Are all soldiers like the Nazis?

They are killing poor underprivileged people with white phosphorus and mechanical drones.

beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Is that the horse these guys were going to ride on their way to take over the world?

TalibanLAIS_468x283.jpg

The banality of evil. They are killing poor underprivileged people with white phosphorus and mechanical drones.

Thats not defence, thats murder.

Afghan village

a01_18330419.jpg

Americans "defending" themselves

an-air-strike-from-a-us-navy-f-18-fighter-destroys-a-suspected-taliban-position-on-april-3-2009-in-now-zad-in-helmand-province-afghanistan.jpg

What do you need, a brain transplant?

Again, you're a dolt. Armed forces don't simply go "hmmmmm, shall we randomly bomb this village this morning?" the only reason I can see that an area would be bombed is if there was a significant enemy concentration there that could not otherwise be dealt with. No one is silly enough to purposely burden their conscience with the slaughter of innocents.

One, you misquote me wrongly. And two... What would the numbers of WHAT be among americans?

Of opposition to having their doors broken down at night and their children shot at, or white phosphorus shells being dropped in their neighborhood. But wait, thats post-occupation eight years on. What would be the significant concentration of enemies in the American public who would attempt to fight the invasion? That would necessitate precision guided bombing of neighborhoods by the occupying regime?

Of opposition to having their doors broken down at night and their children shot at, or white phosphorus shells being dropped in their neighborhood.

Oh look, the dead horse is now beating on Sam.

Ummmm... An american WHO ATTEMPTS TO FIGHT THE INVASION would not be an enemy, are you retarded? Someone who gets attacked by an invading force, and attempts to fight back, is not an ENEMY of the invaded country? Are you doing drugs?

Ummmm... An american WHO ATTEMPTS TO FIGHT THE INVASION would not be an enemy, are you retarded? Someone who gets attacked by an invading force, and attempts to fight back, is not an ENEMY of the invaded country? Are you doing drugs?

No I am trying to figure out what percentage of Americans would NOT attempt to fight an invasion, but would volunteer to fight on behalf of them. I'm guessing these are the people that would not be targeted by the invading military as insurgents.

As to that, I have no clue. America is not likely to be invaded any time soon, and I think you know that (though you may wish it as much as you like), so there isn't much point in dabbling in a hypothetical such as that. Unless you've got some random percentage ready off the top of your head? Or some bullshit skewed data to present?

The banality of evil. They are killing poor underprivileged people with white phosphorus and mechanical drones.

Thats not defence, thats murder.
What do you need, a brain transplant?

Note the smug superiority with which you talk about these "poor underpriviledged" people.

The "Afghan village" picture was taken in Farah Province, Afghanistan. The explosion was an air strike on a remote taliban stronghold in Helmand Province. The US does not do air strikes in civilian areas, and is doing its best to keep the country from descending into a civil war.

Who me? Nope, not at all. I'm just wondering what percentage of Afghanies you imagine are not the enemy to the US occupation. I assume there is a reason you presume that people would welcome a military that bombs their neighborhoods. I thought maybe its because Americans would react like that.

Is that quote lifted from Starship Troopers? I haven't read it in some months, but it sounds familiar!
It is. Say what you will about Heinlein's authoritarian vision, but he really did nail it with his description of the military's role in a democratic society with that book.

S.A.M, did you read the post above yours? At all? Really? "The explosion was an airstrike on a remote taliban province." Or, like I asked earlier, is your eyesight failing? It was NOT a bombing of a civilian neighborhood. And I have no clue how many Afghani's aren't opposed to the occupation.

Also, I'm NOT american. I said it was my native country, that is all. not my nationality. Learn to stop being so presumptuous.

Let me guess, the "civil war" the Americans are preventing is between those who collaborate with the occupation and those who don't

It is. Say what you will about Heinlein's authoritarian vision, but he really did nail it with his description of the military's role in a democratic society with that book.

He did. He finally found a system in which a military is not only beneficial, but vital to a nation's wellbeing.

Neither the US soldiers nor the Afghan people see it as an "occupation". The citizenry of Afghanistan is not up in arms against an invading force, they are standing up against the remnants of a totalitarian regime that was overthrown. That is why the Afghan and US gov'ts are allies.

Let me guess, the "civil war" the Americans are preventing is between those who collaborate with the occupation and those who don't

You're really good at dodging questions and changing subject, aren't you?

Back