Are all soldiers like the Nazis?

Actually I'm claiming they don't do body counts ie the records don't exist.

If you claim they are doing body counts then there should be official records of deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan

What is confusing you?

I have made no claims. If I have show me.

Since you have made the only claim I am aware of, you should have no problem showing me official policy letters stating we don't do body counts.

Huh? I think the veep and the general making press statements and the complete absence of official death records [as stated frequently by human rights orgs] is enough to validate my claim.

All you need to do is point out the records you think exist.

Huh? I think the veep and the general making press statements and the complete absence of official death records [as stated frequently by human rights orgs] is enough to validate my claim.

All you need to do is point out the records you think exist.

The quote? So does the military run off of quotes from generals? No, they don't. If we did not do body counts it would be in a policy letter signed and dated in proper DoD standards from AT LEAST a field grade officer. So that everyone recognizes we don't do body counts, and ucmj can be filed against soldiers doing body counts.

Since you have failed to provide the information and have avoided doing so I will conclude you are making this up, or your source is ill advised.

Seeing as how I have counted bodies before, and reported it up I think I'll stick to what I so firmly believe.

The quote? So does the military run off of quotes from generals? No, they don't. If we did not do body counts it would be in a policy letter signed and dated in proper DoD standards from AT LEAST a field grade officer. So that everyone recognizes we don't do body counts, and ucmj can be filed against soldiers doing body counts.

Since you have failed to provide the information and have avoided doing so I will conclude you are making this up, or your source is ill advised.

Seeing as how I have counted bodies before, and reported it up I think I'll stick to what I so firmly believe.

You're right, the vice president could be lying in press statements. The general of the US forces could also be a bold faced liar. So could the human rights organisations who have failed to obtain any counts from the US.

Where are the records maintained? By whom? How are the casualties measured? Who keeps track of the victims? How?

The Nazis managed to keep track of millions, I suppose with computers the US could manage to be just as accurate.

You're right, the vice president could be lying in press statements. The general of the US forces could also be a bold faced liar. So could the human rights organisations who have failed to obtain any counts from the US.

Where are the records maintained? By whom? How are the casualties measured? Who keeps track of the victims? How?

The Nazis managed to keep track of millions, I suppose with computers the US could manage to be just as accurate.

The vice president said this now? Did you see this on television? I know it's not a generals job to count bodies, but i figured the vice president would be out there himself counting bodies.

The vice president said this now? Did you see this on television? I know it's not a generals job to count bodies, but i figured the vice president would be out there himself counting bodies.

Ah sorry not vice president, defense secretary Rumsfeld

SNOW: It's an interesting thing, because I get e-mails all the time, and people say, "We hear about our death counts. We never hear about theirs. Why?"

RUMSFELD: Well, we don't do body counts on other people. And we have certain rules on people we capture, in terms of exposing them to the public, Geneva Conventions and the like.

But on any given day, dozens of terrorists or criminals or Baathist remnants of the Saddam Hussein regime are being captured or killed, all across that country.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,101956,00.html

Thanks.
Iraq War
In the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the US military adopted an official policy of not counting deaths. General Tommy Franks' statement that "we don't do body counts" was widely reported. Critics claimed that Franks was only attempting to evade bad publicity, while supporters pointed to the failure of body counts to give an accurate impression of the state of the war in Vietnam. Various conflicting reports of the number of civilian deaths have surfaced. Iraq itself claims that around 12,000 deaths occurred in 2006 [1] and perhaps ~16,000 since the invasion. The United Nations has also kept track, and they report 26,782 deaths in the first ten months of 2006.[2] Several independent groups of researchers have also attempted to gather accounts of civilian deaths, with the most widely circulated project based on Google rank being the Iraq Body Count project. As of the beginning of 2008, they estimate between 80671 and 88095 civilian deaths since the occupation. The highest estimate at this time comes from a survey by the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, which has estimated 600,000 Iraqi deaths due to the war.

At the end of October 2005 it became public that the US military had been counting Iraqi fatalitites since January 2004, though only those killed by insurgents and not those killed by the US forces [3] [4].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_count

This statement is half true. We do a full count, we just only worry about how many the insurgents have killed. Which in turn only gives you one recorded number after it's been handled all the way to the top.

A soldier can later on be punished for murder if the circumstances of the situation made the act illegal. In which the number of civillians he killed is brought up against him.

This is the ideal circumstances.

Well there are no official counts available although, as you imply, they may well exist.

I did not realise you had seen "action". Do soldiers ever look at the people fighting them and realise they are also people doing their jobs?

Its not that difficult to reverse positions with them, surely?

You're a soldier, what would you do if you were invaded by a foreign military?

I admit its possible you might collaborate with the invaders, but then again, maybe you wouldn't.

i will defend the constitution of america against all enemies foriegn and domestic

Why? Its just a piece of paper. Pretty meaningless in practice. Why is it more important than people's lives?

We are going off topic. I will entertain this question though.

Our rights that should be protected from the government and the enemies of the united states of america.

I don't think its OT. You're a soldier and you're spouting standard military propoganda.

Its funny because you're occupying other countries in self defence.

Okay you're a hobbyist who counts dead bodies for fun, who is spouting standard government propaganda.

Mostly its your interest in the topic. I'm interested in this topic because the INC [Indian National Congress] is currently "at war" with "the Maoists" in Jharkand, in the same way that the BJP was "at war" with "Islamic fundamentalists"

Apparently all problems require a military solution and there is no end to the mindless foot soldiers available, whether it is war against other countries or hapless citizens[who just happen to be tribals on bitumen rich land] in your own. The rape, torture and massacre of Kashmiris by Indian soldiers is inexplicable as is their high suicide rate.

Hence my musings on the motivations of these foot soldiers.

Are you saying I am mindless now? I pity that you feel that way about soldiers. I am thankful for what you wrote. Now I may understand something about you. Perhaps we'll talk in the future.

Are you saying I am mindless now? I pity that you feel that way about soldiers. I am thankful for what you wrote. Now I may understand something about you. Perhaps we'll talk in the future.

Thanks, I remember our past conversations and I don't consider you mindless. But obviously there is a reason why wars do not lack for soldiers.

Back