Are all soldiers like the Nazis?

Here is how they practice:

Note how the people living in their own homes are the "aggressors" here.

Ridiculous, are these soldiers brain dead?

http://afghanistanmylasttour.com/2009/04/16/kicking-down-doors/

Your quote came from a soldier who spent one day practicing. What you don't know is that a soldier who actually does this on a regular basis spends a little more time than a day practicing. We do it so much I could clear a "training(meaning in garrison shooting dummies like this kid" house blindfolded. We do it over and over and over and over and over again until there is almost no room to progress. Then we do it again. Then about 5 weeks later of doing this, we are some where past the basic. This kid just got a class, posted a blog and never cleared a house.

I've never been faced with the situation but let me put it this way, if by some chance, my family was in danger and I went out and got the biggest bomb I could find and dropped it on the neighborhood of the people I suspected had attacked them or were planning to attack them, you have permission to remind me to blow my brains out. Premeditated murder is murder under any excuse.

It looks like you are taking these things about soldiering on a very individualistic level, as opposed to taking them on a national/state level.

I don't think the same ethical and practical principles can be applied on all the different levels.

Your quote came from a soldier who spent one day practicing.

And the next day was sent to clear out two villages along with his bumbling cronies. Where all the unwary families who have been treated like crap by the soldiers will be the "bad guys" shooting at them when they break down doors and enter their houses, imagining their children are paper targets.

How can you defend this?:(
Vets on Afghanistan: There is No Military Solution

http://rethinkafghanistan.com/?utm_source=...
Veterans tell of the horrors of war, breaking down doors, killing the innocent, assuming guilt for every male. We are making enemies there and it only makes things worse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WENk-_uH6j8

I commented on it.

What would you like?

A little less glorification of violence against the defenseless.

And the next day was sent to clear out two villages along with his bumbling cronies. Where all the unwary families who have been treated like crap by the soldiers will be the "bad guys" shooting at them when they break down doors and enter their houses, imagining their children are paper targets.

How can you defend this?:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WENk-_uH6j8

Easy, he's lying. Unless you'd like to explain to me that because one blog in the past has proven to be accurate that all blogs are accurate.

so tell me how can you fight for peace?

Ah of course. He's lying. That makes sense, considering how professionally the soldiers have been shown to behave in Afghanistan.

so tell me how can you fight for peace?

A good beginning would be to stop glorifying violence against others. Or rewarding it.

Ah of course. He's lying. That makes sense, considering how professionally the soldiers have been shown to behave in Afghanistan.

A good beginning would be to stop glorifying violence against others. Or rewarding it.

You read enough news clippings to know how we act? I guess the media is another group who doesn't tell a lie.

Ah, of course. Because it's never worked before.

You read enough news clippings to know how we act? I guess the media is another group who doesn't tell a lie.

You're thinking US media. Its a whole different animal on this side of the ocean. :)

Ah, of course. Because it's never worked before.

Its never been tried. Ever notice how "heroes" always kill so many people in fiction? Where is the hero who refuses to?

You're thinking US media. Its a whole different animal on this side of the ocean. :)

All aspects of media are subject to bias. Don't kid yourself.

Its never been tried. Ever notice how "heroes" always kill so many people in fiction? Where is the hero who refuses to?

Since you're refering to fiction as help to implement your idea. I'd like to refer to a car.

When you put the ignition into a car, and turn it over. You hear it attempt to crank, but it just doesn't start. Would you say this car is broken, and you need to find a new solution to starting the car and driving on safely?

Well, when you don't reward war. Especially in the way you have, you are the person turning this ignition over. People listen to you sputter and try to get going. They watch as your head lights dimmer. You begin to run out of power to help keep the "not rewarding" system going. Eventually you give up on starting the car. As you realize this will not work and I need to try something better.

I'm going to quit this discussion here, because its becoming ridiculous.

You've explained to me how your life is of paramount value to you, so that you will be the first to take action and the last to back down. You're justifying the reasoning behind going to another country, where your colleagues [or you] drop missiles from the air on people who are very very poor and lack resources and understanding of what is happening, who have no infrstructure and have done nothing to warrant your intrusion into their lives. You justify why your colleagues [or you] break down doors, drag out women and children, consider every male a terrorist and have an itchy trigger finger because most of you are incompetent morons who do not even have the capacity to understand that the bad guys are not the ones who defend their homes and family and country, the bad guys are the ones who break down doors in the dark and come in shooting killing whatever is "in the way" regardless of age or sex or reason.

And you volunteered for this. You may even hope for recognition and reward.

So, whats wrong with you? And all the people like you?

As for media, what is your opinion of the veterans video I linked?

I'm going to quit this discussion here, because its becoming ridiculous.

You've explained to me how your life is of paramount value to you, so that you will be the first to take action and the last to back down. You're justifying the reasoning behind going to another country, where your colleagues [or you] drop missiles from the air on people who are very very poor and lack resources and understanding of what is happening, who have no infrstructure and have done nothing to warrant your intrusion into their lives. You justify why your colleagues [or you] break down doors, drag out women and children, consider every male a terrorist and have an itchy trigger finger because most of you are incompetent morons who do not even have the capacity to understand that the bad guys are not the ones who defend their homes and family and country, the bad guys are the ones who break down doors in the dark and come in shooting killing whatever is "in the way" regardless of age or sex or reason.

And you volunteered for this. You may even hope for recognition and reward.

So, whats wrong with you? And all the people like you?

As for media, what is your opinion of the veterans video I linked?

My life is important to me. You got that right! I'm not a martyr. My job makes it something of a requirement to deploy very often. That I did volunteer for. To help make a change I might add.

I advanced my career not only to make a change but to ensure I wasn't working with incompotent people. we like to call them rangers. give them a 5 minute break and you have to teach them again.

The toughest part I find is that I in no way justified anything. I just asked you to provide proof, and to explain yourself. I explained certain situations to you, but did not justify them. Atleast my intentions weren't to justify them.

I don't think soldiers are all in need of an ethics class. I think they're all emotionally stressed from spending so many nights being mortared and in fear of being blown up without a chance. It definitely weighs on their hearts and minds. But the thing to remember is, the same people they cannot see who their enemies are or trust are the same ones who go out to these towns and villages and talk to the villagers and try to be friendly. I'm not justifying that if one of these soldiers kills a kid it's okay cause the kid might be a terrorist.

I'm just showing how there isn't a ethics problem in all soldiers like you claim.

I cannot not watch that video due to international copyright laws. I'm not in america. But I'll say that they're emotionally unstable and they probably saw some bad stuff. God bless them for trying to make a change. I wouldn't be surprised however if they were misleading people though.

My life is important to me. You got that right! I'm not a martyr. My job makes it something of a requirement to deploy very often. That I did volunteer for. To help make a change I might add.

Change you can believe in? You're a martyr alright, you're just sacrificing the lives of less important people than yourself.

an arguement between two people is classified as a fight. hence you are fighting for peace. ever heard that before?

I'd like to see it more often, then murder obviously.

an argument as fighting for peace? No never heard of that before. I classify an argument as a disagreement over an issue. Conflict resolution through communication. Doesn't seem to work much on a website forum though, sadly.

Back