'T know what they want. I love intelligent, ambitious girls.

YAY!

I'm so sick of men who only want a vacuous zombie with no brain for a girlfriend. Thank you. You just restored my faith.

Girls love to fuck but guys need to fuck

No, girls definitely need to fuck too. They get evil and irrational when they don't. :D

i am just trying to get down to why men expect double standards from women, tattoos are ok for men and not women

I know how you mean, I hate how when I go moshing at metal concerts I get comments like 'You're a right violent one aren't you?' These guys mean it in a nice, kind of admiring way, but still. When men do it it's normal, when a girl does it she's seen as being an over-testosteroned bulldyke. Why?

And yeah, the one about tattoos pisses me off too. As soon as I'm sure I've finished growing, I'm getting a Mists-of-Avalon-style serpent around my left forearm. And I don't care how many people whine about how it looks masculine.

Are they treated differently? You are stating that there is a double standard for women right? Can you prove it with at least 10 cases where a guy is given "the pass" for being promiscuous?

I bet that if that guy's friends were not dicks, then they would not be giving passes.

I think you're pretty much right here, a growing number of guys these days don't see promiscuity as a good thing anymore because so many women act the same way and they've realised how unattractive they find such a quality for anything other than a one off fuck. Conversely a large number of modern women seem to now have the old male attitude that being promiscuous is cool, and then wonder why lots of people call them sluts and don't want anything more with them than gratuitous sex. It seems to me that there's almost a non-existant gap in the double standard anymore, it's just an old oft-regurgitated phrase, after all, if only men want one off sex, then where in fact are they getting it?;)

I think a woman who goes home with a guy she just met at a bar is a slut!

we see that a lot in blackpool, espeially in the summer time, and in fact its not unusual for girls has young as 13 to go to they're local clinc and have the contraceptive device installed

LMAO! I saw you posted and I thought to myself, 'I bet he says lucky' and guess what!
Yeah, women judge the women, then bitch that its not fair that women are considered sluts while men are considered studs. Makes no sense to me.

Makes perfect sense to us studs! ;)

I don't consider a guy going to a bar every weekend to pick up a girl to get laid a STUD! I consider him an asshole.
Most men that I have known, have told me this. If I go to a bar and some woman will easily just come home and jump into
bed with me, how many other men does she do this with? Then they have told me, they would never consider having a serious
relationship with someone who did that. Do what you want, that kind of thing was never for me. Not because I didn't have many
opportunities but for the fact that I would not jump into bed with a stranger I just met. I would wonder how many women do they p/u
just to get laid. With all the diseases running around out there, I think if you live that kind of lifestyle you are an complete idiot.

Last edited:
I don't consider a guy going to a bar every weekend to pick up a girl to get laid a STUD! I consider him an asshole.

I myself don't attend bars and the like. But when I did I found that the womewn who came there were looking for one night stands as well many times.

but the word slut has to do with a woman's sexuality. Asshole doesn't have a thing to do with a man's sexuality. Stud does. What would be the male version of slut? Is there one?

Back